GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mock Drafts

+13
22_4_ever
SensHulk
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
The Silfer Server
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It really just seems like Zibanejad would go ahead of Couturier because of late hype. Seeing both, there's nothing that shows me that Couturier isn't the better prospect. I would have loved to see Zibanejad in the CHL to get a fair comparison.

Gotta trust the scouts at this point.

You're right, but the scouts still rank Couturier high on average, according to Mackenzie's list. I just really don't enjoy the idea of the Sens passing on Couturier if they were choosing between him and Zibanejad. I would have no problem passing on Couturier for Strome though.

107Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:24 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It really just seems like Zibanejad would go ahead of Couturier because of late hype. Seeing both, there's nothing that shows me that Couturier isn't the better prospect. I would have loved to see Zibanejad in the CHL to get a fair comparison.

Gotta trust the scouts at this point.

You're right, but the scouts still rank Couturier high on average, according to Mackenzie's list. I just really don't enjoy the idea of the Sens passing on Couturier if they were choosing between him and Zibanejad. I would have no problem passing on Couturier for Strome though.

If that happens there is a reason for it.

108Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well I hope it doesn't get to that.

109Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I added TSN's mock draft to my original post on page 1, just so that they will all be together.

Here it is though:
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=45548

Interesting. It's been a while since I've seen Larsson going 1st overall; don't think that will happen. Zibanejad falls all the way to 11 yet the Sens take Couturier at #6. A week ago I would have agreed, but Zibanejad looks more NHL-ready. And they've got Rattie going to the Sens at #21.

Not sure if you are aware but the Sens have said numerous times NHL readyness is not a factor.

But earlier on Murray said that their top-six pick will be a player that will be playing in the NHL next season. I was hoping that that would also mean that he would be NHL-ready. Don't want to be like those other clubs.

110Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nope, if The Sens can come out of there with Landeskog I don't think there wil lbe one Sens fan that is all that upset. Everything depends on Colorado.

111Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Landeskog replace Mike Fisher and then some. Naughty

112Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll find out on Friday. Really curious what they do with their 21st, if Gramaldi is there I think that might be the guy, doubt he will be though.

113Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really hoping we can get Shane Prince somehow...don't know if they are high on him though. They obviously would have had a lot of time to evaluate him.

114Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Really hoping we can get Shane Prince somehow...don't know if they are high on him though. They obviously would have had a lot of time to evaluate him.

Price is a Murray type pick. A guy that continues to improve and a guy that still has a ton of room to grow. Don't be shocked if Ottawa takes him with their first 2nd round pick.

115Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It would be very nice to have an Ottawa prospect in Ottawa, that's for sure.

I think he's very underrated. Small but has high work ethic, great playmaker, made Toffoli a 60 goal scorer. Has his head on straight, very confident. Good skater...etc.

I think he would be talked about more if the 67's went deep in the playoffs. Look at Zack Phillips...is there really a huge difference between the two other than size.

116Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:49 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:It would be very nice to have an Ottawa prospect in Ottawa, that's for sure.

I think he's very underrated. Small but has high work ethic, great playmaker, made Toffoli a 60 goal scorer. Has his head on straight, very confident. Good skater...etc.

I think he would be talked about more if the 67's went deep in the playoffs. Look at Zack Phillips...is there really a huge difference between the two other than size.

That's BS, the guy is not small. He's 5'11 and 185lbs, since when is that small? The guy may very well play at 195-200lbs when he's all filled in. Prince would be a very nice 2nd round pick, wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 1st. A lot like Corey Perry draft pick in terms of how it may set up IMO.

117Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha, I still can't wrap my head around a guy that will probably play at 6'0 and close to 200lbs as small, lol.

118Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Really hoping we can get Shane Prince somehow...don't know if they are high on him though. They obviously would have had a lot of time to evaluate him.

Prince is a Murray type pick. A guy that continues to improve and a guy that still has a ton of room to grow. Don't be shocked if Ottawa takes him with their first 2nd round pick.

Agreed (and fyp).

119Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:We'll find out on Friday. Really curious what they do with their 21st, if Gramaldi is there I think that might be the guy, doubt he will be though.

Whoever it is, I hope he can snipe as good as anyone in this draft.

120Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:54 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I'm actually intrigued by a couple of the defencemen in this draft now that I'm researching the 2nd round guys more. I used to be of the opinion that we should go BFA (best forward available) but there will certainly be some defencemen at #21 or #35 that may force the organizations hand.

121Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Haha, I still can't wrap my head around a guy that will probably play at 6'0 and close to 200lbs as small, lol.

He's actually 5'10", and he will not be 6'0" ever, unless a miracle happens.

He's small in height only, compared to other centres being drafted. That's one of the reasons why he isn't a projected 1st rounder right now.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

122Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It would be very nice to have an Ottawa prospect in Ottawa, that's for sure.

That's BS, the guy is not small. He's 5'11 and 185lbs, since when is that small? The guy may very well play at 195-200lbs when he's all filled in. Prince would be a very nice 2nd round pick, wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 1st. A lot like Corey Perry draft pick in terms of how it may set up IMO.

5'10" 181 is his official height and weight from the combine. Not small like Grimaldi but smaller than most. Looks smaller than that, even.

123Mock Drafts - Page 8 Empty Re: Mock Drafts Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Prince is a Murray type pick. A guy that continues to improve and a guy that still has a ton of room to grow. Don't be shocked if Ottawa takes him with their first 2nd round pick.

Agreed (and fyp).

Yes more 67's. They missed on Ryan Martindale.. big body.. good player.

I don't think they had a chance getting Couture he went higher... what a find he has been.

Next year... Cody Ceci?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum