GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston

+19
NEELY
tim1_2
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
spader
LeCaptain
SDH89
PTFlea
strachattack
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 23]

16Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:10 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Sorry, I don't believe it. If Murray has been working with PM over the past month, why has PM pretty much trashed the Anderson extension on numerous occasions on the radio over the last little while. Earlier in the year, when Murray's job was in serious jeopardy, PM was saying all the right things about Ottawa and was extremely positive, obviously jockying for the GM position in Ottawa. Recently, since Murray's job looks a little more secure, PM has done a complete turn and he seems like his usual negative nancy regarding the Sens.

17Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:18 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Please be wrong Av, please. I want Murray back badly at this point.

Could very well be (wrong I mean).

18Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Myeah, with the way he talked about the DaCosta signing just yesterday morning, I have a hard time believing PM has been working with BM for a month.

19Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:00 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Myeah, with the way he talked about the DaCosta signing just yesterday morning, I have a hard time believing PM has been working with BM for a month.
What'd he say?

20Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
marakh wrote:Myeah, with the way he talked about the DaCosta signing just yesterday morning, I have a hard time believing PM has been working with BM for a month.
What'd he say?

Yeah, what did he say?

21Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:08 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

"Be careful about those guys who sign just one year deals because they will be UFA the year after and run away".

THen again, he was totally wrong since he will be RFA, not UFA.

22Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:"Be careful about those guys who sign just one year deals because they will be UFA the year after and run away".

I think he said Da Costa will want to play a game this year to burn a deal so he can become UFA in the future more quickly. Still is pretty odd statement.

23Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yes he was wrong, cause as we know its a 2-yr deal which is more like a 1 yr deal + rest of season. Silly error on his part. Unless he's purposely distancing himself from the Sens to not raise suspicion Sarcasm

I liked one of the comments on TSN's site about how Da Costa will "pull a Heatley and sign with the Sharks by training camp". Obviously there are quite a few things wrong with that, mainly Healtey never signed with the Sharks and he requested his trade in the summer, and Da Costa is also under contract still.

24Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:"Be careful about those guys who sign just one year deals because they will be UFA the year after and run away".

I think he said Da Costa will want to play a game this year to burn a deal so he can become UFA in the future more quickly. Still is pretty odd statement.

Yeah, cause he was a UFA technically. He could have signed anywhere and he chose Ottawa. You can say the same thing about Butler too. It's obviously a chance you take, and even draft picks don't work out. Tavares could walk after next season too, so should McGuire say that was a bad draft choice for the Isles?

25Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

No way are they going to hire McGuire whose first act as GM would be to trade everything we got for Ryan Ellis Facepalm

26Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Yeah, cause he was a UFA technically. He could have signed anywhere and he chose Ottawa. You can say the same thing about Butler too. It's obviously a chance you take, and even draft picks don't work out. Tavares could walk after next season too, so should McGuire say that was a bad draft choice for the Isles?

Tavares can't walk either, he's an RFA after his contract ends.

27Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If McGuire does become GM, then he drafts Couturier

28Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Tavares can't walk but he can hold out. He can not accept QO, and the team would likely file for arbitration. Things can get ugly for sure with RFAs,

29Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:58 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:Sorry, I don't believe it. If Murray has been working with PM over the past month, why has PM pretty much trashed the Anderson extension on numerous occasions on the radio over the last little while. Earlier in the year, when Murray's job was in serious jeopardy, PM was saying all the right things about Ottawa and was extremely positive, obviously jockying for the GM position in Ottawa. Recently, since Murray's job looks a little more secure, PM has done a complete turn and he seems like his usual negative nancy regarding the Sens.

Yeah he has trashed the Anderson signing -- saying the Sens rushed it. More or less saying he is no good or not enough experience.
Yet, yesterday he is singing the praises of Reimer and says he is for real.. even though he has played less than 30 NHL games.
He is a good goalie the last while.. but to say he is the real thing so early in his career is crazy.

30Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:01 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:

Every team after Da Costa promised him playing time this season.. it was not just Ottawa.

McGuire also said a 'GM Friend" of his said Da Costa is a UFA after next season. Really a 22 yr old player being a UFA basically after just one year. I guess in his mind Butler is a UFA as well... when he is not... Both will be RFA's.

31Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:03 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Every team after Da Costa promised him playing time this season.. it was not just Ottawa.

McGuire also said a 'GM Friend" of his said Da Costa is a UFA after next season. Really a 22 yr old player being a UFA basically after just one year. I guess in his mind Butler is a UFA as well... when he is not... Both will be RFA's.

Maybe that GM Friend of his is Brian Burke. He seems to be 'sucking Donkey' for the Leafs lately... maybe he is looking for a job in Leafland.

32Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Sorry, I don't believe it. If Murray has been working with PM over the past month, why has PM pretty much trashed the Anderson extension on numerous occasions on the radio over the last little while. Earlier in the year, when Murray's job was in serious jeopardy, PM was saying all the right things about Ottawa and was extremely positive, obviously jockying for the GM position in Ottawa. Recently, since Murray's job looks a little more secure, PM has done a complete turn and he seems like his usual negative nancy regarding the Sens.

Yeah he has trashed the Anderson signing -- saying the Sens rushed it. More or less saying he is no good or not enough experience.
Yet, yesterday he is singing the praises of Reimer and says he is for real.. even though he has played less than 30 NHL games.
He is a good goalie the last while.. but to say he is the real thing so early in his career is crazy.

What he meant was the Sens rushed into signing him and overpaid in term, but that's a hugely debatable point considering there was only 2 other real options and both might be re-signed.

As for his points on Da Costa - they're inane. What's he smoking these days?

33Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 2 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:12 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I heard it today. Note that I don't know who the actual source is; I'm being told second hand. Oh and I wouldn't re-mortgage the house based on the information ... Smile

EDIT : I trust the guy who told me what he heard but beyond that I can't say ...

Ah, maybe you source had the conversation with his source on April 1, then.

LOL. I really hope that's it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum