GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Power Rankings for the Week of Mar. 15, 2010 (updated Mar 16, 2010)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 - Detroit---- 7-2-1 Last week (24th)
2 - Vancouver---- 7-2-1 Last week (12th)
3 - Carolina----- 7-2-1 Last week (2nd)
4 - Phoenix----- 7-3-0 Last week (5th)
5 - Montreal-------- 7-3-0 Last week (22nd)
6 - St. Louis----- 7-3-0 Last week (14th)
7 - Pittsburgh-- 6-1-3 Last week (13th)
8 - Chicago---- 6-3-1 Last week (6th)
9 - Philadelphia------ 6-3-1 Last week (9th)
10 - Colorado------- 6-4-0 Last week (17th)
11 - Nashville------- 6-4-0 Last week (21st)
12 - Washington - 5-2-3 - Last week (4th)
13 - NY Rangers---------- 5-3-2 Last week (23rd)
14 - New Jersey------5-4-1 Last week (26th)
15 - San Jose-----5-4-1 Last week (8th)
16 - Boston--------- 5-4-1 Last week (18th)
17 - Calgary--------- 5-5-0 Last week (19th)
18 - Buffalo------ 4-3-3 Last week (25th)
19 - Minnesota--- 4-4-2 Last week (10th)
20 - Columbus------ 4-4-2 Last week (15th)
21 - Los Angeles-- 4-4-2 Last week (1st)
22 - NY Isles-------- 4-5-1 Last week (30th)
23 - Anaheim-- 4-5-1 Last week (11th)
24 - Florida----- 4-5-1 Last week (27th)
25 - Toronto-------- 4-5-1 Last week (29th)
26 - Ottawa --- 4-5-1 Last week (3rd)
27 - Dallas------ 3-5-2 Last week (7th)
28 - Atlanta---- 3-5-2 Last week (20th)
29 - Edmonton------- 3-6-1 Last week (28th)
30 - Tampa Bay--- 2-7-1 Last week (16th)

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeesh. The Sens plummet down to 26th from 3rd last week. Even the Leafs are ahead of us. Facepalm

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Power Rankings for the Week of Mar. 15, 2010 (updated Mar 16, 2010) 441415

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sorry SpezD. This is just based on the last 10 games with no other analysis involved. It does give us a decent indication of how the Sens have been playing as a team and what to expect from upcoming opponents. Of course what the current Winning/lossing streak is would probably be useful as well.

For example the Sens are on a 2 game losing streak vs. the Leafs 1 game losing streak.

- Unknown Author

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

its not really a ranking its just whoes doing good in the past couple of games, it should be more of an overall ranking

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:its not really a ranking its just whoes doing good in the past couple of games, it should be more of an overall ranking

It's based on the past 10 games. IMO that is a pretty good indicator of team play over the last couple weeks.

- Unknown Author

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
sens4win wrote:its not really a ranking its just whoes doing good in the past couple of games, it should be more of an overall ranking

It's based on the past 10 games. IMO that is a pretty good indicator of team play over the last couple weeks.
why dont they just call it www.nhl.com/standings ? or even better www.nhl.com/stats

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

why dont they just call it www.nhl.com/standings ? or even better www.nhl.com/stats

It's my version of the power rankings. Sheesh. :crossarms:

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The following teams had identical records (4-5-1):
23 - Anaheim-- 4-5-1 Last week (11th)
24 - Florida----- 4-5-1 Last week (27th)
25 - Toronto-------- 4-5-1 Last week (29th)
26 - Ottawa --- 4-5-1 Last week (3rd)

Ottawa fell 23 spots while Islanders and Leafs not only rose, but are ahead of us. Ottawa was far ahead of all those teams in the previous ranking, and after posting an identical record this week, find themselves behind all of those teams. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

They battled the flu and a 3-game Western swing. Missing two regular defensemen (including our per-game minutes leader) as well as a forward who was playing at a PPG pace in his last 6. Two of those three are back tonight (I've seen players returning from injury boost their team's power ranking).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In other words, sorry Clutch, but it's *not* based on the last 10 games. The spelling of the team's name is also involved.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

[quote="wprager"]The following teams had identical records (4-5-1):
23 - Anaheim-- 4-5-1 Last week (11th) 2 game winning streak
24 - Florida----- 4-5-1 Last week (27th) 1 game winning streak
25 - Toronto-------- 4-5-1 Last week (29th) 1 game losing streak
26 - Ottawa --- 4-5-1 Last week (3rd) 2 game losing streak

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:In other words, sorry Clutch, but it's *not* based on the last 10 games. The spelling of the team's name is also involved.

The first power ranking I did had the explanation for tie breakers which starts with who has the better winning streak followed by who has the better record in their respective last win.

In other words if the Sens won their last game on the road and another team with the same record and same winning streak won their last game on the road as well the team with the better road record gets the higher ranking.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also I shouldn't have said last week ranking because it was the date of the last time I did a power ranking.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum