GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

417 Closure this weekend

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1417 Closure this weekend Empty 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Most of the time they close for 18 hours but generally re-open sooner than that. This weekend they are closing the 417 at 11PM Friday until 11PM Sunday -- a full 48 hours!!! -- for the Kent Street overhead bridge rapid replacement. The reason for the longer closure is the watermain below.

Westbound traffic will divert to Catherine street, but the Eastbound detour will go down Booth, then Bronson, then Riverside and then re-join the 417 at Vanier. And I've got my mom's 75th birthday this weekend so I'm driving to Montreal on Sunday. Facepalm

417 Closure this weekend Queensway_closures

Isn't there a better way through? I know Nicholas street is down to one late but so are Booth and Bronson. Or is the downtown core so bad because of the LRT construction that Bronson to Riverside is seen as the better alternative?

What if I take the 416 and then the 401? I'm going to L'Ile Perrot.

2417 Closure this weekend Empty Re: 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, by the way, there is a game at the CTC on Saturday. Fantastic timing.

3417 Closure this weekend Empty Re: 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

48 hours to replace an entire overpass. The detour will add maybe 10 minutes to your travel time. No big deal.

4417 Closure this weekend Empty Re: 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:48 hours to replace an entire overpass.  The detour will add maybe 10 minutes to your travel time.  No big deal.

I think it will add a lot more than 10 minutes. I'll have to check on Saturday night, maybe I'll find some comments from those who actually traveled the reroute.

5417 Closure this weekend Empty Re: 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:48 hours to replace an entire overpass.  The detour will add maybe 10 minutes to your travel time.  No big deal.

I think it will add a lot more than 10 minutes.  I'll have to check on Saturday night, maybe I'll find some comments from those who actually traveled the reroute.

Well, this wouldn't be the first time you're wrong.

6417 Closure this weekend Empty Re: 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:59 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Take the 416 to Hunt Club and Hunt Club straight out to the 417. It will probably take 30 minutes to get all the way down Hunt Club depending on the time of day.

7417 Closure this weekend Empty Re: 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:02 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

get off Rochester, take QE parkway to Clegg, get on Main going south, go down riverside

8417 Closure this weekend Empty Re: 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think it will add a lot more than 10 minutes.  I'll have to check on Saturday night, maybe I'll find some comments from those who actually traveled the reroute.

Well, this wouldn't be the first time you're wrong.

You know, I believe you're right! Cheering

9417 Closure this weekend Empty Re: 417 Closure this weekend Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:get off Rochester, take QE parkway to Clegg, get on Main going south, go down riverside

Clegg is across the canal from the QE Parkway, though. I don't see a bridge on the map (unless there's something new).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum