GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread

+29
NEELY
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Hoags
The Silfer Server
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
TheAvatar
22_4_ever
CockRoche
SensHulk
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
ddt
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
LeCaptain
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

256The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Islanders up next. Lets get that bus back on route shall we?

257The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:01 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Islanders up next. Lets get that bus back on route shall we?

Boo!

258The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Boo!

?

259The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Boo!

?

I can never support cheering for my team to lose or even hoping so. There will be plenty of games against Philly, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, any team from out-West, etc. The Devils are playing well so there's no shame in losing to them. What we need is some help from Western teams to let the Oilers get a few points here and there. But we don't really care that much if the Oilers finish last, since they are not looking at getting a forward anyway.

260The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Boo!

?

I can never support cheering for my team to lose or even hoping so. There will be plenty of games against Philly, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, any team from out-West, etc. The Devils are playing well so there's no shame in losing to them. What we need is some help from Western teams to let the Oilers get a few points here and there. But we don't really care that much if the Oilers finish last, since they are not looking at getting a forward anyway.

Actually they also want a centre for Hall and Eberle so it's not a guarantee they go with Larsson

261The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Boo!

?

Actually they also want a centre for Hall and Eberle so it's not a guarantee they go with Larsson

Agreed. Look at Murray as an example of someone who drafts without much concern for need. EDM might have a hard on for forwards like Murray does for D men.

262The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Boo!

?

I am pretty sure the top two players on Edmonton wish list come the draft is are:

Larsson - Best player in the draft and plays a huge position of need

Couturier - Another position of need, also has the size that the Oilers need.

263The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Big win by the Oilers tonight.

264The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:03 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oilers won again last night... they are now 1 point behind us. We have 1 game in hand though.

265The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:20 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Boo!

?

But with Gagner and Cogliano as recent drafted centres, they might not want to take RNH as he is the smaller of the big 4.

266The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Boo!

?

But with Gagner and Cogliano as recent drafted centres, they might not want to take RNH as he is the smaller of the big 4.

No one could pass up on RNH though. Sarcasm

267The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:07 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TSN's Dave Hodge "sounds off" on Murray's comment that "this is not a housecleaning" :

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354377

TSN's Dave Hodge sounds off on all the hockey issues of the day in
Hodgemail. Write in to answer Dave's weekly question and watch the NHL
on TSN tonight to see if he reads your response.
Three veterans traded away in just a week, and it's not a housecleaning?

Well, according to Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray - it's not.

Leading up to the Feb. 28 trade deadline, Murray traded four-time 20-goal scorer Mike Fisher to the Nashville Predators for a first-round draft pick and a conditional draft pick before sending veteran forward Chris Kelly to the Boston Bruins for a second-rounder and Jarkko Ruutu to the Anaheim Ducks for a sixth.

That
means a combined 28 goals and 29 assists this season are out the door
with no production coming back, at least not for a couple of years.

Both Fisher and Kelly were Senators' draft picks and spent their entire careers in Ottawa.

And
while the first- and second-round picks acquired in the Fisher and
Kelly trades have a chance of turning into useful pieces for the Sens
down the road, there's less chance that the sixth-rounder obtained in
the Ruutu trade will pay dividends for Ottawa.

And if those
three departed veterans aren't enough, there are still 10 days to go
until the trade deadline and plenty of rumours swirling around that more
veterans could be on their way out.

Next in line could be 12-year defenceman Chris Phillips, while could find himself in a different city come March 1. Captain Daniel Alfredsson
could be the only player safe on the roster, but there's even been talk
that Murray could ask him if he'd be willing to accept a trade.

So
here's Dave's question to you: "Senators' GM Bryan Murray says of his
approach to the trade deadline: 'I wouldn't call it a housecleaning'.
What would you call it?"

Email your response to hodgemail@tsn.ca (along with your name and where you're from) and watch the NHL on TSN tonight to see if Dave reads your answer on air.
You can also catch the best responses on video on demand right after the broadcast on TSN.ca.

268The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's simply trading assets that are in demand. That's about it.

Not a real housecleaning yet... more of a salary cleaning.

Wink

269The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NYI are now 6 pts ahead. Good job, TN The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 815832

270The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:He's simply trading assets that are in demand. That's about it.

Wink

Yeah, precisely. 4.2 for Fisher? Not right now thanks. We have a ton of young guys who want to smack the puck around. Fisher had 22 goals or whatever last year, but he also played 20+ minutes a night, including PP1 and PK1 (can't hurt). Put Z.Smith in his skates for the year and see how many goals he can get. I'd say it'd be close to 20.

271The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:He's simply trading assets that are in demand. That's about it.

Wink

Yeah, precisely. 4.2 for Fisher? Not right now thanks. We have a ton of young guys who want to smack the puck around. Fisher had 22 goals or whatever last year, but he also played 20+ minutes a night, including PP1 and PK1 (can't hurt). Put Z.Smith in his skates for the year and see how many goals he can get. I'd say it'd be close to 20.
Whoa, slow down SD. We all thought Regin and Foligno would have break out years, so let's slow down on predicting 20 goals for Zach Smith. I just want to see his game progress next year.

272The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:Whoa, slow down SD. We all thought Regin and Foligno would have break out years, so let's slow down on predicting 20 goals for Zach Smith. I just want to see his game progress next year.

All I really meant is that I got the impression that Fisher was playing 2C with us this year primarily as a checker and that his production can be replaced internally for much less.

273The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Z Smith is not even close to Fisher's level, on any facet. Let's calm down on the silly predictions. He's a 4th liner and most teams have a player like him on their 4th line. If we have a Z Smith on the top 6 we are most definitely still a bottom 3 team in the league.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum