GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft Centre 2009

+14
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
wprager
Acrobat
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cronie
Sens4thecup
PTFlea
asq2
LeCaptain
davetherave
SensFan71
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

76Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I have a feeling that if Burke wants Tavares as much as he apparently does, we might see Lindros trade v.2

77Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:09 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Skilled, mean, tough. He will be a better pro than a jr. You dont breed those kind of players, they are born. Sens are going to have to be tough to play against because they will never be as skilled as Washington and Pitts will be. Thats how we will stay compeitive for the next 10 years.

I agree with the tough to play against, we had all skill in our SCF run, but in the end, Anaheim's "tough to play against" whitewashed any skill Ottawa brought to the table. I am not saying ditch skill all together, but more sandpaper, grit, competitiveness is key, we have the skill.

78Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I actually didnt buy that Ottawa more skilled argument versus ANaheim. They had MacDonald, Selanne, Getzlaf, Perry, Kunitz, Penner, Pronger, Niedermayer and a hot goalie. outside of the big line, Who did we have that matched all that skill?

I woudl agree Kassian is mean and has some skill, but the word is he's not fast and doesn`t skate very well.

79Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with Marakh. I would argue that Anaheim was both more skilled and tougher than Ottawa was - hence the Senators folded up their tent and went home (except Alfie and a few other notable exceptions.)

Murray needs to build a hybrid team, not one that relies exclusively on grit, or on skill/speed. In both cases, there are teams that will exploit the lack of the other quality to cut you down to size.

80Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

interesting stuff when you go back and read old stuff.

81Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, it's quite interesting to go back and read this stuff.

82Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

And we ended up with cowen HappyDance1 man i was and still am so happy with that pick Rockon Now if the coach of the junior team can play him in a top pairing role where he belongs i would be all set FingersCrossed

83Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, it's quite interesting to go back and read this stuff.

Yeah, remember the time when we kept slotting Wichester in on the first line? That was in another thread that SS just bumped (the "Who really has a chance..." thread). Good times.

84Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:10 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:I predict that the Sens will win the lottery tonight and move up 4 spots...

Draft Centre 2009 - Page 6 Senslottery

HA HA HA!

Meh... one can always wish.

Had Ottawa won the lottery, who would Bryan Murray have selected 5th overall?

In my opinion it would have been between Brayden Schenn, Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Cowen.

I believe Murray said there was a defenceman that was better than Hedman, so my guess would be OEL; but who knows, maybe it was Cowen all along?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum