GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 31, 2011

+5
sandysensfan
NEELY
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Carkner and Neil. I guess they aren't trying to hit the corners.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Another post -- this time by Foligno.

Just aim for the center of the net -- Enroth is giving out rebounds like candy at Hallowe'en.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The four goal scorers tonight (so far) have scored a total of 12 goals (counting the four tonight). Neil is the runaway leader of this group with 5 of those 12.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not the prettiest, but a nice 2 points - and 4 points in 2 games. Beauty. Karlsson is unreal.

SpezDispenser wrote:Not the prettiest, but a nice 2 points - and 4 points in 2 games. Beauty. Karlsson is unreal.

No kidding. He's really starting to make a solid argument that he's the best D-man out of that draft class, which is really saying something.

Side note: The 50/50 draw at the Can/U.S. game was $146,000 I am told? WTF!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, 106K. Wow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hope I padded it enough to see the SO. Looks like a lot of shooters.

Two points up on TO to start the new year. Ooooh yeeeeaaaah!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Re-watching some of the game -- how was Gaustad's goal allowed? He pushes off Cowen and skates backwards into Anderson, bowling him over. If Anderson was out of the crease it was by an inch or less. And even if Gaustad's skate did not enter the crease until after the goal, his big butt certainly was in the crease before that. And what the $&%( was he doing even playing -- he should have been serving a 5 game (or more) suspension for a hit from behind into the boards resulting in injury.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice way to close out the year and start the new one!

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens are on a 90-point pace for the season. A quick look at the schedule shows that they have more games against teams behind them then teams ahead of them (by about 3-4 games). For the records, I did not count teams like the Devils and Panthers as either ahead or behind as I think they are pretty even.

Baring significant injuries, I think it's possible the Sens will be able to pull away a bit. If they can get 16 points in January they will be on a 93-point pace, which should be good enough. This is their schedule in January:

Devils (home)
Lightning (home)
Flyers (away)
Flyers (home)
Penguins (away)
Rangers (away)
Canadiens (away)
Jets (home
Leafs (away)
Sharks (away)
Ducks (away)
Kings (away)
Coyotes (away)
Bruins (away)

What do you think -- can we get 8 wins (or any other combination ow wins and OTLs totaling 16 points) from that schedule?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes, I think they can get 16 points from that personally.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Yes, I think they can get 16 points from that personally.

I think so, too. In fact, I was thinking they could get 8 wins, then throw in another 2-3 loser points and we could be flirting with 20. If we did get 20 points, then we would be on a 97-point pace, and probably better than that, given the improved play a reduced competition. Hey, did I just rationalize the Sens into a 100-point season? Wait -- is that a blue maple leaf growing on my chest???! Aaaargh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One game at a time Prags.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:One game at a time Prags.

From the guy who started the "Dare to dream..." thing? Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Just mean that this team has to play it one game at a time because they can beat anyone. The dare to dream thing more applies to trades.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just joking Smile

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Just mean that this team has to play it one game at a time because they can beat anyone. The dare to dream thing more applies to trades and waiver wire pickups.

fyp? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With parity, it goes both way -- you could beat anyone (Calgary with a rookie goaltender beating Vancouver) or get beaten by anyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum