GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread

+29
NEELY
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Hoags
The Silfer Server
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
TheAvatar
22_4_ever
CockRoche
SensHulk
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
ddt
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
LeCaptain
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
There is a reason Couturier is taking a hit from the scouts, they are watching him a lot closer now and they are not loving what they see. I bet he ends up being picked around 7th or 8th.

Yeah, truth be told I like Huberdeu (sp) more as well, but if he falls to 7 or 8, I think there will be some teams that will regret that decision. My very uninformed opinion is that he should be taken no later than 5th - and that he will need some acclimatization to the pro ranks before hitting the NHL, but he will succeed.

Coutuirier isn't taking a hit from scouts, he took a hit from Craig Button Laugh1 7th or 8th is way too low, he was projected to be the 1st pick for years and not a lot has changed.

He absolutely is. He was 4th on basically every list in the new year and based on what I have seen from him and the other prospects, he will continue to slid. Playing in The Q is a factor as well as well as him not being the consensus best draft eligable player in that league anymore either.

If you wanna take the bet, go right ahead but I'm saying he gets drafted no earlier than 6th, more than likely 7th or 8th.

512The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I 100% agree about the Q, if something's gonna hurt him, it'll be that, but he's still a great prospect with great size and an explosiveness. If he was playing in the OHL, he'd be a top 3 IMO and I think the shrewd scouts will hope he falls a little and trade up for him.

513The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Elliotte Freidman said there's basically a consensus Top 4 amongst all the bottom teams, and that Top 4 is RNH, Larsson, Couturier, and Landeskog.

BUT fine, let him drop to the Nashville pick. That would be sweet Laugh1

514The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Elliotte Freidman said there's basically a consensus Top 4 amongst all the bottom teams, and that Top 4 is RNH, Larsson, Couturier, and Landeskog.

BUT fine, let him drop to the Nashville pick. That would be sweet Laugh1

Getting him with the Nashville pick would be insane. He won't fall that far though. The playoffs and Mem Cup always have some sort of effect on the draft as well.

515The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I kinda like RNH, would give us two top centres.

Some guy on Team 1200 this evening on my way back from work was a big proponent of it.

516The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Getting him with the Nashville pick would be insane. He won't fall that far though. The playoffs and Mem Cup always have some sort of effect on the draft as well.

There's a chance we move up into the top 10 with the Nashville pick, it certainly wouldn't be the first time a team with multiple 2nd rounders used one of them to land a higher pick.

517The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I kinda like RNH, would give us two top centres.

Some guy on Team 1200 this evening on my way back from work was a big proponent of it.

Yeah I'm starting to prefer him and Larsson over the others.

518The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:I kinda like RNH, would give us two top centres.

Yeah I'm starting to prefer him and Larsson over the others.

For me, it's a 3 horse race between Landeskog, Larsson and RNH - and I doubt I'll change my mind. I sort of feel there's a definite impact NHL player in each of these guys.

519The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:37 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
There is a reason Couturier is taking a hit from the scouts, they are watching him a lot closer now and they are not loving what they see. I bet he ends up being picked around 7th or 8th.

Yeah, truth be told I like Huberdeu (sp) more as well, but if he falls to 7 or 8, I think there will be some teams that will regret that decision. My very uninformed opinion is that he should be taken no later than 5th - and that he will need some acclimatization to the pro ranks before hitting the NHL, but he will succeed.

Coutuirier isn't taking a hit from scouts, he took a hit from Craig Button Laugh1 7th or 8th is way too low, he was projected to be the 1st pick for years and not a lot has changed.

He absolutely is. He was 4th on basically every list in the new year and based on what I have seen from him and the other prospects, he will continue to slid. Playing in The Q is a factor as well as well as him not being the consensus best draft eligable player in that league anymore either.

If you wanna take the bet, go right ahead but I'm saying he gets drafted no earlier than 6th, more than likely 7th or 8th.

We're still talking about Sean Couturier? The only draft eligible Canadian to play in the Juniors championships this year? I'm taking that bet, lol. I understand he's got his pitfalls, but I really think this guy is a top-three in the draft and that he's going to be picked in the top-five or six.

EDIT: I'm fairly positive I know who you would have in the top-five, but just to be clear what would your picks be?

520The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Larsson
Landeskog
RNH
Strome
Murphy

521The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I certainly wouldn't cry if Ottawa drafted Landeskog, found a way to move up (NSH 1st PLUS) and drafted Couturier as well.

522The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:01 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Larsson
Landeskog
RNH
Strome
Murphy

I figured it would be some combination of those top-four guys + Murphy/Hamilton.
I guess the only way to really tell will be on draft day, but I just don't see a guy that brings all the elements to the table like Couturier falling out of the top-five, let alone the top-seven/eight.

I (admittedly) have a sizer boner though, so I likely have Couturier/Hamilton higher than some.

523The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:31 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well I'll say this, I think Strome's draft position depends on what he does in the playoffs. If they can win their first round and upset one of the 67's or Major's right after that, I think Strome's play with be reflective of that. If they get bounced in the 1st round, I think Ottawa has a chance at Strome with Nahville's pick. I seriously think his draft stock will be based on that.

524The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:35 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Ottawa does indeed move up from that Nashville pick, I bet they land one of Strome, Couturier, or Huberdeau. I think one of those 3 will make it to the 8 or 9 spot in the draft at least. Depends on what teams go after some D men.

EDIT: It also depends on what the scouts see and want as well. They could very well hate a guy like Huberdeau and pass on him if he fell to 12th kind of thing.

525The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just watch for it, BM will draft a Dman with the NSH pick... I swear I'll hunt him down. Sarcasm

526The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:37 am

Flo The Action wrote:Just watch for it, BM will draft a Dman with the NSH pick... I swear I'll hunt him down. Sarcasm

If the clear cut BPA is a d-man, can we really afford to pass him up? If we draft RNH/Landeskog with the first pick, I would probably be ok with a d-man with Nashvilles pick provided he was easily the best player available. We've also got 3 2nds to nab forwards with.

527The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seriously, if a guy like Hamilton somehow fell to NAshville's pick, how dumb would it be not to pick him? Talk about a guy that would have all the time in the world to develop to his full potential.

I can honestly see a scenario where Murray trades down a few times to grab Prince. I think that kid will be the steal of the draft. He makes Toffoli go, not the other way around. People think LA has a steal in the 2nd round there, I don't, I think who ever nabs Prince will get the steal. IMO that would be the perfect mid round pick for The Sens.

528The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:04 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Seriously, if a guy like Hamilton somehow fell to NAshville's pick, how dumb would it be not to pick him? Talk about a guy that would have all the time in the world to develop to his full potential.

I can honestly see a scenario where Murray trades down a few times to grab Prince. I think that kid will be the steal of the draft. He makes Toffoli go, not the other way around. People think LA has a steal in the 2nd round there, I don't, I think who ever nabs Prince will get the steal. IMO that would be the perfect mid round pick for The Sens.

The only knock against Hamilton (in our situation) is that he plays the right side (where it looks like Karlsson, Rundbland and Wiercioch might be the future) although if he (being Dougie) slips out of the top-ten this is a guy that may be worth it. He's like a more physical Jay Bouwmeester which would certainly be a nice piece if developed properly.

Can't agree about Prince though, I really think the 67's are a team built on the depth of a bunch of mid-level guys (including both of Prince's linemates) and I'm scared away by smaller guys without top end speed. Time will tell, but he isn't a guy I would grab in the first round to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum