GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston

+19
NEELY
tim1_2
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
spader
LeCaptain
SDH89
PTFlea
strachattack
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 23]

166Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:56 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I think this is the interview with Melnyk on FAN 590.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/PTS-2011-04-05-5-pm.mp3

167Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:01 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think he "backtracked" so much as told McClown to not put words in his mouth.

Who hasn't said good things about BM since the fire sale began? He's done a good job.

The whole "bad people" comment was a little weird, but you can't argue with the results.

168Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I love that Melnyk loves The Sens and loves hockey, but he has to learn when to shut his mouth or at least watch it. Calling players (true or not) "bad people" isn't exactly the best way to go about things. MAybe there were some "bad people" but you don't say it. Maybe saying "deadwood" or something along those lines.

If anythign will ever hurt The Sens signing UFA's, it's crap like that, not buyouts.

169Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:16 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe Melnyk thought Marshy was a bad person?

170Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:19 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Citizen summarizes the interview:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Melnyk+keeping+suspense/4572617/story.html

171Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Citizen summarizes the interview:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Melnyk+keeping+suspense/4572617/story.html

Looks like The $hitizen and I are on the same page:

We do know he has made up his mind about the future direction of the hockey club -we know because, as usual, he did his talking on Toronto radio station The Fan 590.

Laughing3

172Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:25 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
I'm really starting to think strongly that Melnyk should sign checks, throw concerts and keep his mouth shut the rest of the time.

I'm willing to bet Melnyk "approved" to what the future plans will be. I'm sure he's been interviewing GM candidates as well. Lots of NHL owners are involved with their NHL team, especially with millions of their own dollars in play.

My guess is Tim Murray and Cameron.

173Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
I'm really starting to think strongly that Melnyk should sign checks, throw concerts and keep his mouth shut the rest of the time.

I'm willing to bet Melnyk "approved" to what the future plans will be. I'm sure he's been interviewing GM candidates as well. Lots of NHL owners are involved with their NHL team, especially with millions of their own dollars in play.

I agree. This is my guess too. He will reward both and promote each of them for their "loyalty". I'm a big supporter of BM but if he's got to go (retirement or to another role) this seems like the best move. Tim will continue with the plan he helped lay out with BM. More than anything I like that the plan won't be disrupted and potentially turned upside down with a new GM's philosophy on building a team.

I'm not sure about Cameron but i'll keep an open mind and hope for the best.

174Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:50 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

strachattack wrote:
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

I agree. This is my guess too. He will reward both and promote each of them for their "loyalty". I'm a big supporter of BM but if he's got to go (retirement or to another role) this seems like the best move. Tim will continue with the plan he helped lay out with BM. More than anything I like that the plan won't be disrupted and potentially turned upside down with a new GM's philosophy on building a team.

I'm not sure about Cameron but i'll keep an open mind and hope for the best.

But here's the thing, Melnyk shouldn't be the one hiring the coach. He should pick who the GM, whether that's Bryan or Tim Murray, whoever, and LET THEM pick who they want their coach to be. if that's Cameron then fine, but they shouldn't have to settle for Cameron just because he was loyal to the owner.

175Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:51 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PS What if Terry Murray gets fired? Maybe they go with him and we have a full Murray clan on our hands Facepalm

176Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Maybe Melnyk thought Marshy was a bad person?

Yup, they got rid of THE bad guy, Brad Marsh. Our success lately is due to that.

177Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

Pierre McGuire and Kirk Muller, FTW!

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Turtlehead

178Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'll subscribe to that as well.

179Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:08 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pierre mentioned some names off the top of his head (not any rumours, just coaches he likes). Bob Boughner, Mike Eaves, and...somebody else, can't remember now.

180Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Turtlehead

Everytime I think of PM I think of Dana Carvey in Master of Disguise Laughing3 '

McGuire should stick to his shtick on TV and name-dropping on Team 1200. I hope the PM rumours were started by the Sens as a joke to see how many people would believe it.

181Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:25 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I seriously think PM would be a good GM, but I'm not restarting that debate (please).

182Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Pierre mentioned some names off the top of his head (not any rumours, just coaches he likes). Bob Boughner, Mike Eaves, and...somebody else, can't remember now.

Exactly. Very underwhelming list. The other guy was Kevin Dineen, if memory serves.

183Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 12 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Pierre mentioned some names off the top of his head (not any rumours, just coaches he likes). Bob Boughner, Mike Eaves, and...somebody else, can't remember now.

Exactly. Very underwhelming list. The other guy was Kevin Dineen, if memory serves.

What did you want him to name like 20 people?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum