GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011

+9
sandysensfan
Riprock
LeCaptain
Ev
rooneypoo
spader
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1-1 after 1.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

They're not playing well at all

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Michalek with goal #16 !!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At least we got a point...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Diddle man. What a bummer... Karlsson blows a tire in the OT, Caps win.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was a horrendous OT.... all 12 seconds of it. Spezza with a lame face off attempt... everyone standing around... Karlsson fals, 2-on-1... over.

Diddle man.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Spezza didn't play a great game again.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson make a lot of nice stops, keeps them in games, but he's gotta be a lot better. First goal is deflating.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Got a point on the road, good enough.1-1-1 on this mini roadies after a huge roaide where they went over 500 and won the only game back home. Fantastic stretch, maybe the toughest stretch all year.

Come home, relax, put some wins together.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, the loser point is very nice this time around.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup. Take this point and go home. Pretty simple. Fantastic 10 game stretch.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Karlsson ties it up. 1-1 in the 2nd.

shabbs wrote:1-1 after 1.

Vertigo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We just got back into the car after practice as the Caps scored to go up 2-1. By the time we got home it was 6 minutes to go. Had no idea how it ended until I checked online. I must admit, I'm happy with the point. That was a really tough game to win tonight. Would have been even happier if we had at least gotten a point out of Dallas, but whatever. Get back home, have a good night's sleep and then back at it Monday.

I'm still wondering why Mac didn't play Filatov. You'd think he'd have an extra jump showing off for Ovechkin. But for pete's sake try him on left wing -- it's what he prefers, it's where he's had the most success.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:Got a point on the road, good enough.1-1-1 on this mini roadies after a huge roaide where they went over 500 and won the only game back home. Fantastic stretch, maybe the toughest stretch all year.

Come home, relax, put some wins together.
9 out of 10 on the road? Tough. But I've said since the preseason that Dec 1 through 20 is the stretch that will define their season. Check out their opponents over that 10 game stretch. So far they're 0-1-1. If they can get 8-9 more points before the back-to-backs with FLA/CAR and the Xmas break, that would be acceptable.

Either way, playing 10 straight games (arguably 11, if FLA is for real, 12 if CAR rounds into form under Muller) against top-tier teams will benefit them.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson's voice is Cussing wierd in the post game ITV
I hope Rundblad is gonna get better soon because he needs his minutes lowered a little bit.
Although he just said he had a lot of energy left for OT Laugh1

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Any thoughts on Maclean throwing his 4th line out there with 50 seconds left in the 3rd? They played a fine game and I like the trust he showed in them, but it was hardly a noteworthy shift. One of them missed a pass from Karlsson that led to an icing (who knows if a more skilled player would have picked it up) that killed off 20 seconds, then the puck went back up ice with very little being created.

To be fair, the Alfie-Michalek line was out right before that and Spezza was having yet another off night (injuries or no injuries, this inconsistency is ridiculous).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

cash wrote:Any thoughts on Maclean throwing his 4th line out there with 50 seconds left in the 3rd? They played a fine game and I like the trust he showed in them, but it was hardly a noteworthy shift. One of them missed a pass from Karlsson that led to an icing (who knows if a more skilled player would have picked it up) that killed off 20 seconds, then the puck went back up ice with very little being created.

To be fair, the Alfie-Michalek line was out right before that and Spezza was having yet another off night (injuries or no injuries, this inconsistency is ridiculous).

They were playing well, he wanted the point, Mission accomplished. Simple as that IMO.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Jared Cowen led the team in ice time by the way. I didn't expect it to be this fast.
Butler needs a few games in the stands. Because he sucks, and because I'm pretty sure he's not keeping the pace physically as indicated by Murray a few days ago
EDIT: Doesn't help that the centre is completely pooping the bed

Last edited by LeKid on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum