GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston

+19
NEELY
tim1_2
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
spader
LeCaptain
SDH89
PTFlea
strachattack
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 23]

46Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:30 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

again with pierre mcguire??? this is as old and stupid as 'spezza to the oilers'

47Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:31 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
marakh wrote:Mhh yeah, he said on radio a GM (probably Ray Shero) asked him what he thought of Kovalev a few days before the Trade deadline. So you're saying he's lying?

PM is respected around the league. It's pretty much well known.

Yes, in the same way that Barry Melrose & Oren Koules were "respected" across the league during their last tenures.

Not a good comparison at all. You preach that people should back up their statements, but you just made one without any support whatsoever. All you're doing to defend it is comparing him to others who he shouldn't even be compared to.

Why were Melrose and Koules not respected? Because they were seen more as actors / commentators than real hockey people. That's how PM is perceived, because that's what he is.

48Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
marakh wrote:Mhh yeah, he said on radio a GM (probably Ray Shero) asked him what he thought of Kovalev a few days before the Trade deadline. So you're saying he's lying?

Yes, in the same way that Barry Melrose & Oren Koules were "respected" across the league during their last tenures.

Not a good comparison at all. You preach that people should back up their statements, but you just made one without any support whatsoever. All you're doing to defend it is comparing him to others who he shouldn't even be compared to.

Why were Melrose and Koules not respected? Because they were seen more as actors / commentators than real hockey people. That's how PM is perceived, because that's what he is.

That's how he's perceived by FANS. There's no way of knowing that he is perceived like that by the actual people around the league.

49Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This thread is specifically about a rumour of McGuire becoming the GM so it's on topic. All I ask is that we stop with name calling. Even though McGuire isn't a member last I checked I'd expect that he not be called names just like anyone else people like to discuss on here.

50Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This thread is specifically about a rumour of McGuire becoming the GM so it's on topic. All I ask is that we stop with name calling. Even though McGuire isn't a member last I checked I'd expect that he not be called names just like anyone else people like to discuss on here.

So you can't call Heatley a douchebag now?

51Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:42 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:This thread is specifically about a rumour of McGuire becoming the GM so it's on topic. All I ask is that we stop with name calling. Even though McGuire isn't a member last I checked I'd expect that he not be called names just like anyone else people like to discuss on here.

So you can't call Heatley a douchebag now?

Or Brian Burke "Brian Jurke"? or blowhard? or dip-Dung?

52Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
How many times do I have to say it? Pierre McGuire is a Cussing joke, and is widely perceived as such by his audience and by people around the league.

RP, if an undergrad wrote a similar statement in a paper, wouldn't you insist that he or she avoid sweeping, undocumented claims like this? Just saying.

53Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:45 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

That's how he's perceived by FANS. There's no way of knowing that he is perceived like that by the actual people around the league.

Well, yeah, I'm extrapolating from that. But that's all any of us has to go on.

How about: "Many fans think PM is a D-bag; I know I certainly do. Therefore, I'm guessing that many people in the league also think he's a D-bag, although neither I nor anyone else here can offer up proof positive, one way or the other."

54Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:47 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
How many times do I have to say it? Pierre McGuire is a Cussing joke, and is widely perceived as such by his audience and by people around the league.

RP, if an undergrad wrote a similar statement in a paper, wouldn't you insist that he or she avoid sweeping, undocumented claims like this? Just saying.

Qualified below.

Sometimes, I engage in hyperbole to make my point. I see absolutely nothing to be gained out of making PM our GM, and everything to be lost.

55Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:49 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think you'd get quite the same reaction if you'd said
I see absolutely nothing to be gained out of making PM our GM, and everything to be lost.
instead of your OP.

56Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:I don't think you'd get quite the same reaction if you'd said
I see absolutely nothing to be gained out of making PM our GM, and everything to be lost.
instead of your OP.

This topic aggravates me to no end. I'm mystified how anyone could think this would in any way be a good idea or a good thing for the Sens organization. In the face of our on-ice collapse, BM has clearly been working around the clock to make us a respectable organization around the league -- witness the Anderson deal and the Da Costa signing. Why would anyone want to trade that in for someone with so little experience and who is often perceived, by fans if not the league (a point we can't speculate, apparently), as an absolute joke?

57Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:01 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
instead of your OP.

This topic aggravates me to no end. I'm mystified how anyone could think this would in any way be a good idea or a good thing for the Sens organization. In the face of our on-ice collapse, BM has clearly been working around the clock to make us a respectable organization around the league -- witness the Anderson deal and the Da Costa signing. Why would anyone want to trade that in for someone with so little experience and who is often perceived, by fans if not the league (a point we can't speculate, apparently), as an absolute joke?
I'm not arguing your point. I'm just saying that I don't think you get the same reaction if you state your position differently.

Just for fun...

58Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
instead of your OP.

I'm not arguing your point. I'm just saying that I don't think you get the same reaction if you state your position differently.

Just for fun...

Can't please everybody. It used to be, 'you write too much,' which meant, of course, I was including carefully considered argumentation with the opinion. Now it's 'you're too blunt,' which means, of course, that I push the opinion to the forefront, and bring the argumentation in later, if demanded.

Like I said, can't please everybody.

59Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:34 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:People just love to hate everyone they see/hear constantly. If Pierre McGuire wasn't on the Team every morning and wasn't on TSN for the premier games, then nobody would say a thing. His personality will lead to people disliking him because of this, as opposed to McKenzie who is always calm and doesn't say things that might (god forbid) cause discussion.

Side note. George Bush was a competent president, but people liked to hate him because of his personality and his perceived lack of intelligence. I read his memoirs and he is a rather cool character.

If he wasn't respected then he wouldn't be brought on the radio every Cussing morning and wouldn't have the premiere analyst gig at TSN, NBC, and now Versus. Barry Melrose is is a bit of a tool but at least he's just on the panel.
you must be joking... do you think Bush read his own memoirs? you really think he had much to do with that book? have you heard of ghostwritters? Bush was a puppet for many other individuals and companies. the fact that they managed to get him re-elected is the real feat here. seriously Facepalm

60Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:37 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if we replace BM by PM i want the team sold to a new owner. Melnyk would have to be clinicaly insane to pul a move like that. especially with BM's track record as a rebuilding GM. pure lunacy.

61Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:05 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

How do people know if Pierre is or isn't respected around the league ?

Anyone listed to Pierre on the radio and what he'd do if he was GM ? He'd run this team into the ground.

Why would we replace someone of BM's experience with him ? The fans are so bent on running Murray out of town because of what'd happened the last few years they'd be willing to accept someone like PM. Da Costa wouldn't have given us the time of day if PM was the GM.

If you're going to replace BM might as well get someone with assistant GM or relatvant experience. Not sure who just talks hockey all the time. Might as well appoint Brennan or Garrioch ....

62Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:10 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:People just love to hate everyone they see/hear constantly. If Pierre McGuire wasn't on the Team every morning and wasn't on TSN for the premier games, then nobody would say a thing. His personality will lead to people disliking him because of this, as opposed to McKenzie who is always calm and doesn't say things that might (god forbid) cause discussion.

Side note. George Bush was a competent president, but people liked to hate him because of his personality and his perceived lack of intelligence. I read his memoirs and he is a rather cool character.

If he wasn't respected then he wouldn't be brought on the radio every Cussing morning and wouldn't have the premiere analyst gig at TSN, NBC, and now Versus. Barry Melrose is is a bit of a tool but at least he's just on the panel.
you must be joking... do you think Bush read his own memoirs? you really think he had much to do with that book? have you heard of ghostwritters? Bush was a puppet for many other individuals and companies. the fact that they managed to get him re-elected is the real feat here. seriously Facepalm

I think you mean "wrote", and yes I do believe HE wrote it. He talks about how dumb he is as well.

Not even gonna get into politics as it's such a stupid area of debate. So many untruthful comments just get spewed around.

63Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 4 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:13 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Let's use this little politics analogy though. If BM (Bush) ruined this team in the 4 years he's been here, why should he be re-signed (re-elected)? Think about it. Why should he be allowed to rebuild what he Cussed up?

I'm not saying there are any better options that come to mind, and I am happy if he is, but you could say he doesn't deserve to fix the mess HE made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum