GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston

+19
NEELY
tim1_2
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
spader
LeCaptain
SDH89
PTFlea
strachattack
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 23]

1Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:09 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Hello.

I am being told that this is the last week-end with Murray as the GM and Clouston as the coach.

Apparently someone close to the organization told my friend that :

- Pierre McGuire is the new GM and he has been working with Murray for about a month.
- Clouston is not in the plans going forward. Few names are being mentioned. I Heard Dave Cameron is a strong possibility.

We'll see if my "source" is right Wink

2Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:16 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:Hello.

I am being told that this is the last week-end with Murray as the GM and Clouston as the coach.

- Pierre McGuire is the new GM and he has been working with Murray for about a month.
- Clouston is not in the plans going forward. Few names are being mentioned. I Heard Dave Cameron is a strong possibility.

Don't like that at all. I was okay with McGuire as GM until lately.. trashing just about everything the Sens have done since the lockout. Going to quickly on Anderson. Not proven. Yet on TGOR yesterday morning he said James Reimer is the 'real deal' even though he has played less than 30 NHL games.
I want Murray as GM at least for next season.
No way I want another unproven NHL coach in Cameron to lead this team. It would be okay as an assistant coach.. but I want a current NHL asst coach that is ready for a head coaching job. I also would be okay with them giving Clouston - 1 more year. He has done a really good job with this team since the trade deadline... considering nearly half of the team is AHL rookies. These young guys play for him...maybe the problem players were the ones they traded.

3Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:22 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dumping BM would be 100% the wrong move right now. BM has finally got us a real goalie, signed to a good deal. He landed us Da Costa. The draft is just around the corner, too, and all BM has done in the last three years is re-stock the empty cupboards through smart drafting.

Moving Pierre female parental unit diddling McGuire into the GM position would undo all the good that has been done in the last 2 months, not only because he's a joke, but also because BM has been the one building up all this trust and good will, and refurnishing the cupboards. Clouston, meh, I could go either way. But BM, and for PM no less, is 100% the wrong move to make, if it happens.

Let's all hope and pray your source is dead wrong.

4Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If I wanted this team to take a step backward I would be fully on board with this.

Dave Cameron replacing Clouston is downright stupid. I'm not usually this harsh, but there you go.

5Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:27 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It is the last weekend with Clouston for sure (or next weekend). Murray on the other hand, who knows. I will support whoever is the GM.

6Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did your "source" have this conversation with you today or yesterday?

7Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:42 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I heard it today. Note that I don't know who the actual source is; I'm being told second hand. Oh and I wouldn't re-mortgage the house based on the information ... Smile

EDIT : I trust the guy who told me what he heard but beyond that I can't say ...

8Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I really hope this is a late April Fool's joke otherwise this may turn into a Cussing nightmare! Ahhhhh!

9Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:I heard it today. Note that I don't know who the actual source is; I'm being told second hand. Oh and I wouldn't re-mortgage the house based on the information ... Smile

EDIT : I trust the guy who told me what he heard but beyond that I can't say ...

Ah, maybe you source had the conversation with his source on April 1, then.

10Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:49 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe. I guess we'll see.

11Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Please be wrong Av, please. I want Murray back badly at this point.

12Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I won't be losing sleep if Murray doesn't return as GM, though. Nor will a lot of Ottawa fans Laugh1

13Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:10 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Sorry, I don't believe it. If Murray has been working with PM over the past month, why has PM pretty much trashed the Anderson extension on numerous occasions on the radio over the last little while. Earlier in the year, when Murray's job was in serious jeopardy, PM was saying all the right things about Ottawa and was extremely positive, obviously jockying for the GM position in Ottawa. Recently, since Murray's job looks a little more secure, PM has done a complete turn and he seems like his usual negative nancy regarding the Sens.

14Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:18 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Please be wrong Av, please. I want Murray back badly at this point.

Could very well be (wrong I mean).

15Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Myeah, with the way he talked about the DaCosta signing just yesterday morning, I have a hard time believing PM has been working with BM for a month.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 23]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum