GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official Wake TF Up thread of Road to the Playoffs

+3
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
LeCaptain
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=730432

It has begun, and it should not end.
Actually, it should get bigger. This should serve as a model.
The time has come to prepare the road to the playoffs, by reviving this sleeping fanbase and get that crowd going nuts, Bell Centre style.
With the number of members that is growing everyday in here, there's probably a way to promote some sort of "wake up call" to the fanbase. Even after a 7 game winning streak it is still 1000+ tickets away from sellout, and people who attend are bored like winter and boring like Stuntman Stu.

First step would be to promote this site on radio stations. We could send emails non stop until they read them, call on the shows etc.
Then we can prepare the chants and cheers etc in here and let the people who visit know how it's gonna happen. I don't even know what yet but I'm sure everybody has an idea.

This logo should mean something, not just a sentence read and forgotten:

The Official Wake TF Up thread of Road to the Playoffs Sens%20army%20-%20the%20loud%20the%20proud

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

True. I tuned in to watch the 3rd period of the Jersey game and it was like a tom. I thought, "Crap, did they blow the 3-0 lead?"

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm all for it. An email and phone calling blitz would set this site a blaze for sure. The last time someone called during the day on Team1200 the site hit almost 150 people online at once and the page loads were around 4000 on the day which about 1200 more than our busiest day otherwise.

That was just 1 phone call. Imagine a blitz of calls and emails??? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

One problem is that the major catalyst to being loud and intense, and somewhat rowdy is alcohol. But with the Bank being so far out, it usually involves people having to drive out there. Which in turn immediately limits people's willingness (hopefully) to drink/get drunk.

If only they had built that stadium in Lebreton Flats. Damnit people!! They should just move Hurdman Station, and build the arena there.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:One problem is that the major catalyst to being loud and intense, and somewhat rowdy is alcohol. But with the Bank being so far out, it usually involves people having to drive out there. Which in turn immediately limits people's willingness (hopefully) to drink/get drunk.

If only they had built that stadium in Lebreton Flats. Damnit people!! They should just move Hurdman Station, and build the arena there.

You need to get over this. It's not happening. If there's any chance of this happening in the future it won't be for another 20 plus years when the Sens are interested in a new stadium.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:One problem is that the major catalyst to being loud and intense, and somewhat rowdy is alcohol. But with the Bank being so far out, it usually involves people having to drive out there. Which in turn immediately limits people's willingness (hopefully) to drink/get drunk.

May be there's something we can do with the public transports?
I<m not sure how it works now but it needs more promotion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can give you the name of a good therapist to get over this. By the way, who do you think would come to the game if the arena was out there? The city is deserted past 5PM. Nobody lives in the core, and LeBreton Flats is accessible by a 2-lane, 50 km/hr Parkway.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

I can give you the name of a good therapist to get over this. By the way, who do you think would come to the game if the arena was out there? The city is deserted past 5PM. Nobody lives in the core, and LeBreton Flats is accessible by a 2-lane, 50 km/hr Parkway.

Well, I live in Aylmer and I can promise to go to 1game/month if it was in downtown.
Actually, I already go to 1 game /month The Official Wake TF Up thread of Road to the Playoffs 484884

But anyways, the post game would be more amazing downtown, with the bars and stuff.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We got bars ... and some stuff.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:We got bars ... and some stuff.

But then you have to go back downtown at 2 AM...

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:

May be there's something we can do with the public transports?

In the Soo public transport is free game nights if you show a valid ticket, Ottawa should do something like that

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:

No, not me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I used to live in the West Island, Beaconsfield. To get to the Big-O I had to walk 15 minutes to the bus-stop, take about a 45 minute bus ride, transfer to the subway and then another half hour or more on the subway. And on the way back, sometimes I had to wait about a half hour for the bus, and ride standing-room only on a bus filled with Expos fans and university students.

Are you asking me to feel sorry for fans who can hop in a car and drive to the SBP in less than a half hour (if they go early enough to have supper at a place like Local Heroes -- they have a shuttle).

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:

No, not me.

No, not you. The Official Wake TF Up thread of Road to the Playoffs 54934

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I used to live in the West Island, Beaconsfield. To get to the Big-O I had to walk 15 minutes to the bus-stop, take about a 45 minute bus ride, transfer to the subway and then another half hour or more on the subway. And on the way back, sometimes I had to wait about a half hour for the bus, and ride standing-room only on a bus filled with Expos fans and university students.

Are you asking me to feel sorry for fans who can hop in a car and drive to the SBP in less than a half hour (if they go early enough to have supper at a place like Local Heroes -- they have a shuttle).

That's basically the kind of travel I do everyday. Sometimes I have class until 10 pm and I arrive home at midnight...

NOt asking you to feel sorry for any fan. Just saying it's not everybody that has a car, and those who do (from Orleans, for example), with the parking and everything make 2h to drive back home...
Hard to go to many games with that condition.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum