GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mock Drafts

+13
22_4_ever
SensHulk
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
The Silfer Server
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

61Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Guess it's time we start getting mentally prepared to welcome Ryan Strome to the fold.

I've been for weeks now. Kid's got serious talent...and he's the youngest player in the draft. Tons of room to grow.

62Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:06 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Guess it's time we start getting mentally prepared to welcome Ryan Strome to the fold.

I did that a while ago. Got a ton of talent, hope it all works.

63Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:

I've been for weeks now. Kid's got serious talent...and he's the youngest player in the draft. Tons of room to grow.

But he's an Donkey-hat.

There's no way they're not getting Landeskog. Book it.

64Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:

But he's an Donkey-hat.

If by some miracle we get Landeskog, I'm just going to start yelling, then freak out, then cry, then run through the streets naked while singing.

All out of joy of course.

65Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:

But he's an Donkey-hat.

They might not get Landeskog unless it's 6 + 21 coming back. I think too many teams love Landeskog there's gonna be an awful bidding war for that 4th overall.
6 + 21 >> Landeskog IMO.

66Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:35 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

OK, so, we've had lots of talk about who we're going to pick at 6 (Landeskog, Strome, etc.), and some talk about who we'll take at 21 (Grimaldi, McNeil), but we've got 3 2nd rounders to work with, too.

Prospect people, who is likely to be available in the 2nd round that I ought to get excited about, and why?

EDIT: looking over TSN's list, I only recognize Rask, the two Gibson goalies, and Prince. Help! Razz

Last edited by rooneypoo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

67Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think some of those 2nd rounders will be traded to move up. Realistically, how far would Chicago's 2nd get us from #21? What about our own?

Does it happen often that a team moves up *one* sport in the draft? You'd think that moving up one means the team ahead of you wants the same player, so wouldn't it take more to change their mind? Wouldn't you be overpaying and, in that case, maybe trading up two spots is a better value proposition?

68Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:30 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:

But he's an Donkey-hat.

I'm going to gowith this. Realisticly NJ could move down twice if teams are really looking to move up. I think they end up with Murphy.

69Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:OK, so, we've had lots of talk about who we're going to pick at 6 (Landeskog, Strome, etc.), and some talk about who we'll take at 21 (Grimaldi, McNeil), but we've got 3 2nd rounders to work with, too.

Prospect people, who is likely to be available in the 2nd round that I ought to get excited about, and why?

EDIT: looking over TSN's list, I only recognize Rask, the two Gibson goalies, and Prince. Help! Razz

Here's some guys I like and/or have heard others talk about a lot:

D-Men
Connor Murphy - could go 1st round, but excellent puck mover, one of the best sleeper D in the draft. Awesome at U-18's.
Scott Mayfield - lots of potential, big guy, joins the rush, was not developed as well because he plays in USHL (not for the US team).
Stuart Percy - does everything, quietly effective. Was great for majors in playoffs and Mem Cup.
David Musil - ultimate shut-down D, father played for Sens

Forwards
Mario Lucia - don't know much about him, but apparently very skilled and lots of potential, a little "unknown" since he plays high school hockey (although was on US NTDP at the end of the year, and scored 3 goals in 6 games.
Daniel Catenacci - very speedy 3rd line grinder type, former 1st overall pick in OHL...probably faster player in the draft, and has great strength
Dmitrij Jaskin - born in Russia but he is Czech, the ultimate power forward. Big body with skill.
Philip Danault - hard worker, great character, decent skill, is already Captain of his Q team.
Shane McColgan - smallish player but lots of skill. Turned it up big-time in the playoffs this year (8G, 19P in 10 games). The skill makes him a good gamble, IMO.
Rickard Rakell - good two-way Swede
Jean-Gabriel Pageau - dominated Couturier in the playoffs, awesome skill and speed. The risk is his small frame but he could go 2nd if someone reaches.

70Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:36 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In the Dobber Hockey interactive mock draft, this is what I have picked for Ottawa:

#6 - Mika Zibanejad (C)
#21 - Rocco Grimaldi (C)
#36 - Scott Mayfield (D)
#48 - Dmitrij Jaskin (RW)
#61 - TBD

I got a good mix of a two-way beast, extremely skilled small forward, big power forward with sleeper potential, and a d-man who has big-time potential who could go in the 1st round.

Although, this mock was a little challenged because somebody pick Ben Conz in the second round Facepalm A goalie who was passed over the last two drafts.

71Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:43 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

In all honesty, on Friday I don't see NJ using their pick unless Larsson falls to 4, which would mean Colorado skipped over Landeskog. Florida has made it known they are going with Huberdeau unless it was put out there to mess with other teams.

If Landeskog is available at 4, he's a Senator.

72Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:46 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:In all honesty, on Friday I don't see NJ using their pick unless Larsson falls to 4, which would mean Colorado skipped over Landeskog. Florida has made it known they are going with Huberdeau unless it was put out there to mess with other teams.

If Landeskog is available at 4, he's a Senator.

So Strome if we stay put at 6, Landeskog if we manage to move up to 4. With 2 clear pre-conditions for the 2nd scenario -- the Avs take Larrson and not Landeskog, and NJ is more interested in a D and so is willing to step back two spots for the appropriate recompense (presumably, a 2nd+?).

Strome or Landeskog. Strome or Landeskog...

73Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:OK, so, we've had lots of talk about who we're going to pick at 6 (Landeskog, Strome, etc.), and some talk about who we'll take at 21 (Grimaldi, McNeil), but we've got 3 2nd rounders to work with, too.

Here's some guys I like and/or have heard others talk about a lot:

D-Men
Connor Murphy - could go 1st round, but excellent puck mover, one of the best sleeper D in the draft. Awesome at U-18's.
Scott Mayfield - lots of potential, big guy, joins the rush, was not developed as well because he plays in USHL (not for the US team).
Stuart Percy - does everything, quietly effective. Was great for majors in playoffs and Mem Cup.
David Musil - ultimate shut-down D, father played for Sens

Forwards
Mario Lucia - don't know much about him, but apparently very skilled and lots of potential, a little "unknown" since he plays high school hockey (although was on US NTDP at the end of the year, and scored 3 goals in 6 games.
Daniel Catenacci - very speedy 3rd line grinder type, former 1st overall pick in OHL...probably faster player in the draft, and has great strength
Dmitrij Jaskin - born in Russia but he is Czech, the ultimate power forward. Big body with skill.
Philip Danault - hard worker, great character, decent skill, is already Captain of his Q team.
Shane McColgan - smallish player but lots of skill. Turned it up big-time in the playoffs this year (8G, 19P in 10 games). The skill makes him a good gamble, IMO.
Rickard Rakell - good two-way Swede
Jean-Gabriel Pageau - dominated Couturier in the playoffs, awesome skill and speed. The risk is his small frame but he could go 2nd if someone reaches.

Thanks for that. Jaskin, Danault, and Pageau all sound pretty interesting. With 1 early and 2 late 2nds, we have the opportunity to double, basically, our existing forward prospects in one morning -- provided that we keep all those picks, that is.

74Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would say if they don't land Landeskog it's between Zibenajed and Strome. I think it's still a toss up between those two.

75Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1233065

McKeen's Top 10:

1 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2 Adam Larsson
3 Jonathan Huberdeau
4 Dougie Hamilton
5 Gabriel Landeskog
6 Sean Couturier
7 Ryan Murphy
8 Ryan Strome
9 Mika Zibanejad
10 Rocco Grimaldi

76Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:58 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1233065

McKeen's Top 10:

1 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2 Adam Larsson
3 Jonathan Huberdeau
4 Dougie Hamilton
5 Gabriel Landeskog
6 Sean Couturier
7 Ryan Murphy
8 Ryan Strome
9 Mika Zibanejad
10 Rocco Grimaldi

If Landeskog goes at 5, I'll be pissed. That's supposed to be our pick! Dammit!

77Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1233065

McKeen's Top 10:

1 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2 Adam Larsson
3 Jonathan Huberdeau
4 Dougie Hamilton
5 Gabriel Landeskog
6 Sean Couturier
7 Ryan Murphy
8 Ryan Strome
9 Mika Zibanejad
10 Rocco Grimaldi

If Landeskog goes at 5, I'll be pissed. That's supposed to be our pick! Dammit!

You shouldn't be Rocco Grimaldi will still be on the board. (Note the bold script) He must be good.

78Mock Drafts - Page 5 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Grimaldi is unreal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum