GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft Centre 2009

+14
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
wprager
Acrobat
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cronie
Sens4thecup
PTFlea
asq2
LeCaptain
davetherave
SensFan71
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Draft Centre 2009 Empty Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:36 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

For Ottawa fans, while other teams fans are watching playoff games, our next highlight will be the ball drop that determines who picks where?

Here is an overview of the 14 teams vying for their ball to drop first (even if it means only moving up 5 spots)

Draft Centre 2009 Draft11

So realistically Ottawa will be picking 9th unless our ball drops, so who do we take, do we trade up, do we trade down? Is our best pick going to come in the first round or does BM have his eyes on diamonds in the rough in the later rounds? So much speculation happens after that ball drops, even more than just with Ottawa's point of view.

2Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:39 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

And here are the ISS Rankings, which make much more sense than TSN's, Paarjavi will not fall to # 7.

Draft Centre 2009 Iss10

The two rankings compared, who do we pick, Kulikov or Glennie? I say neither right now as I am sure BM has been weighing this decision for the past 2 weeks, possibly even longer.

3Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:45 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Great stuff SF71...thanks!

This is an area where I must admit my knowledge is quite limited...look forward to reading the informed commentary of our fellow GM Hockey 'GMs'....
Smile

4Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:48 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Great stuff SF71...thanks!

This is an area where I must admit my knowledge is quite limited...look forward to reading the informed commentary of our fellow GM Hockey 'GMs'....
Smile

No problem DTR, and I will be honest with you, not my area of expertise either, being out here in NB, we are away from the major playing teams in the development of the draftable players, I only see the Q, which in my opinion is a major step below the OHL/WHL, so am definitely interested to see what our armchair GM's have as analysis, its a tough choice, Murray only has one crack at a first round pick, and it could easily go either way, its like going all in on a mid pair, could make you look like a genius or make you look like an bloomin' idiot.

5Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

There's too much to chose from at 9th. Kulikov, Despres, OEL at D, Kadri, Holland, Josefson, Ferraro (looking pretty awesome at U18), Glennie, Kassian...

6Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:17 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:There's too much to chose from at 9th. Kulikov, Despres, OEL at D, Kadri, Holland, Josefson, Ferraro (looking pretty awesome at U18), Glennie, Kassian...

I don't think Kassian or Ferraro are top-10 picks.

I know a lot of people are big Kassian fans because they think he can bring the element to the team that Lucic brings to Boston, but I'm unconvinced. He's just not a fast enough skater. He's more like Neil with a bigger shot, which is nice, but not top-10 IMO. Then factor in that some have suspicions over his character, and I'm one of those guys who'd rather pursue the other names on this list.

Hopefully we win the lottery and can forget about all this.

7Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:29 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:There's too much to chose from at 9th. Kulikov, Despres, OEL at D, Kadri, Holland, Josefson, Ferraro (looking pretty awesome at U18), Glennie, Kassian...

I know a lot of people are big Kassian fans because they think he can bring the element to the team that Lucic brings to Boston, but I'm unconvinced. He's just not a fast enough skater. He's more like Neil with a bigger shot, which is nice, but not top-10 IMO. Then factor in that some have suspicions over his character, and I'm one of those guys who'd rather pursue the other names on this list.

okay hypothetical situation, we win the lottery, which boosts us to # 4, who do you pick? Duchene has slipped to # 4 on the ISS rankings, or do pick Schenn who is rated # 5? Personally, I hope that MPS is overlooked by the first 3, then nab him with # 4. I just don't think he will be there, it's possible he gets taken before Hedman IMHO.

8Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want Duchene so badly...I'd do almost anything to get him.

I wish...

9Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:32 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:okay hypothetical situation, we win the lottery, which boosts us to # 4, who do you pick?

Duchene. Then Kane, then Schenn.

I'd take Duchene over even MPS.

10Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:37 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I want Duchene so badly...I'd do almost anything to get him.

I wish...

would you weight the ottawa ball(s) in the lottery to ensure we get # 4 lol? that might be the only way other than trading up.

11Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:would you weight the ottawa ball(s) in the lottery to ensure we get # 4 lol? that might be the only way other than trading up.

I would think about trading up - depending on the asking price obviously. Who has the 3rd overall at this moment? Atlanta?

Spezza for Little and their pick. :D: Although, waiting until the lottery is done might be a better way to go, but still, you're in for a potential franchise player with the pick and Little, who's on his way to stardom.

12Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:

I think Ferraro is a very good player, he fights, good shot, and more importantly, leads his team in scoring, which to me is important because it says that he doesnt need to rely on others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20sz6_Aj4xc

Great shot, release IMO. Awesome ONe timer too. Seriously lacking on our Sens team. Seriously, I look at all those goals, I see a litle Dany Heatley its pretty weird.

Last edited by marakh on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:47 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

okay hypothetical situation, we win the lottery, which boosts us to # 4, who do you pick? Duchene has slipped to # 4 on the ISS rankings, or do pick Schenn who is rated # 5? Personally, I hope that MPS is overlooked by the first 3, then nab him with # 4. I just don't think he will be there, it's possible he gets taken before Hedman IMHO.

We win the lottery, we are 5th, not 4th Wink

14Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:55 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

We win the lottery, we are 5th, not 4th Wink

ah so we can only move up 4 spots, not 5, ouch, can't believe I messed that one up lol. Shrug

15Draft Centre 2009 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:would you weight the ottawa ball(s) in the lottery to ensure we get # 4 lol? that might be the only way other than trading up.

I would think about trading up - depending on the asking price obviously. Who has the 3rd overall at this moment? Atlanta?

Spezza for Little and their pick. :D: Although, waiting until the lottery is done might be a better way to go, but still, you're in for a potential franchise player with the pick and Little, who's on his way to stardom.

Or try to nab Tampa's pick.

Or both. Wink

Little and Duchene down the middle, Hedman on D. I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum