GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Alfie be back this weekend?

+5
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
smash88
SensGirl11
Hayden
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Will Alfie be back this weekend? Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

TSN is saying that he might be ready to play this weekend - he's healing very quickly.

2Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:19 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't know if I'm comfortable with that personally, but if it really wasn't a serious surgery he's probably ready to go.

I don't want him to rush it, nor does anyone else I'm sure, so, as long as he's sure he's ready, and completely strong.

Saturday's game would probably be a good target.

3Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:16 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know if I'm comfortable with that personally, but if it really wasn't a serious surgery he's probably ready to go.

I don't want him to rush it, nor does anyone else I'm sure, so, as long as he's sure he's ready, and completely strong.

Well hopefully it is soon enough, because we are a totally different team without him in the lineup....

4Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:41 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Take your time Alfie; it's a long season!

5Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:54 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know if I'm comfortable with that personally, but if it really wasn't a serious surgery he's probably ready to go.

Well hopefully it is soon enough, because we are a totally different team without him in the lineup....

It's funny, it is actually for that reason i kind of want him to sit out this weekend. I really want this team to prove that they can win without Alfie in the lineup. It won't really be much of a test, not to jinx us or anything, but it is only phoenix and boston. Our guys need to dig deep, other leaders need to step up, secondary scoring needs to step up, and on paper without, there is no reason we shouldn't win both games.

6Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SNet is reporting that Alfie is eyeing an early return and not ruling himself out of the line-up for Friday:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/10/16/senators_alfredsson/

Please, take the time you need to heal.

7Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:59 pm

shabbs wrote:SNet is reporting that Alfie is eyeing an early return and not ruling himself out of the line-up for Friday:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/10/16/senators_alfredsson/

Please, take the time you need to heal.
stubborn alfie... just take a seat untill you're 100%

8Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

dirtydirtynorth wrote:
smash88 wrote:

It's funny, it is actually for that reason i kind of want him to sit out this weekend. I really want this team to prove that they can win without Alfie in the lineup. It won't really be much of a test, not to jinx us or anything, but it is only phoenix and boston. Our guys need to dig deep, other leaders need to step up, secondary scoring needs to step up, and on paper without, there is no reason we shouldn't win both games.

Exactly.
And I'd be calling out numbers 19, 15, and 12 to start with.

9Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:48 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:Exactly.
And I'd be calling out numbers 19, 15, and 12 to start with.

Amen. We have to get that dip[Dung] to play wing with the big boys. Anyone else think Vermette might be good trade bait at some point this season? Winchester and Foligno I'd say are gonna break out sooner rather than later. Fisher is still in the picture.

Foligno-Spezza-Heatley
Winchester-Fisher-Alfredsson
Neil-Kelly-Ruutu
Donovan-McAmmond-Schubert

Trade one of or a combination of Vermette, Zubov, Hennessey, San Jose's 2009 1st round pick for [insert name(s)]

10Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"Sensrulethenhl" over on HTR is reporting that Alfie will play Friday. As much as I'd love to see that (I'm taking the boys) I hope he's not rushing things. Not that his knee would get any worse, but if he loses a step he's a much easier target to hit. And he is a target.

11Will Alfie be back this weekend? Empty Re: Will Alfie be back this weekend? Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Gerber/Vermette/Hennessey/SJ 1st for a high end goalie (I could be convinced that Kipper would thrive here, away from his current idiot coach); this leaves ~3.5-4.5M - wait until 30-35 games in, then see if Sundin will sign.

Then start saving for the parade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum