GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 31, 2011

+5
sandysensfan
NEELY
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 31, 2011

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 31, 2011 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 31, 2011 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 31, 2011 Large

Coverage:
TV: CBC, MSG-B
Radio: Team1200
Internet: http://livetv.ru/en

Coming fresh off an improbable comeback against the Flames, the Senators shuffle off to Buffalo to end the year with good old friends and good cheer ... who are we kidding. The Senators would love to end the year on a winning streak (2 games would be a streak) and back in a playoff spot. Ottawa is currently sitting in 9th, but tied in points with the three bottom playoff teams -- New Jersey, Winnipeg and Toronto. Since Winnipeg plays Toronto tonight, a win by the Sens means at least 8th. And since the Devils are hosting the Penguins, the Sens could end up in 7th. Both Buffalo and Ottawa played last night, and both had to travel to Buffalo, so fatigue should not be an excuse. If you look at Buffalo's lineup (below) and then remember their payroll is at the high end of the salary cap, you'll realize they are battling through some injuries. Tyler Myers (broken wrist), Christian Ehrhoff (undisclosed -- injured in a fight and is out "weeks"), Ville Leino (LBI), Nathan Gerbe (concussion), Tyler Ennis (ankle), Andrej Sekera (UBI), Colin Stuart (LBI) and Corey Tropp (UBI) are all out. The Sens are missing Peter Regin and Jesse Winchester.

The two teams have met four times this season with Ottawa winning the first two, and Buffalo the next two. Karlsson and Spezza each have 4 points against Buffalo, while Roy and Stafford each have 5 against Ottawa.

Latest updates:
O Captain, my Captain! Alfie reached the 400 goal plateau in a dramatic fashion on home ice, scoring the game winning goal in overtime. #11 scored his 11th goal at 10:11PM local time. It was the 11th home win and the 11th sell-out of the season. The Alfie -- he goes to eleven!

OTTAWA (18-15-5)
Goals leader: Milan Michalek (19)
Assists leader: Erik Karlsson (30)
Points leader: Jason Spezza (38)

Who's hot: Alfie has 11 points (4/7) in his last 7 games; Karlsson has 9 points in his last 6.
Who's cold: Spezza has 1 point in his last 4 (but has played well)

Projected lines:

FORWARDS
Greening - Spezza -Michalek
Condra - Turris - Alfredsson
Foligno - Smith - Butler
Daugavins - Konopka - Neil

DEFENCE
Filip Kuba - Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen - Sergei Gonchar
Chris Phillips - Brian Lee

GOALIES
Craig Anderson (projected starter)
Alex Auld

Buffalo (17-17-3)
Goals leader: Vanek (18)
Assists leader: Pominville (27)
Points leader: Pominville (39)

Who's hot: Vanek has 10 points in last 7 games
Who's cold: Miller is 0-2-0 with SV% of .864 in his last two games

Projected Lines:
FORWARDS
Vanek - Hecht - Pominville
Stafford - Roy - Boyes
McCormick - Gaustad - Kaleta
Ellis - Adam - Kassian

DEFENCE -- clearly needs to be updated as 2 top-four D-men are out from last night
Ehrhoff - McNabb
Regehr - Sekera
Leopold - Gragnani

GOALIES
Enroth (projected starter)
Miller

NHL Game Day Preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020561
TSN Game Day Preview: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?hubname=nhl-sabres

TSN Ice Chips for Ottawa: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators

TSN Ice Chips for Buffalo: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-sabres

GO SENS GO!!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:58 am; edited 4 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anderson was slated to backup yesterday but was called to duty after the 1st to help the team get the awesome comeback. Hopefully the momentum can continue!

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ehrhoff was injured in a fight yesterday and Ruff says he could be out "weeks". He wouldn't disclose the nature of the injury. So their top two D-men (Ehrhoff and Myers) are both out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also just read that Sekera is out indefinitely.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"I wasn't really thinking whether I score or not, it's going to be No. 400. I was just trying to find a lane, and if I did, I was going to shoot. I saw it go in, and I saw Erik [Karlsson] jumping towards me and that's when I realized it. Obviously having family and friends here makes it that much more special." -- Alfredsson on his milestone goal scored in overtime on Friday against Calgary

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And the Accuscore projections has Buffalo as a slight (52%) favorite.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:"I wasn't really thinking whether I score or not, it's going to be No. 400. I was just trying to find a lane, and if I did, I was going to shoot. I saw it go in, and I saw Erik [Karlsson] jumping towards me and that's when I realized it. Obviously having family and friends here makes it that much more special." -- Alfredsson on his milestone goal scored in overtime on Friday against Calgary

Hell of a moment, really awesome.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neil retrieves the puck at the end.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sabres game day preview:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2011020561

Sabres Injury Report: Christian Ehrhoff (undisclosed) left Friday's game after a first-period scrap with Washington's Troy Brouwer and could miss weeks, according to Sabres coach Lindy Ruff. Andrej Sekera (upper body), Colin Stuart (knee), Tyler Ennis (ankle), Ville Leino (lower body), Corey Tropp (head) and Nathan Gerbe (concussion) have all missed time due to injury for the Sabres this month.

Ottawa is without forwards Peter Regin (shoulder) and Jesse Winchester (concussion).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ScoreOttawa: According to Coach Paul MacLean, Craig Anderson will start tonight. Matt Carkner is in, Brian Lee is out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:ScoreOttawa: According to Coach Paul MacLean, Craig Anderson will start tonight. Matt Carkner is in, Brian Lee is out.

Don't understand that decision, but w/e.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You gotta get both guys in, there's not a lot to it.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:ScoreOttawa: According to Coach Paul MacLean, Craig Anderson will start tonight. Matt Carkner is in, Brian Lee is out.

Carkner is probably in because of Gaustad (payback tonight?), Kaleta & Kassian. Need some more toughness on the backend.

Let's hope the Sens team of the 2nd & 3rd period shows tonight... not the one from the 1st period.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:You gotta get both guys in, there's not a lot to it.

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Carkner is probably in because of Gaustad (payback tonight?), Kaleta & Kassian. Need some more toughness on the backend.

Let's hope the Sens team of the 2nd & 3rd period shows tonight... not the one from the 1st period.

Lee had a nice showing last night IMO, I wouldn't change the D - although Carkner should be a calming influence (although he played poorly on his return IMO).

Good call Sandy, there's a real chance the Sens want to be able to keep the Sabres subdued.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum