GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

+13
Riprock
Phoenix30
beedub
Acrobat
Mosky
dennycrane
Cronie
jamvan
wprager
NBDragonfly
PKC
PTFlea
Aetherial
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:16 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

The GM Central pool has been streamlined!

1 point for a goal, 1 point for an assist
2 points for a goaltender win, 1 bonus point for a shutout

It will work the same as the other pool.

Player point costs range from 11 (Crosby, Ovechkin) down to 2 for various lunchpail guys.

You will have 110 points to spend on making a team.

The real difference is going to be how people apportion their money by position, and which players they like in a certain group...

You Senators fans are going to be able to reasonably choose your Sens players now, whereas with a cap pool, there were way cheaper options, and most people (everyone?) would only take Alfredsson.

The picking sheet is here...

http://www.4shared.com/file/64260390/72d6fe5a/GmCentralPool_09_24_08.html
NOTE:The instructions in the sheet say to mark column G with an "x" to select a player. You should mark column E.

You can do it in Excel, save it, then send it to me at:

pa_thomp@yahoo.com

Last edited by Aetherial on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total

2GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you've put that much time into it and think it'll be that closely contested, then yeah, let's make it more challenging. I personally have no issue with that at all. As long as everyone's cool with it, let's do it.

How simple can we make this though, so people don't have to kill themselves? Will the instructions be complex, or will this be a relatively simple procedure in picking the players?

EDIT:

Ah, point value system. Easy to do.

Do you have a point value system in mind already?

3GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:23 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds good to me.

4GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:46 pm

NBDragonfly

Prospect
Prospect

I agree. So long as it will not induce migraines! LOL

But seriously, a point system sounds good to me.

5GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NBDragonfly wrote:I agree. So long as it will not induce migraines! LOL

But seriously, a point system sounds good to me.

Migraines, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention.

The tool Aetherial has designed will make all your headaches go away ... to be replaced with all new headaches Smile

6GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Player point costs range from 11 (Crosby, Ovechkin) down to 1 for various lunchpail guys.

The real difference is going to be how people apportion their money by position, and which players they like in a certain group...

You Senators fans are going to be able to reasonably choose your Sens players now, whereas with a cap pool, there were way cheaper options, and most people (everyone?) would only take Alfredsson.

Heater, Please post this where people can see it.

7GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:46 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial wrote:It will work the same as the other pool.

Player point costs range from 11 (Crosby, Ovechkin) down to 1 for various lunchpail guys.

Holy crap this is tough!!!!

8GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:15 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hehehe. I know! but I like a good challenge!!

9GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:17 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Is there any cost or prizes?

10GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:33 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cost? No.
As for prizes, I was under the impression it was solely for bragging rights. Smile

11GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:56 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:
Aetherial wrote:It will work the same as the other pool.

Holy crap this is tough!!!!

Agreed,

The concept is simple, no different from the salary cap system really.

The execution is much harder, because there are no *obvious* bargain basement choice that you absolutely must take (Malkin, Stastny, Pomminville, Price, Backstrom, Kopitar etc.)

I expect people will have much different ideas of how to spend their money among positions, and pick much different players within a position...

12GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:07 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This will be a very interesting pool methinks.

A HUGE thank you to Aetherial for pulling out all the stops and for putting who knows how many hours of time and effort into this. Kudos. *tips hat*

13GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:47 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:This will be a very interesting pool methinks.

A HUGE thank you to Aetherial for pulling out all the stops and for putting who knows how many hours of time and effort into this. Kudos. *tips hat*

This was a modified version of something else I have been working on for about a month... so the time devoted to this sheet was maybe 2 hours Smile

It is much more fun and easier to do these kinds of pools using a tool that keeps track of where you are with your spending and your picks!

14GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The GM Central Pool has been streamlined!

15GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Woo hoo! What a challenge I had with my picks... ARGH!! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum