GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Preseason #4 - MTL @ OTT - 25/09/2010 - 7:00 PM

+19
PKC
stempniaksen
SensHulk
Ev
asq2
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Straight Shooter
TheAvatar
Riprock
Flo The Action
PTFlea
ddt
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
shabbs
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:i couldn't watch the game but for one i might have been wrong on foligno... i'm man enough to admit it... i may have been wrong. Facepalm

on the flip side of all this GO FOLIGNO!!!!

Are there highlights available anywhere? Both his goals were sick but Rogers doesn't do a very good job on replays. The first one especially they showed Foligno deking out Price but they didn't show the pseudo-spin-o-rama he did to get past the Montreal defender, which I thought was more impressive.

I can't wait to watch our powerplay unit once the season starts. Gonchar is going to help Karlsson out so much. Rockon

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just the thought of Gonchar/Karlsson on the PP... Drool

Sophomore
Sophomore

michalek spezza foligno
alfie fisher kovalev
regin kelly smith
rutuu winchester neil
butler

gonchar phillips
karlsson carkner
kuba campoli
lee

is the line up i would love to see and the players who have earned spots on the 2010/11 Sens.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

111519 wrote:michalek spezza foligno
alfie fisher kovalev
regin kelly smith
rutuu winchester neil
butler

gonchar phillips
karlsson carkner
kuba campoli
lee

is the line up i would love to see and the players who have earned spots on the 2010/11 Sens.
i don't know about foligno on the 1st line, maybe the second. we are going to face a tougher opposition in the regular season. i'm not usre if foligno will be best suited on the 1st o if the 1st line would best with foligno.
can alfie and kovalev play on the same line? i thought they played the same position. i'm down for having an offencive 3rd line and it looks like we just might be able to ice one every night. butler could replace any injured guy as they come.

carkner as a top 4 D? no way...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Straight Shooter wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:Is the reffing really that bad?

Nope. Just a guy with nothing better to do than write 7 consecutive posts complaining about the refs.

that's a pretty d-bag type comment there. no one likes a smart-a$s...hint hint :crossarms:

onto the game. Wow what's foligno on? this guy is playing lights out. Regin better equalize or he's going down to the 3rd line. Great coming out party for Butler today, he was all over the place. NOt sure why he got the penalty shot, but he buried it. Lee and Cowen got a nice little competition going for that 6th spot. and no one will talk about it, but Elliott looked great after the 1st goal.

I don't know what it is with the sens starting off slow; they looked god awful in the better part of the 1st half. Good game for spezza. However, not impressed with Alfie's play today Facepalm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:How come Elliott's wearing his old mask?

I noticed that too. Perhaps he's doing a white with red jersey, and red with white jersey thing with his helmet?

why is stuntman stu trying the whole chant goal scorer name thing again? that only works if you have a good PA announcer. Stu sucks at announcing goals. I saw two people near the glass get up and cheer for the sens, before an usher came and told them to sit down. seriously, wtf? THIS IS WHY OUR BUILDING IS SO BLOODY QUIET!

Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:
111519 wrote:michalek spezza foligno
alfie fisher kovalev
regin kelly smith
rutuu winchester neil
butler

gonchar phillips
karlsson carkner
kuba campoli
lee

i don't know about foligno on the 1st line, maybe the second. we are going to face a tougher opposition in the regular season. i'm not usre if foligno will be best suited on the 1st o if the 1st line would best with foligno.
can alfie and kovalev play on the same line? i thought they played the same position. i'm down for having an offencive 3rd line and it looks like we just might be able to ice one every night. butler could replace any injured guy as they come.

carkner as a top 4 D? no way...

did you hear spezza and foligno complimenting each other after the game? Saying they knew where each other were going to be-sounds alot like spezza/heatley talk. foligno has been around for a while, maybe he has just finally played himself onto the first line.

i think karlsson could drag carkner up to a fourth defencemen. either way i like the idea of karlsson having some protection out there so no one gets any stupid ideas.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Since we're talking about lines here's what I was thinking while watching the game.

Foligno/Regin - Spezza - Alfredsson
Michalek - Fisher - Kovalev
Foligno/Regin - Z.Smith - Winchester
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Shannon

Callups: Butler, Wick, Hoffman

Phillips - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

Callups: Hale, Gryba, Wiercioch

Elliot
Leclaire

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:Since we're talking about lines here's what I was thinking while watching the game.

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Shannon

Phillips - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

Elliot
Leclaire

I think it'll be exactly that, but with Lee as the reserve D-man. Which is odd because I think he's soundly outplaying a few guys right now.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Since we're talking about lines here's what I was thinking while watching the game.

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Shannon

Phillips - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

Elliot
Leclaire

I think it'll be exactly that, but with Lee as the reserve D-man. Which is odd because I think he's soundly outplaying a few guys right now.

Woops, I meant to have Lee there but I honestly just forgot about him.

The thing I'm most worried about is Clouston pushing Michalek on to that top line when I think he's a much better fit on the 2nd line crashing with Fisher and making space for Kovalev. I also am impressed with Butler, but really think he should start the season with Binghampton to wet his feet a bit, but he could fight his way into the top-nine sooner rather than later.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Shannon

Phillips - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

Elliot
Leclaire

The thing I'm most worried about is Clouston pushing Michalek on to that top line when I think he's a much better fit on the 2nd line crashing with Fisher and making space for Kovalev. I also am impressed with Butler, but really think he should start the season with Binghampton to wet his feet a bit, but he could fight his way into the top-nine sooner rather than later.

What are you guys on about with Butler? He plays the game at the NHL level, what exactly, if anything, is he supposed to be learning in the minors? Butler's on your opening day roster. As is Lee.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Shannon

Phillips - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

Elliot
Leclaire

What are you guys on about with Butler? He plays the game at the NHL level, what exactly, if anything, is he supposed to be learning in the minors? Butler's on your opening day roster. As is Lee.

I don't wanna rush the kid and a few pre-season games isn't gonna change my mind about that. Heck, look how much better Karlsson was when he came back from Binghampton. I really do think this kid needs to get his feet wet, and there's no harm in sending him down. All that being said I firmly believe he will be in the top-nine by the end of the year. I just don't see a spot for him now unless he beats out Smith.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Shannon

Phillips - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

Elliot
Leclaire

I don't see the point to have Butler on any line other than the Top 2, so I'm not sure if he makes the team. Seeing him in a coupe of preseason games doesn't truly show if he can play the game at an NHL level. Actually, if we made 3 offensive lines and then have the "4th" as the Kelly line then maybe he could be on the team and be in a position where he can thrive. Maybe something like:

Foligno-Spezza-Alfie
Michalek-Fisher-Kovalev
Regin-Smith-Butler
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Winchester

I really like that look of that lineup actually. Edit: It's pretty much the same as stempniaksen's but Butler instead of Winchester lol.

Also, I'm pretty sure Cowen will make it for at least the 9 game tryout if he has more games like he did tonight. I'm not a big Cowen guy but he was awesome tonight. Hitting everyone and playing a very sound defensive game. I think the defence will be:

Phillips-Gonchar
Carkner-Karlsson
Campoli-Cowen
Lee

Last edited by Big Ev on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:01 am; edited 3 times in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Butler is older than you stempniaksen (if you're age is correct) so I don't know why you're calling him a kid Sarcasm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Butler is older than you stempniaksen (if you're age is correct) so I don't know why you're calling him a kid Sarcasm

You and your logic have no place here Laugh1

P.S I thought about slotting Butler into that 3rd line instead of Winchester, but that would make it even more inexperienced of a line, and also I don't think Ottawa wants to pay either one of Shannon or Winny NHL money to play in the minors. At least not until Butler has proven that he can play top level hockey consistently, which I think he will prove in the minors sooner rather than later (and then the Sens will need to make a decision about Winchester or Shannon).

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I think it'll be exactly that, but with Lee as the reserve D-man. Which is odd because I think he's soundly outplaying a few guys right now.

I've been very impressed with Lee already this preseason. Nice to see him finally get some praise on this site. I have defended him every chance I get and finally others are realizing that maybe not every player that gets drafted makes an immediate impact, especially goalies and defensemen.

It takes longer to learn to play in the NHL than it does to learn to make fun of someone on the internet.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How did Gonchar look last night? I see he logged 24:25min in ice time.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I believe this game confirms that the Cup is coming to Ottawa this year!

Sir Jay Gonchar and Jared Cohen looked like Norris candidates.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum