GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2009 draft order - all rounds +_ mock draft

+3
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Phoenix30
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Here is an updated draft order of all picks except for the final 4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NHL_Entry_Draft

I would really like to see Murray pick up another mid 1st if possible and since we don't have a 3rd rounder I would like to see Murray get another 2nd. NYI have an abundance of picks this year and maybe Murray could coax them to take one of our players for either a 2nd or 3rd.

As well, here is a link I found for a mock draft.

http://www.nhldraftsite.com/index.htm#1

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

who?

92009 draft order - all rounds +_ mock draft OttSenOttawaJohn MooreD6'2"18011/19/90Chicago Steel (USHL)United States

I can honestly say I never heard of this guy, and is the one below a typo, Cassidy?

482009 draft order - all rounds +_ mock draft OttSenOttawa (from Columbus)Cassidy MappinLW6'0"18612/20/90Red Deer (WHL)Canada

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

John Moore:

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?id=41131

Compared to Jay Bouwmeester and Scott Niedermayer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dunno about John Moore. I thought he was supposed to be a 15 or 16th overall pick. We're in 9th...don't feel comfortable.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:I dunno about John Moore. I thought he was supposed to be a 15 or 16th overall pick. We're in 9th...don't feel comfortable.

He's 6th among North Americans, wherever that lands him overall. I noticed in that mock draft that the Wings are taking Rundblad.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:I dunno about John Moore. I thought he was supposed to be a 15 or 16th overall pick. We're in 9th...don't feel comfortable.

He's 6th among North Americans, wherever that lands him overall. I noticed in that mock draft that the Wings are taking Rundblad.

Rather take a chance on Kassian at # 9 than Moore myself, and not surprised on the Wings and Rundblad, they have to have one swedish mid round overachiever each draft Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Rather take a chance on Kassian at # 9 than Moore myself, and not surprised on the Wings and Rundblad, they have to have one swedish mid round overachiever each draft Sarcasm

For some reason Kassian jumped from 24 to 10 among NA Skaters. Looks like he could be a grinding forward.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

For some reason Kassian jumped from 24 to 10 among NA Skaters. Looks like he could be a grinding forward.

which we need, I hope I copied this right, but this is from the same site you showed the feature on Moore.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=635&id=41132

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

My preference is Simon Despres for D if we can't get Cowan. Actually i would be happy with either.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

It would be an almost carbon copy of the 2005 draft IMO.

If I'm Murray, this is my drafting thought process:

If we somehow acquire a top-3 pick, we're looking at Hedman, Duchene or Tavares.

4-7, Schenn, MPS, Kane, Cowen.

If we stay where we are (assuming one of these players doesn't fall) then take OEL or Kulikov. And that's fine. Great, even.

Don't mess this up. 🇬🇬

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:It would be an almost carbon copy of the 2005 draft IMO.

If I'm Murray, this is my drafting thought process:

If we somehow acquire a top-3 pick, we're looking at Hedman, Duchene or Tavares.

4-7, Schenn, MPS, Kane, Cowen.

If we stay where we are (assuming one of these players doesn't fall) then take OEL or Kulikov. And that's fine. Great, even.

Don't mess this up. 🇬🇬

That's it. And the more I read about OEL and Kulikov (and it's starting to get obsessive cool) ), the more I feel that either one is going to end up complimenting one of our up and comers - either Karlsson or Wiercioch. Especially Kulikov if Wiercioch ends up being a steady D-men in his own end, he seems to have a lot of the key talents that Wiercioch is still working on and vice versa.

I'd start feeling more and more confident in our blueline in 2 or 3 years (EDIT: or less potentially) if this happens.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cowen's rank is total BS.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

To be honest, that mock draft was pretty poor. We're going to pass up on OEL three times, and he's going at 51. Rolling Eyes

If he falls out of the top-15, GMs will have some 'splainin' to do.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I will say this, though.

Myllari and Kuchin are very interesting picks.

I'd definitely be for the first one, and if he falls to us in the 5th or 6th rounds, I'd consider taking Kuchin.

AK was talked about for a long time as being one of the premier (top-5) prospects in this draft. He's got a terrible attitude, apparently, but it's a risk worth taking that low in the draft.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Cowen's rank is total BS.

So why is it BS. I think its reasonable he could fall to 7th in this mock draft.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum