GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread

+29
NEELY
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Hoags
The Silfer Server
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
TheAvatar
22_4_ever
CockRoche
SensHulk
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
ddt
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
LeCaptain
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

481The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Another loss for NSH... more good news!

482The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:06 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:No chance The Sens catch The Islanders. 7 points up now and gone within striking distance for The Sens.

It looks likes the most worrisome team are the Avs. Are they gonna win another game this year?

483The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:23 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:No chance The Sens catch The Islanders. 7 points up now and gone within striking distance for The Sens.

It looks likes the most worrisome team are the Avs. Are they gonna win another game this year?

They will win 2 or 3 for sure and probably get the losers point a few more times as well. They also have the luxury of playing Edmonton 2 more times. It will be tough for The Sens to catch them, again looks at The Sens schedule and it's tough to think they will pull out anything more than 12-14 points in a best case scenario playing on the road against teams that are desperate and just flat out better than Ottawa.

484The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:49 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Just looked at The Sens schedule again, if they win more than 2 of their next 10, I'll be surprised to say the least.

485The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, our schedule is tough. I especially love the 3 games in 4 nights to close out this week.

486The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:07 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, our schedule is tough. I especially love the 3 games in 4 nights to close out this week.

If Ottawa loses that Florida game, they finish in the basement of The NHL.

487The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, our schedule is tough. I especially love the 3 games in 4 nights to close out this week.

They made it, tank nation. Ottawa is the (inverted) number 1 team. I'm with Neely. There are a couple opportunities to finish higher than 30th, but chances are good that the team stays right where it is.

488The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Yeah, that game might be the Stanley Cup when it comes to tanking.

489The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Forget the lottery, the bottom 4 teams should play it out on the ice. Have a 4 team playoff, loser take all!

490The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Forget the lottery, the bottom 4 teams should play it out on the ice. Have a 4 team playoff, loser take all!

Hahah, that would be awesome - unless we lose, then Diddle that Dung!

491The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

As long as we get a top-4 pick we can't lose this year in the draft.

The tipping point will be what they do with Nashville's pick.

492The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:29 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:As long as we get a top-4 pick we can't lose this year in the draft.

I would say top 5, IMO Strome is ahead of Couturier.

493The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:As long as we get a top-4 pick we can't lose this year in the draft.

I'd be hugely shocked if that actually happened personally. Although, I admit to really, really liking Strome, I don't think he unseats Couturier - too much of a question mark in his two-way game - and these days you don't get a mulligan for being too young to get the 2-way game.

I really like him though...if there was a way to nab him and Landeskog/RNG/Larsson the Sens would be set up for a long, long, long time.

494The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Amnesia021 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Interesting concept - but I think the winner should get the #1 overall. There'd be no incentive for winning if the loser took the #1 overall.

495The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

Dash wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Interesting concept - but I think the winner should get the #1 overall. There'd be no incentive for winning if the loser took the #1 overall.

I think you'd have to throw money into the mix. Winning players get x amount, losing players get nothing.

496The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I'd be hugely shocked if that actually happened personally. Although, I admit to really, really liking Strome, I don't think he unseats Couturier - too much of a question mark in his two-way game - and these days you don't get a mulligan for being too young to get the 2-way game.

I really like him though...if there was a way to nab him and Landeskog/RNG/Larsson the Sens would be set up for a long, long, long time.

The bigger question mark is The Q. You can teach defense and I'll bet you right now Strome goes ahead of Couturier.

497The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
The bigger question mark is The Q. You can teach defense and I'll bet you right now Strome goes ahead of Couturier.

You certainly can teach D, I didn't mean it that way, it's a caution flag when someone doesn't have the 2-way game going at 18 in this day and age. Strome is awesome, I think he'd be my choice above Couturier as well, but from the clips I've seen + trying to watch them online (which sucks), he has a real penchant to do 'fly bys' when he should be engaging in the battle along the boards for the puck - and we all have seen about enough of that in Ottawa, am I wrong? Not to mention that those habits sometimes really die hard.

I wouldn't bet either way, a lot of things can change. If I was to bet, I'd bet that Couturier goes 4th and Strome goes 5th - which is AMAZING when you consider how much Strome has flown up the ranks lately.

498The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

You certainly can teach D, I didn't mean it that way, it's a caution flag when someone doesn't have the 2-way game going at 18 in this day and age. Strome is awesome, I think he'd be my choice above Couturier as well, but from the clips I've seen + trying to watch them online (which sucks), he has a real penchant to do 'fly bys' when he should be engaging in the battle along the boards for the puck - and we all have seen about enough of that in Ottawa, am I wrong? Not to mention that those habits sometimes really die hard.

I wouldn't bet either way, a lot of things can change. If I was to bet, I'd bet that Couturier goes 4th and Strome goes 5th - which is AMAZING when you consider how much Strome has flown up the ranks lately.

There is a reason Couturier is taking a hit from the scouts, they are watching him a lot closer now and they are not loving what they see. I bet he ends up being picked around 7th or 8th.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum