GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN Mock Draft results

+4
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1TSN Mock Draft results Empty TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, TSN ran the mock draft last night with McGuire and Button making the picks.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282668

McGuire and Button disagreed on who would go #1 and a few others... Button had us taking OEL at 9th and McGuire had us taking Kadri.

Here are McGuire's Top 10:

1 - Islanders - Tavares
2 - Tampa bay - Hedman
3 - Colorado - Duchene
4 - Atlanta - Kane
5 - LA - Schenn
6 - Phoenix - OEL
7 - Toronto - Cowen
8 - Dallas - MPS
9 - Ottawa - Kadri
10 - Edmonton - Glennie

2TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:02 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:So, TSN ran the mock draft last night with McGuire and Button making the picks.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282668

McGuire and Button disagreed on who would go #1 and a few others... Button had us taking OEL at 9th and McGuire had us taking Kadri.

Here are McGuire's Top 10:

1 - Islanders - Tavares
2 - Tampa bay - Hedman
3 - Colorado - Duchene
4 - Atlanta - Kane
5 - LA - Schenn
6 - Phoenix - OEL
7 - Toronto - Cowen
8 - Dallas - MPS
9 - Ottawa - Kadri
10 - Edmonton - Glennie

I like Button's pick, McGuire is a tool, nothing against Kadri, but rather OEL or Kassian even if you are picking a power forward.

3TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:03 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Out of the 30 picks (times 2) the only negative comment I heard was about Kadri (inconsistent). I will be disappointed if he is picked.

MSP on the other hand "strong as a house".

4TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:12 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Out of the 30 picks (times 2) the only negative comment I heard was about Kadri (inconsistent). I will be disappointed if he is picked.

I believe I heard yesterday that MPS has a bit of knock on his defensive game, but nothing that good coaching can't fix.

5TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:14 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Here are Button's picks:

1 - Islanders - Hedman
2 - Tampa bay - Tavares
3 - Colorado - Duchene
4 - Atlanta - Kane
5 - LA - MPS
6 - Phoenix - Cowen
7 - Toronto - Schenn
8 - Dallas - Josefson
9 - Ottawa - OEL
10 - Edmonton - Glennie

Interesting that he has Josefson at 8 for Dallas.

6TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:19 am

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Out of the 30 picks (times 2) the only negative comment I heard was about Kadri (inconsistent). I will be disappointed if he is picked.

I believe I heard yesterday that MPS has a bit of knock on his defensive game, but nothing that good coaching can't fix.

Someone did make that comment after I said he had good defensive skills. I checked with Dawg after I heard McGuire say that his defensive game was solid and so was his agressiveness on the ice.

Dawg says scouts are split, but the general consensus is that his defensive game is good, in fact it's one of the skills that gives him good upside.

Take it for what it's worth, Dawg hasn't seen anything of him other than what was shown at the WJHC, so he's taken his info from other scouts.

7TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:24 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LN9bWOBRqM&feature=related

8TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:27 am

Im amazed at how good a lot of these Swedes English is.

9TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Im amazed at how good a lot of these Swedes English is.
Like Lidstrom... you'd never know he was Swedish.

10TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:40 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Someone did make that comment after I said he had good defensive skills. I checked with Dawg after I heard McGuire say that his defensive game was solid and so was his agressiveness on the ice.

Dawg says scouts are split, but the general consensus is that his defensive game is good, in fact it's one of the skills that gives him good upside.

Take it for what it's worth, Dawg hasn't seen anything of him other than what was shown at the WJHC, so he's taken his info from other scouts.

well then scratch what I said then, I swear I heard it somewhere though, I would be more than happy to have MPS selected by Murray no matter what some scouts say are his shortcomings.

11TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:58 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think the most interesting note to take out of all of these mock drafts is that after the top 3, there seems to be A LOT of disagreement about how the rest of the order will go. Which either means that 1. the draft is so deep that almost anyone in the top 15 picks will be playing a consistent role in the NHL in the near future or 2. some scouting services are massively overrating certain players.

For instance, the ISS has Kulikov at 6 but Pierre McGuire's mock draft had him at 16.

12TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:00 am

Probably why McGuire isnt the new GM of The Wild as well.

13TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:I think the most interesting note to take out of all of these mock drafts is that after the top 3, there seems to be A LOT of disagreement about how the rest of the order will go. Which either means that 1. the draft is so deep that almost anyone in the top 15 picks will be playing a consistent role in the NHL in the near future or 2. some scouting services are massively overrating certain players.

For instance, the ISS has Kulikov at 6 but Pierre McGuire's mock draft had him at 16.

A lot of disagreement, yes. I think we can all agree that the Name Dropper is a fool, though.

14TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Probably why McGuire isnt the new GM of The Wild as well.

no freaking kidding, which means another year or more of the Monster Performer on TSN, ugh.

15TSN Mock Draft results Empty Re: TSN Mock Draft results Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Usurprising. Kadri and OEL are the two names constantly offered as far as the Senators go.

If I'm GM, and it's probably a good thing I'm not, the only way I consider taking Kadri is if it's over Kulikov, rather than Cowen or OEL. Even then, I'm probably going with Kulikov.

It was a relief to hear Brent Flahr say that a forward wasn't necessarily their target, and that you can never have too many defencemen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum