GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mock Drafts

+13
22_4_ever
SensHulk
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
The Silfer Server
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:53 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1.RNH
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...
HA HA! I see those glasses are back on...

Wink

Ha, I guess, but I think the teams in front will take skill over grit.

No chance Landeskog goes after Couturier, none.

17Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:56 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Sure there is, how can you say that?

18Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:32 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Because Landeskog is a superior player and is projected to be the better NHLer.

19Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Real hard to say that. Couturier had mono, has great hockey sense, is a big player. I'm not sure that's the case. Because Landeskog has grown into almost a man's body already he's been able to impress people big time, Couturier is 6'4" and not even close to Landeskog's weight yet.

20Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm sure some teams have Couturier over Landeskog, it's not a huge difference. The Avs compared him to Perry and Ryan.

21Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ok ok

my ugly ranking since most want to believe we'll see Hamilton in the top 5...

RNH
Huberdeau
Larsson
Landeskog
Couturier
Strome
Hamilton
Zibanejad
Murphy
Bartschi

22Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'll take couturier over Lando personally but i don't think we'll get either.

23Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...

Wink

While I'm not saying I disagree, it would be fun to collect all of these types of statements and look them over a week from now.

I'd certainly have a bit of a problem if we were picking where both were available. Couturier is a center and is 6'3". He matched his 96 point total this year, playing fewer games because of mono. He's 17 so he could actually grow another inch or two; Landeskog is 19, so 6'0" is the ceiling for him. Because Couturier still has to grow into his frame (which will take at least 2 years, probably closer to 5) and Landeskog is pretty much there now, it's impossible to compare the two fairly.

If I needed a player to step into the lineup and produce right away, no question, you take Landeskog. But that's not the need of this team. I'm in the minority even here, thinking that we will make the playoffs in 2011/12. We have a #1 center and a couple 3rd line centers, but we certainly don't have anyone who is a proven 2nd line center, and certainly no-one to replace Spezza in 5-6 years (or sooner, depending on his back).

Good think Lando will be gone by the time we pick Smile

24Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...

Wink

While I'm not saying I disagree, it would be fun to collect all of these types of statements and look them over a week from now.

I'd certainly have a bit of a problem if we were picking where both were available. Couturier is a center and is 6'3". He matched his 96 point total this year, playing fewer games because of mono. He's 17 so he could actually grow another inch or two; Landeskog is 19, so 6'0" is the ceiling for him. Because Couturier still has to grow into his frame (which will take at least 2 years, probably closer to 5) and Landeskog is pretty much there now, it's impossible to compare the two fairly.

If I needed a player to step into the lineup and produce right away, no question, you take Landeskog. But that's not the need of this team. I'm in the minority even here, thinking that we will make the playoffs in 2011/12. We have a #1 center and a couple 3rd line centers, but we certainly don't have anyone who is a proven 2nd line center, and certainly no-one to replace Spezza in 5-6 years (or sooner, depending on his back).

I think, with a little luck, we'll compete for a playoff spot. Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't totally alone.

25Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Prager - Landeskog is only 18... and is only 2 weeks older than Couturier.

26Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...

Wink

I think, with a little luck, we'll compete for a playoff spot. Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't totally alone.
there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.

27Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings on Monday at 7:30pm.

28Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:21 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.
30% is probably fair, if a little conservative. If we get a healthy season out of a few key performers (Mr. Anderson, Spezz, Michalek, Alfie, Karlsson), a bounce back season from Gonchar, Phillips, and Regin, and a further development from Foligno, Butler, Greening and any other B-towners, we'll be in great shape. Of course, all those "ifs" mean that 30% is probably fairly accurate.

29Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:30 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

30Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:26 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.

31Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:38 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

He compiles from other rankings, right? He's making list informed by others, if I understand correctly.

32Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:45 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't know... even if you take all the existing mocks around and compile them you won't get a fair picture.

If he gets close it's because he's A) figured it out or B) talked to other GM's and knows enough of what they know.
I'm sure he wouldn't leak anything that might sever any future info he might get in the future.

33Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He gets NHL scouts to rank them and then compiles the list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum