GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston

+19
NEELY
tim1_2
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
spader
LeCaptain
SDH89
PTFlea
strachattack
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 23]

31Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:03 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:"Be careful about those guys who sign just one year deals because they will be UFA the year after and run away".

THen again, he was totally wrong since he will be RFA, not UFA.

I think he said Da Costa will want to play a game this year to burn a deal so he can become UFA in the future more quickly. Still is pretty odd statement.

Every team after Da Costa promised him playing time this season.. it was not just Ottawa.

McGuire also said a 'GM Friend" of his said Da Costa is a UFA after next season. Really a 22 yr old player being a UFA basically after just one year. I guess in his mind Butler is a UFA as well... when he is not... Both will be RFA's.

Maybe that GM Friend of his is Brian Burke. He seems to be 'sucking Donkey' for the Leafs lately... maybe he is looking for a job in Leafland.

32Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:07 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Sorry, I don't believe it. If Murray has been working with PM over the past month, why has PM pretty much trashed the Anderson extension on numerous occasions on the radio over the last little while. Earlier in the year, when Murray's job was in serious jeopardy, PM was saying all the right things about Ottawa and was extremely positive, obviously jockying for the GM position in Ottawa. Recently, since Murray's job looks a little more secure, PM has done a complete turn and he seems like his usual negative nancy regarding the Sens.

Yeah he has trashed the Anderson signing -- saying the Sens rushed it. More or less saying he is no good or not enough experience.
Yet, yesterday he is singing the praises of Reimer and says he is for real.. even though he has played less than 30 NHL games.
He is a good goalie the last while.. but to say he is the real thing so early in his career is crazy.

What he meant was the Sens rushed into signing him and overpaid in term, but that's a hugely debatable point considering there was only 2 other real options and both might be re-signed.

As for his points on Da Costa - they're inane. What's he smoking these days?

33Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:12 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I heard it today. Note that I don't know who the actual source is; I'm being told second hand. Oh and I wouldn't re-mortgage the house based on the information ... Smile

EDIT : I trust the guy who told me what he heard but beyond that I can't say ...

Ah, maybe you source had the conversation with his source on April 1, then.

LOL. I really hope that's it!

34Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:14 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Sorry, I don't believe it. If Murray has been working with PM over the past month, why has PM pretty much trashed the Anderson extension on numerous occasions on the radio over the last little while. Earlier in the year, when Murray's job was in serious jeopardy, PM was saying all the right things about Ottawa and was extremely positive, obviously jockying for the GM position in Ottawa. Recently, since Murray's job looks a little more secure, PM has done a complete turn and he seems like his usual negative nancy regarding the Sens.

Yeah he has trashed the Anderson signing -- saying the Sens rushed it. More or less saying he is no good or not enough experience.
Yet, yesterday he is singing the praises of Reimer and says he is for real.. even though he has played less than 30 NHL games.
He is a good goalie the last while.. but to say he is the real thing so early in his career is crazy.

What he meant was the Sens rushed into signing him and overpaid in term, but that's a hugely debatable point considering there was only 2 other real options and both might be re-signed.

He sounds bitter. Could it be that he was actively pursuing the job, but Melnyk told him he was going in a less turtle-y direction? Maybe this is "I didn't get the job so I'll bash you on tv."

35Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:17 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

How many times do I have to say it? Pierre McGuire is a Cussing joke, and is widely perceived as such by his audience and by people around the league.

36Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

How many times do I have to say it? Pierre McGuire is a Cussing joke, and is widely perceived as such by his audience and by people around the league.

Right because you would know this *rolls eyes*.

Pierre McGuire is a joke because that's his TV image. Usually on radio he isn't.

37Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Wrong. If that were true he would not be employed.

38Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:06 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Right because you would know this *rolls eyes*.

Pierre McGuire is a joke because that's his TV image. Usually on radio he isn't.

Seriously, I know it because I have a Cussing brain, just like I know nobody had respect for Barry Melrose or for Oren Koules (of "Saw" fame). This isn't rocket science. On-air douchebag = off-air douchebag. No need to make this more complicated than it is.

Pierre McGuire is about as respectable as Melrose or Koules.

39Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:09 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Wrong. If that were true he would not be employed.

Please. Douchebags can find a way. George Bush was president for 8 years -- elected, and re-elected. Employment =/= guarantor of being knowledgeable, competent, or respectable.

I can't imagine why anyone takes the time to defend this complete waste of space.

40Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Calling a guy you've never met an "off-air douchebag"? That's rich. Did Pierre marry the girl who stood you up at the prom or something?

41Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Mhh yeah, he said on radio a GM (probably Ray Shero) asked him what he thought of Kovalev a few days before the Trade deadline. So you're saying he's lying?

PM is respected around the league. It's pretty much well known.

42Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:23 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Mhh yeah, he said on radio a GM (probably Ray Shero) asked him what he thought of Kovalev a few days before the Trade deadline. So you're saying he's lying?

Yes, in the same way that Barry Melrose & Oren Koules were "respected" across the league during their last tenures.

PS: I can think of another guy who always claims to have important conversations with important hockey people. He goes by the name of Dwayne Kessel.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

43Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

People just love to hate everyone they see/hear constantly. If Pierre McGuire wasn't on the Team every morning and wasn't on TSN for the premier games, then nobody would say a thing. His personality will lead to people disliking him because of this, as opposed to McKenzie who is always calm and doesn't say things that might (god forbid) cause discussion.

Side note. George Bush was a competent president, but people liked to hate him because of his personality and his perceived lack of intelligence. I read his memoirs and he is a rather cool character.

If he wasn't respected then he wouldn't be brought on the radio every Cussing morning and wouldn't have the premiere analyst gig at TSN, NBC, and now Versus. Barry Melrose is is a bit of a tool but at least he's just on the panel.

44Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
marakh wrote:Mhh yeah, he said on radio a GM (probably Ray Shero) asked him what he thought of Kovalev a few days before the Trade deadline. So you're saying he's lying?

Yes, in the same way that Barry Melrose & Oren Koules were "respected" across the league during their last tenures.

Not a good comparison at all. You preach that people should back up their statements, but you just made one without any support whatsoever. All you're doing to defend it is comparing him to others who he shouldn't even be compared to.

45Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:28 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:People just love to hate everyone they see/hear constantly. If Pierre McGuire wasn't on the Team every morning and wasn't on TSN for the premier games, then nobody would say a thing. His personality will lead to people disliking him because of this, as opposed to McKenzie who is always calm and doesn't say things that might (god forbid) cause discussion.

Side note. George Bush was a competent president, but people liked to hate him because of his personality and his perceived lack of intelligence. I read his memoirs and he is a rather cool character.

If he wasn't respected then he wouldn't be brought on the radio every Cussing morning and wouldn't have the premiere analyst gig at TSN, NBC, and now Versus. Barry Melrose is is a bit of a tool but at least he's just on the panel.

Laugh1

I'd say we don't have anything more to say to each other on this subject.

46Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:30 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

again with pierre mcguire??? this is as old and stupid as 'spezza to the oilers'

47Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:31 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Not a good comparison at all. You preach that people should back up their statements, but you just made one without any support whatsoever. All you're doing to defend it is comparing him to others who he shouldn't even be compared to.

Why were Melrose and Koules not respected? Because they were seen more as actors / commentators than real hockey people. That's how PM is perceived, because that's what he is.

48Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 3 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Why were Melrose and Koules not respected? Because they were seen more as actors / commentators than real hockey people. That's how PM is perceived, because that's what he is.

That's how he's perceived by FANS. There's no way of knowing that he is perceived like that by the actual people around the league.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum