GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mock Drafts

+13
22_4_ever
SensHulk
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
The Silfer Server
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1.RNH
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...
HA HA! I see those glasses are back on...

Wink

Ha, I guess, but I think the teams in front will take skill over grit.

No chance Landeskog goes after Couturier, none.

While I'm not saying I disagree, it would be fun to collect all of these types of statements and look them over a week from now.

I'd certainly have a bit of a problem if we were picking where both were available. Couturier is a center and is 6'3". He matched his 96 point total this year, playing fewer games because of mono. He's 17 so he could actually grow another inch or two; Landeskog is 19, so 6'0" is the ceiling for him. Because Couturier still has to grow into his frame (which will take at least 2 years, probably closer to 5) and Landeskog is pretty much there now, it's impossible to compare the two fairly.

If I needed a player to step into the lineup and produce right away, no question, you take Landeskog. But that's not the need of this team. I'm in the minority even here, thinking that we will make the playoffs in 2011/12. We have a #1 center and a couple 3rd line centers, but we certainly don't have anyone who is a proven 2nd line center, and certainly no-one to replace Spezza in 5-6 years (or sooner, depending on his back).

Good think Lando will be gone by the time we pick Smile

I think, with a little luck, we'll compete for a playoff spot. Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't totally alone.
there's alot of ifs and buts but i wouldn't call you a fool for saying we might make the playoffs next year. i'm not sure what odds I'd give it, maybe 30 % chance we make it? It really depends on who is part of this team in September.
I'd much rather stay at 6 then overpay to move up and draft Stome. fair chance he'll be a second line C.
couturier I like, even I'd say I'd take over Lando. Again I'm not an anti-lando but after reading a bunch on him if he reaches the best case scenario that's been pegged for him i'm fine with that. If he ends up a second line winger scoring some 20 goals a year i think we could of done better.

So all you're doing is reading up on these guys? Why bother forming an opinion based on that? You have to see them play.

i'd rather bases my opinion on what analysts, journalists, scouts and sports commentators are saying then a bunch of youtube videos. seriously those videos only show a few select moments in a players year. about the worst possible way to get a grip on a player.
And as far as I know none of us have traveled around the league to see these guys or watched more then a handful of games online or TV. so I'd say it's as close as anyone is going to get to possibly knowing what's to expect.
so yeah, i'll "bother" forming an opinion.

Didn't mean YouTube videos, meant REAL games.

47Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1.RNH
2.Huberdeau
3.Larsson
4.Couturier
5.Hamilton
6.Landeskog

More to come...
HA HA! I see those glasses are back on...

Wink

Ha, I guess, but I think the teams in front will take skill over grit.

No chance Landeskog goes after Couturier, none.

I don't think "no chance" and "draft" go well together.
That's why I think Mock drafts are as useless as standings predictions in Octover. Sorry I won't add much to the topic Smile

48Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:49 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.

Do you feel the need to state this everytime this topic comes up? Laugh1

49Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:37 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

So all you're doing is reading up on these guys? Why bother forming an opinion based on that? You have to see them play.

i'd rather bases my opinion on what analysts, journalists, scouts and sports commentators are saying then a bunch of youtube videos. seriously those videos only show a few select moments in a players year. about the worst possible way to get a grip on a player.
And as far as I know none of us have traveled around the league to see these guys or watched more then a handful of games online or TV. so I'd say it's as close as anyone is going to get to possibly knowing what's to expect.

So let me get this straight. Here you're vilifying Flo for forming opinions based on articles he's read, youtube videos he's watched, and analysts and journalists he's listened to. But in the NHL Entry Draft Watch thread, you are bashing Ryan Strome's defensive game and more importantly his effort based on "what [you]'ve heard."

This is a real head scratcher.

50Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:00 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

So let me get this straight. Here you're vilifying Flo for forming opinions based on articles he's read, youtube videos he's watched, and analysts and journalists he's listened to. But in the NHL Entry Draft Watch thread, you are bashing Ryan Strome's defensive game and more importantly his effort based on "what [you]'ve heard."

Zing.

51Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:14 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I personally have seen 4 games of his, but I cannot comment in depth about his defensive play. His offense was impresive from what I saw. His defense wasn't great/noticeable in the two games I saw, but it's still too small of a sample size to judge that aspect of his games. So that added with what I have heard others say about him from other games, he is not a two-way player. That's all I was saying there.

I have seen him play, don't even question that.

Last edited by Big Ev on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

52Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:14 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:TSN is having their Mock Draft on Tuesday at 7:30pm. I will add this to my original post as soon as there is a link to something.

Bob McKenzie will share his Draft Rankings
on Monday at 7:30pm.
he's pretty accurate if I remember correctly?

Only because he doesn't rank them himself.

Do you feel the need to state this everytime this topic comes up? Laugh1

Yes I do, because some people think he's the one who ranks the prospects.

53Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We *all* know he doesn't. Well, at least those of us who follow him on twitter. He obviously doesn't have time to scout.

54Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
I personally have seen 4 games of his, but I cannot comment in depth about his defensive play. His offense was impresive from what I saw. His defense wasn't great/noticeable in the two games I saw, but it's still too small of a sample size to judge that aspect of his games. So that added with what I have heard others say about him from other games, he is not a two-way player. That's all I was saying there.

No offense, but you come across as another former poster here. I get that you have a right to express your opinion, but you go to great ends to prove every one else wrong, and cut them down. personally I think reading the thoughts of people whose job it is to cover the OHL and have seen Strome and others play more than 4 times. How many games have you seen of Zib? Seeing as your seem to believe that believing what others have written, is a no no, I wonder how many time you flew over to Sweden to watch him play seeing as you have such a high opinion of him.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

55Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:17 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

No offense, but you come across as another former poster here. I get that you have a right to express your opinion, but you go to great ends to prove every one else wrong, and cut them down. personally I think reading the thoughts of people whose job it is to cover the OHL and have seen Strome and others play more than 4 times. How many games have you seen of Zib? Seeing as your seem to believe that believing what others have written, is a no no, I wonder how many time you flew over to Sweden to watch him play seeing as you have such a high opinion of him.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

What? No I don't. That's NEELY pre-2011. I honestly don't know why you think that, because I am open to discussion and everyone's opinion. I have no egotistical posts and I never insult others like some other people on here.

You're obviously taking a small sample size by saying what you just said. I never try to put my opinion onto others.

If you don't like me, don't read my posts. Pretty simple. Just ignore me.

56Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Here's mine....

1. Ryan Nugent Hopkins
2. Adam Larsson
3. Jonathan Huberdeau
4. Gabriel Landeskog
5. Sean Couturier
6. Dougie Hamilton
7. Ryan Strome
8. Ryan Murphy
9. Mika Zibanejad
10. Jonas Brodin
11. Nathan Beaulieu
12. Mark Scheifele
13. Duncan Siemens
14. Joel Armia
15. Tyler Biggs
16. Sven Bartschi
17. Jamei Oleksiak
18. JT Miller
19. Mark McNeill
20. Joe Morrow
21. Oscar Klefbom
22. Brandon Saad
23. Rocco Grimaldi
24. Nicklas Jensen
25. Ty Rattie
26. Boone Jenner
27. Matt Puempel
28. Zack Phillips
29. Tomas Jurco
30. Connor Murphy

Hee hee!!!!!

57Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Here's mine....

1. Ryan Nugent Hopkins
2. Adam Larsson
3. Jonathan Huberdeau
4. Gabriel Landeskog
5. Sean Couturier
6. Dougie Hamilton
7. Ryan Strome
8. Ryan Murphy
9. Mika Zibanejad
10. Jonas Brodin
11. Nathan Beaulieu
12. Mark Scheifele
13. Duncan Siemens
14. Joel Armia
15. Tyler Biggs
16. Sven Bartschi
17. Jamei Oleksiak
18. JT Miller
19. Mark McNeill
20. Joe Morrow
21. Oscar Klefbom
22. Brandon Saad
23. Rocco Grimaldi
24. Nicklas Jensen
25. Ty Rattie
26. Boone Jenner
27. Matt Puempel
28. Zack Phillips
29. Tomas Jurco
30. Connor Murphy

Hee hee!!!!!
good job! looks alot like... wait a minute! Dammit!

58Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh heh.

59Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Guess it's time we start getting mentally prepared to welcome Ryan Strome to the fold.

60Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:Guess it's time we start getting mentally prepared to welcome Ryan Strome to the fold.
Pending a move up by Murray... dare to dream...

61Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Guess it's time we start getting mentally prepared to welcome Ryan Strome to the fold.

I've been for weeks now. Kid's got serious talent...and he's the youngest player in the draft. Tons of room to grow.

62Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I did that a while ago. Got a ton of talent, hope it all works.

63Mock Drafts - Page 4 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:

I've been for weeks now. Kid's got serious talent...and he's the youngest player in the draft. Tons of room to grow.

But he's an Donkey-hat.

There's no way they're not getting Landeskog. Book it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum