GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie could be back Friday...

+4
PKC
smash88
Riprock
PTFlea
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:09 pm

From the Sun....

Daniel Alfredsson is making a remarkable recovery from arthroscopic knee surgery and could be back in the lineup much sooner than expected.
Like, in time for the Senators' next game.
Alfredsson, who had surgery last Friday, had what his coach called a "hard" workout and also skated by himself at Scotiabank Place this morning.
Alfredsson has thus far missed only Saturday's 3-2 loss to Detroit.
"I'm not sure at this point," Craig Hartsburg said this morning when asked if there was any chance his captain could be in the lineup this weekend, when the Senators host the Phoenix Coyotes Friday and Boston Bruins Saturday. "I don't want to say yes or no. We'll just see how he is tomorrow." ....

Article by Brennan

2Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I knew it. I actually had a strong feeling. This is the smallest little surgery you can have and it will instantly make you feel a lot more comfortable.

That would be awesome news if it was actually true.

Safe to say Saturday latest?

3Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Is it too soon though? He "might be able to play" be the real question is "should he"? Come back too soon and he might cause further damage and miss more time.

4Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:From the Sun....

Daniel Alfredsson is making a remarkable recovery from arthroscopic knee surgery and could be back in the lineup much sooner than expected.
Alfredsson, who had surgery last Friday, had what his coach called a "hard" workout and also skated by himself at Scotiabank Place this morning.
"I'm not sure at this point," Craig Hartsburg said this morning when asked if there was any chance his captain could be in the lineup this weekend, when the Senators host the Phoenix Coyotes Friday and Boston Bruins Saturday. "I don't want to say yes or no. We'll just see how he is tomorrow." ....

Article by Brennan

This is awesome news... Although I work with a guy who had pretty much the same surgery... He was back at work on the second day and walking with no limp... He said after about 4 or 5 days he pretty much felt back to normal... and he said the pain is from the cuts and that it's really nothing to worry about...

5Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like it should be ok for him to return then.

6Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:19 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Sounds like it should be ok for him to return then.

I really can't see him missing any more than that anyway...

7Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:28 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That's great news. And hopefully this improves his play as well. He's looked a little out of place these first couple of games.

8Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:From the Sun....

Article by Brennan

Alfie never ceases to amaze me. I just hope that if he's back it's because he's ready to go and not because of the dismal record without him in the lineup. It's early, if he needs more time he should take as much as needed to be 100% IMO.

- Unknown Author

9Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:That's great news. And hopefully this improves his play as well. He's looked a little out of place these first couple of games.

exactly, but I think this issue was the underlying reason as to why he looked a little sluggish, if you will, in the opener against the Pens.

If he CAN play in their next game, I hope he comes out full force and keep the boys in line.

10Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:43 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

This would be great. If this happens, I hope they still try Foligno out on the top line and maybe have Fisher, Vermette, and Alfie on the 2nd line. So far I have been a little disappointed that the Alfie on 2nd line idea never made it past pre-season.

11Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:49 pm

mojo1016 wrote:This would be great. If this happens, I hope they still try Foligno out on the top line and maybe have Fisher, Vermette, and Alfie on the 2nd line. So far I have been a little disappointed that the Alfie on 2nd line idea never made it past pre-season.

I said this on the other thread, I would like to see Spezza in between Foligno and Winchester. Lets see if Fisher can produce with the teams 2 best goal scorers, and lets see if Spezza can produce without Heatley and Alfi. This team and some individuals need to be tested. The two guys that need to prove they r worth the money and Fisher and Spezza.

12Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:14 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:This would be great. If this happens, I hope they still try Foligno out on the top line and maybe have Fisher, Vermette, and Alfie on the 2nd line. So far I have been a little disappointed that the Alfie on 2nd line idea never made it past pre-season.

I said this on the other thread, I would like to see Spezza in between Foligno and Winchester. Lets see if Fisher can produce with the teams 2 best goal scorers, and lets see if Spezza can produce without Heatley and Alfi. This team and some individuals need to be tested. The two guys that need to prove they r worth the money and Fisher and Spezza.

That's not a bad idea, but I'm not sure I would want that little experience on one of our top lines. I agree Spezza needs to show he can elevate other people's games. I think I would prefer to have a Alfie-Spezza combo and a Fisher-Heatley combo. Then take your pick your pick between Foligno, Winchester, and Vermette on the wings.

13Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:47 pm

mojo1016 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

That's not a bad idea, but I'm not sure I would want that little experience on one of our top lines. I agree Spezza needs to show he can elevate other people's games. I think I would prefer to have a Alfie-Spezza combo and a Fisher-Heatley combo. Then take your pick your pick between Foligno, Winchester, and Vermette on the wings.

Ya, but then you still have Alfi there helping Spezza. The guy has had a crutch the entire time he was here, I just really want to see how good he really is.

14Alfie could be back Friday... Empty Re: Alfie could be back Friday... Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:I knew it. I actually had a strong feeling. This is the smallest little surgery you can have and it will instantly make you feel a lot more comfortable.

That would be awesome news if it was actually true.

Safe to say Saturday latest?

I'm going to the Friday night game with my sons. Would be nice to see him in the lineup. But I'd much prefer that he recuperates fully, and that the team continues to learn to play better without him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum