GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft Centre 2009

+14
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
wprager
Acrobat
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cronie
Sens4thecup
PTFlea
asq2
LeCaptain
davetherave
SensFan71
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:47 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:There's too much to chose from at 9th. Kulikov, Despres, OEL at D, Kadri, Holland, Josefson, Ferraro (looking pretty awesome at U18), Glennie, Kassian...

I don't think Kassian or Ferraro are top-10 picks.

I know a lot of people are big Kassian fans because they think he can bring the element to the team that Lucic brings to Boston, but I'm unconvinced. He's just not a fast enough skater. He's more like Neil with a bigger shot, which is nice, but not top-10 IMO. Then factor in that some have suspicions over his character, and I'm one of those guys who'd rather pursue the other names on this list.

Hopefully we win the lottery and can forget about all this.

okay hypothetical situation, we win the lottery, which boosts us to # 4, who do you pick? Duchene has slipped to # 4 on the ISS rankings, or do pick Schenn who is rated # 5? Personally, I hope that MPS is overlooked by the first 3, then nab him with # 4. I just don't think he will be there, it's possible he gets taken before Hedman IMHO.

We win the lottery, we are 5th, not 4th Wink

17Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:55 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:There's too much to chose from at 9th. Kulikov, Despres, OEL at D, Kadri, Holland, Josefson, Ferraro (looking pretty awesome at U18), Glennie, Kassian...

I don't think Kassian or Ferraro are top-10 picks.

I know a lot of people are big Kassian fans because they think he can bring the element to the team that Lucic brings to Boston, but I'm unconvinced. He's just not a fast enough skater. He's more like Neil with a bigger shot, which is nice, but not top-10 IMO. Then factor in that some have suspicions over his character, and I'm one of those guys who'd rather pursue the other names on this list.

Hopefully we win the lottery and can forget about all this.

okay hypothetical situation, we win the lottery, which boosts us to # 4, who do you pick? Duchene has slipped to # 4 on the ISS rankings, or do pick Schenn who is rated # 5? Personally, I hope that MPS is overlooked by the first 3, then nab him with # 4. I just don't think he will be there, it's possible he gets taken before Hedman IMHO.

We win the lottery, we are 5th, not 4th Wink

ah so we can only move up 4 spots, not 5, ouch, can't believe I messed that one up lol. Shrug

18Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:26 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:would you weight the ottawa ball(s) in the lottery to ensure we get # 4 lol? that might be the only way other than trading up.

I would think about trading up - depending on the asking price obviously. Who has the 3rd overall at this moment? Atlanta?

Spezza for Little and their pick. :D: Although, waiting until the lottery is done might be a better way to go, but still, you're in for a potential franchise player with the pick and Little, who's on his way to stardom.

Or try to nab Tampa's pick.

Or both. Wink

Little and Duchene down the middle, Hedman on D. I love you

19Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I want Duchene so badly...I'd do almost anything to get him.

I wish...

would you weight the ottawa ball(s) in the lottery to ensure we get # 4 lol? that might be the only way other than trading up.

Yes. Yes I would.

20Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:would you weight the ottawa ball(s) in the lottery to ensure we get # 4 lol? that might be the only way other than trading up.

I would think about trading up - depending on the asking price obviously. Who has the 3rd overall at this moment? Atlanta?

Spezza for Little and their pick. :D: Although, waiting until the lottery is done might be a better way to go, but still, you're in for a potential franchise player with the pick and Little, who's on his way to stardom.

Or both. Wink

oh that would just be dreamy wouldn't it? :D:

21Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Or both. Wink

Oh man...couple with Karlsson, Wiercioch, Heatley, Alfredsson, Regin.... Shocked! I want.

22Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:31 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Unfortunately, Duchene's probably not NHL ready at this point. Although he is pretty athletic.

23Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:35 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Or both. Wink

Oh man...couple with Karlsson, Wiercioch, Heatley, Alfredsson, Regin.... Shocked! I want.

we have lofty goals, but you know, all that I am sure is entirely possible, warranted that Murray wants to pay the price.

24Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I'm surprised that no one has boy crush on Cowen?

25Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Unfortunately, Duchene's probably not NHL ready at this point. Although he is pretty athletic.

Nor is Karlsson, Wiecioch etc. Imagine our team in 2 years? Buh wow. :****:

26Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:39 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I very seriously think teams like LA and Phoenix who don't know what to do with their prospects could trade down if we offer them the right package. DO IT BRYAN!

27Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sens4thecup wrote:I'm surprised that no one has boy crush on Cowen?

Will be gone before 9th.

28Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:46 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I was certain that asq had one, but well, there are so many talented players in that top 10, hard to chose.

29Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

I was certain that asq had one, but well, there are so many talented players in that top 10, hard to chose.

Yeah, I'd kill to add Cowen. I don't think he'll be available at #9 though.

30Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:52 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Yeah, I'd kill to add Cowen. I don't think he'll be available at #9 though.

I would be schocked if other than Hedman, 7 teams will go with forwards.

31Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's with the name MacKenzie has Ottawa asa favoring? Glenn something?

and I will FREAK if Burke picks M S-P!! That would be HORRIBLE!

32Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:39 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:What's with the name MacKenzie has Ottawa asa favoring? Glenn something?

and I will FREAK if Burke picks M S-P!! That would be HORRIBLE!
TSN has us picking C Scott Glennie.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=7027

I don't think so.

ISS Top 30 here: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11679

How about Kulikov? Or Kassian? What's the word on Simon Despres?

33Draft Centre 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft Centre 2009 Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If anyone's curious on how the draft lottery works, here's a good read. I was never really sure of the details...

http://www.nhlscap.com/draft.htm

Interesting read.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum