GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread

+29
NEELY
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Hoags
The Silfer Server
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
TheAvatar
22_4_ever
CockRoche
SensHulk
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
ddt
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
LeCaptain
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:As long as we get a top-4 pick we can't lose this year in the draft.

The tipping point will be what they do with Nashville's pick.

I would say top 5, IMO Strome is ahead of Couturier.

I'd be hugely shocked if that actually happened personally. Although, I admit to really, really liking Strome, I don't think he unseats Couturier - too much of a question mark in his two-way game - and these days you don't get a mulligan for being too young to get the 2-way game.

I really like him though...if there was a way to nab him and Landeskog/RNG/Larsson the Sens would be set up for a long, long, long time.

The bigger question mark is The Q. You can teach defense and I'll bet you right now Strome goes ahead of Couturier.

497The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:24 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
The bigger question mark is The Q. You can teach defense and I'll bet you right now Strome goes ahead of Couturier.

You certainly can teach D, I didn't mean it that way, it's a caution flag when someone doesn't have the 2-way game going at 18 in this day and age. Strome is awesome, I think he'd be my choice above Couturier as well, but from the clips I've seen + trying to watch them online (which sucks), he has a real penchant to do 'fly bys' when he should be engaging in the battle along the boards for the puck - and we all have seen about enough of that in Ottawa, am I wrong? Not to mention that those habits sometimes really die hard.

I wouldn't bet either way, a lot of things can change. If I was to bet, I'd bet that Couturier goes 4th and Strome goes 5th - which is AMAZING when you consider how much Strome has flown up the ranks lately.

498The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

You certainly can teach D, I didn't mean it that way, it's a caution flag when someone doesn't have the 2-way game going at 18 in this day and age. Strome is awesome, I think he'd be my choice above Couturier as well, but from the clips I've seen + trying to watch them online (which sucks), he has a real penchant to do 'fly bys' when he should be engaging in the battle along the boards for the puck - and we all have seen about enough of that in Ottawa, am I wrong? Not to mention that those habits sometimes really die hard.

I wouldn't bet either way, a lot of things can change. If I was to bet, I'd bet that Couturier goes 4th and Strome goes 5th - which is AMAZING when you consider how much Strome has flown up the ranks lately.

There is a reason Couturier is taking a hit from the scouts, they are watching him a lot closer now and they are not loving what they see. I bet he ends up being picked around 7th or 8th.

499The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
There is a reason Couturier is taking a hit from the scouts, they are watching him a lot closer now and they are not loving what they see. I bet he ends up being picked around 7th or 8th.

Yeah, truth be told I like Huberdeu (sp) more as well, but if he falls to 7 or 8, I think there will be some teams that will regret that decision. My very uninformed opinion is that he should be taken no later than 5th - and that he will need some acclimatization to the pro ranks before hitting the NHL, but he will succeed.

500The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No chance Strome goes ahead of Couturier. This guy is getting way too much hype. People are comparing him to Skinner yet he doesn't score nearly the same amount of goals.

The Top 4 is set.

501The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Yeah, truth be told I like Huberdeu (sp) more as well, but if he falls to 7 or 8, I think there will be some teams that will regret that decision. My very uninformed opinion is that he should be taken no later than 5th - and that he will need some acclimatization to the pro ranks before hitting the NHL, but he will succeed.

Coutuirier isn't taking a hit from scouts, he took a hit from Craig Button Laugh1 7th or 8th is way too low, he was projected to be the 1st pick for years and not a lot has changed.

502The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would bet a 1 week ban from this site than Strome is not picked ahead of Couturier.

503The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I would bet a 1 week ban from this site than Strome is not picked ahead of Couturier.

I have to say it's highly unlikely, but there's always gonna be a team that goes slightly off the board. Huberdou is getting built up as the next Kane now, I wouldn't be surprised if someone grabs him ahead of Strome. I think Couturier is set in the top 4 as well - 4th IMO, but still top 4. The next 3 or 4 picks after that could really dictate what the Sens do with the Nashville pick.

504The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I would bet a 1 week ban from this site than Strome is not picked ahead of Couturier.

I have to say it's highly unlikely, but there's always gonna be a team that goes slightly off the board. Huberdou is getting built up as the next Kane now, I wouldn't be surprised if someone grabs him ahead of Strome. I think Couturier is set in the top 4 as well - 4th IMO, but still top 4. The next 3 or 4 picks after that could really dictate what the Sens do with the Nashville pick.

LOL what? By who, HFBoards?

505The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
LOL what? By who, HFBoards?

Don't recall. There were several people commenting on how close their release and shots were. Thinking back, I suppose it could have been Strome they were talking about, but I think it was Hubert.

Don't worry about people on HF, no one here takes HF as gospel, I can hardly stand going there anymore - I barely do actually.

506The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:top-215-prospects&catid=26:rankings&Itemid=102

Someone familiar to Dobber explain to me how Rundblad is not on that list?!? I'm not sure I understand the qualifications.

507The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:32 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

we really need another repeat of the cam fowler nosedive in the draft...if nashville misses the playoffs, we got a solid chance to draft a player who's dropped in the draft. There's always at least one

508The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:top-215-prospects&catid=26:rankings&Itemid=102

Someone familiar to Dobber explain to me how Rundblad is not on that list?!? I'm not sure I understand the qualifications.

He's 21st, you have to scroll down for the d-men. He will probably be higher once he arrives in NA.

509The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:top-215-prospects&catid=26:rankings&Itemid=102

He's 21st, you have to scroll down for the d-men. He will probably be higher once he arrives in NA.

Not sure how I missed that...

510The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:we really need another repeat of the cam fowler nosedive in the draft...if nashville misses the playoffs, we got a solid chance to draft a player who's dropped in the draft. There's always at least one

Yeah, not sure who it's gonna be, but someone's gonna fall. I'll still hold out hope that we somehow move up and grab Strome - and until he's drafted 6th or 7th, I will continue to dream. Smile

511The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Coutuirier isn't taking a hit from scouts, he took a hit from Craig Button Laugh1 7th or 8th is way too low, he was projected to be the 1st pick for years and not a lot has changed.

He absolutely is. He was 4th on basically every list in the new year and based on what I have seen from him and the other prospects, he will continue to slid. Playing in The Q is a factor as well as well as him not being the consensus best draft eligable player in that league anymore either.

If you wanna take the bet, go right ahead but I'm saying he gets drafted no earlier than 6th, more than likely 7th or 8th.

512The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I 100% agree about the Q, if something's gonna hurt him, it'll be that, but he's still a great prospect with great size and an explosiveness. If he was playing in the OHL, he'd be a top 3 IMO and I think the shrewd scouts will hope he falls a little and trade up for him.

513The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Elliotte Freidman said there's basically a consensus Top 4 amongst all the bottom teams, and that Top 4 is RNH, Larsson, Couturier, and Landeskog.

BUT fine, let him drop to the Nashville pick. That would be sweet Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum