GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official Summer 2009 Snoozer Fighting thread

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The quest for Bouw has officially started. Or someone else. Who stays? who goes? Who resigns? Who do we draft? IT is indeed gonna be a loooooooong summer ( Facepalm ). But it looks like the battle of signings has already started:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2009/04/12/9088621-sun.html

A bunch if names, but rumours only IMO.
Bottom line, who do we keep? who do we resign? who do we look after?

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

I know we can't afford Neil but it would be punch in the gut if he signs with the Leafs.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

TeamRenzo wrote:I know we can't afford Neil but it would be punch in the gut if he signs with the Leafs.

Agreed, and honestly, would hate to see him suiting up in the blue and white against us next year. I know we have Bass and Smith in the organization, but you could have once said Neiler bled Sens Army Red, but his latest comment really doesn't speak that anymore.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I think that was posturing by Burke to maybe force Ottawa to overpay for Neil, screwing us for the cap space. Wouldn't put it past him

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I would seriously lose respect for Neil if he goes to TO just for the money.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

If he goes, I doubt it's for the money; it's likely because he's pissed at Ottawa for letting him go. Same would apply if he ends up in Montreal.

I'm sure there's another team that offers more than Toronto if Neil chooses to forgo the hometown discount that Ottawa demands.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:If he goes, I doubt it's for the money; it's likely because he's pissed at Ottawa for letting him go. Same would apply if he ends up in Montreal.

I'm sure there's another team that offers more than Toronto if Neil chooses to forgo the hometown discount that Ottawa demands.

The same could be said for Comrie say if he goes elsewhere, or even if BM offers him a contract, Murray busiest time has officially started now the games are done, once the team has their player meeting and says their good byes until training camp, Murray will be shutting himself up in his office and getting to the real work. RFA's, UFA's, PMD's, abundance of goalies, all these things will be on his mind, the only thing that has been decided is the coach.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum