GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mock Drafts

+13
22_4_ever
SensHulk
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
The Silfer Server
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

121Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Haha, I still can't wrap my head around a guy that will probably play at 6'0 and close to 200lbs as small, lol.

He's actually 5'10", and he will not be 6'0" ever, unless a miracle happens.

He's small in height only, compared to other centres being drafted. That's one of the reasons why he isn't a projected 1st rounder right now.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

122Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It would be very nice to have an Ottawa prospect in Ottawa, that's for sure.

I think he's very underrated. Small but has high work ethic, great playmaker, made Toffoli a 60 goal scorer. Has his head on straight, very confident. Good skater...etc.

I think he would be talked about more if the 67's went deep in the playoffs. Look at Zack Phillips...is there really a huge difference between the two other than size.

That's BS, the guy is not small. He's 5'11 and 185lbs, since when is that small? The guy may very well play at 195-200lbs when he's all filled in. Prince would be a very nice 2nd round pick, wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 1st. A lot like Corey Perry draft pick in terms of how it may set up IMO.

5'10" 181 is his official height and weight from the combine. Not small like Grimaldi but smaller than most. Looks smaller than that, even.

123Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Really hoping we can get Shane Prince somehow...don't know if they are high on him though. They obviously would have had a lot of time to evaluate him.

Prince is a Murray type pick. A guy that continues to improve and a guy that still has a ton of room to grow. Don't be shocked if Ottawa takes him with their first 2nd round pick.

Agreed (and fyp).

Yes more 67's. They missed on Ryan Martindale.. big body.. good player.

I don't think they had a chance getting Couture he went higher... what a find he has been.

Next year... Cody Ceci?

124Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I added TSN's mock draft to my original post on page 1, just so that they will all be together.

Here it is though:
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=45548

Interesting. It's been a while since I've seen Larsson going 1st overall; don't think that will happen. Zibanejad falls all the way to 11 yet the Sens take Couturier at #6. A week ago I would have agreed, but Zibanejad looks more NHL-ready. And they've got Rattie going to the Sens at #21.

Not sure if you are aware but the Sens have said numerous times NHL readyness is not a factor.

But earlier on Murray said that their top-six pick will be a player that will be playing in the NHL next season. I was hoping that that would also mean that he would be NHL-ready. Don't want to be like those other clubs.

Pierre Dorion 2 days ago
“Whoever we take at No. 6, there might be some other guys who are more ready, but we want guys to help us win when they become physically and mentally mature.”

125Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think they target Shane Prince with their 2nd rounder. A late 1st round pick is quite a jump for him (at least to 21). There's a good chance he might still be there at 36.... FingersCrossed

126Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Scott Mayfield at #35 please Smile

127Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:04 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I added TSN's mock draft to my original post on page 1, just so that they will all be together.

Here it is though:
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=45548

Interesting. It's been a while since I've seen Larsson going 1st overall; don't think that will happen. Zibanejad falls all the way to 11 yet the Sens take Couturier at #6. A week ago I would have agreed, but Zibanejad looks more NHL-ready. And they've got Rattie going to the Sens at #21.

Not sure if you are aware but the Sens have said numerous times NHL readyness is not a factor.

But earlier on Murray said that their top-six pick will be a player that will be playing in the NHL next season. I was hoping that that would also mean that he would be NHL-ready. Don't want to be like those other clubs.

Pierre Dorion 2 days ago
“Whoever we take at No. 6, there might be some other guys who are more ready, but we want guys to help us win when they become physically and mentally mature.”

In Prag's defense, Dorion also said (a couple of months ago) that they'd be taking someone that would step in and help immediately. He's entitled to change his position (especially post-lottery) since the circumstances have changed, but he absolutely made contradictory claims.

128Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

From the following article in the online version of the sun.
Sun Article

“Some guys at No. 6 might be more ready than other guys we take at No. 6,” said Dorion. “Our philosophy here is always to take who we think will be the best player down the road for us.”

Murray said don’t rule out Ottawa’s top choice playing next season on what will likely be a young team.

“There are guys that can,” said Murray. “The Stanley Cup winner (Boston) picked (Tyler) Seguin (last year) and he played some games. Their philosophy was: ‘He’s going to step in and play.’ Who can argue with that? They just had a parade and he was a contributor.

129Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It would be very nice to have an Ottawa prospect in Ottawa, that's for sure.

I think he's very underrated. Small but has high work ethic, great playmaker, made Toffoli a 60 goal scorer. Has his head on straight, very confident. Good skater...etc.

I think he would be talked about more if the 67's went deep in the playoffs. Look at Zack Phillips...is there really a huge difference between the two other than size.

That's BS, the guy is not small. He's 5'11 and 185lbs, since when is that small? The guy may very well play at 195-200lbs when he's all filled in. Prince would be a very nice 2nd round pick, wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 1st. A lot like Corey Perry draft pick in terms of how it may set up IMO.

5'10" 181 is his official height and weight from the combine. Not small like Grimaldi but smaller than most. Looks smaller than that, even.

181 lbs after a full season of hockey and a concussion? The kid will be playing between 195-200 lbs in The NHL. That's not small and if that's the knock against him...

130Mock Drafts - Page 9 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:Scott Mayfield at #35 please Smile

were you reading the Dobber Hockey board mock draft Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum