GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread

+29
NEELY
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Hoags
The Silfer Server
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
TheAvatar
22_4_ever
CockRoche
SensHulk
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
ddt
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
LeCaptain
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

991The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 67 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
They are on par with Montreal, Carolina, NYR, NJ, Buffalo, and maybe to a little lesser extent, Tampa.

Maybe if we resign Anderson and he plays like he did last year. We also need a coach who knows what a PP is, but so far all signs point to Dave Cameron as the next coach :crossarms:

Except for Spezza we don't have any real talent up front except for 9MM and hopefully Butler if he pans out(who knows at this point). We're also going to have a bunch of rookies on D who will be making mistakes every game.

Last but not least I think it's going to be a long few years because Melnyk is already convinced we'll be in the playoffs next year, I'd feel better if he kept his mouth shut Laugh1

992The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 67 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
They are on par with Montreal, Carolina, NYR, NJ, Buffalo, and maybe to a little lesser extent, Tampa.

Maybe if we resign Anderson and he plays like he did last year. We also need a coach who knows what a PP is, but so far all signs point to Dave Cameron as the next coach :crossarms:

Except for Spezza we don't have any real talent up front except for 9MM and hopefully Butler if he pans out(who knows at this point). We're also going to have a bunch of rookies on D who will be making mistakes every game.

Last but not least I think it's going to be a long few years because Melnyk is already convinced we'll be in the playoffs next year, I'd feel better if he kept his mouth shut Laugh1

Not sure what signs there are but to me I think Clouston is going to be here for another year. He knows who is bread and butter players are and he treats them as such, he's also good with the youngers guys coming in, Karlsson and Lee are great examples of a guy who knows how to bring along young prospects.

We still have Alfi for at least another year and there is 100% a top 5 draft pick/forward coming in next year as well.

Butler/Spezza/Michalek
Alfi/Regin(probably where he starts)/Landeskog (seems the most likely).

That's not a great top 6, not awful either. Probably on par with teams like the ones I mentioned. You are rght in saying everything is basically on whether they sign Anderson or not... if they don't it will be a year of losing for sure.

993The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 67 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Clouston for Prime-Minister?

994The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 67 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

For all we know it's the associate coaches who get credit for Karlsson and Lee's development. The team's best skill of late is the PK and Carvel runs that

All I see is the same team winning a lot of close games because we have goalie(s) who can actually hold a lead and make key saves.

I just don't get the impression Clouston is in their plans, they should make a run at Kirk Muller IMO.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5267

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum