GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

+13
Riprock
Phoenix30
beedub
Acrobat
Mosky
dennycrane
Cronie
jamvan
wprager
NBDragonfly
PKC
PTFlea
Aetherial
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:47 am

Aetherial

Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:This will be a very interesting pool methinks.

A HUGE thank you to Aetherial for pulling out all the stops and for putting who knows how many hours of time and effort into this. Kudos. *tips hat*

This was a modified version of something else I have been working on for about a month... so the time devoted to this sheet was maybe 2 hours Smile

It is much more fun and easier to do these kinds of pools using a tool that keeps track of where you are with your spending and your picks!

17GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:02 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The GM Central Pool has been streamlined!

It will work the same as the other pool.

Player point costs range from 11 (Crosby, Ovechkin) down to 1 for various lunchpail guys.

You will have 110 points to spend on making a team.

The real difference is going to be how people apportion their money by position, and which players they like in a certain group...

You Senators fans are going to be able to reasonably choose your Sens players now, whereas with a cap pool, there were way cheaper options, and most people (everyone?) would only take Alfredsson.

The picking sheet is here...

http://www.4shared.com/file/64260390/72d6fe5a/GmCentralPool_09_24_08.html

Heater, Please post this where people can see it.

18GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Woo hoo! What a challenge I had with my picks... ARGH!! LOL

19GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's hellaciously hard. Interesting though - and a bigger challenge for sure. 8)

20GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can do this easily on online pools. Send me your picks when you're done.

You have the same time limit. Due Oct.16th.

21GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:It's hellaciously hard. Interesting though - and a bigger challenge for sure. 8)

That's for damn sure.

Because of the way I did the point costs, it is very difficult to find a bargain. I have tried using some statistical analysis to guide my picks, and ended up with a team I am not happy with at all.

I can't wait to see what people come up with because my attempts are all over the board so far.

If you take a sure thing... you will end up taking a cheap guy somewhere else, no way around it. The problem is, the cheap guys really do suck!

22GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:I can do this easily on online pools. Send me your picks when you're done.

I would suggest that they send you the spreadsheet filled out. That way you can easily tell if they have picked a team within the rules since the sheet will tell you pretty quickly if they messed up.

They should just make their picks, and name the sheet -GMPool.xls or something like that and send it to you.

23GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:39 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial wrote:
504Heater wrote:I can do this easily on online pools. Send me your picks when you're done.

I would suggest that they send you the spreadsheet filled out. That way you can easily tell if they have picked a team within the rules since the sheet will tell you pretty quickly if they messed up.

They should just make their picks, and name the sheet -GMPool.xls or something like that and send it to you.
I just want to thank you Aethial for the owrk you have done, but holy "F" have you made it hard and very interesting. It's going to be interesting to see each other's lineups.

24GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aetherial wrote:

Good call.

25GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:47 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm mostly satisfied with my line up, but I must say, it sure as f**k wasn't easy!! LOL

Thanks again Aetherial! I'm off to eat some advil now!

26GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:I'm mostly satisfied with my line up, but I must say, it sure as f**k wasn't easy!! LOL

Thanks again Aetherial! I'm off to eat some advil now!

After only a day? Wow. Impressive. I've got a whole pile of Dung players that I don't want - and I have to make several choices. Or go back... scratch

27GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, I knew if I kept tweaking, I could be second-guessing myself for days or even weeks, so I just settled on my last one. It's not bad, considering what I was able to swing...

I sent it to you a few mins ago. Smile
I'd love to hear your thoughts dude.

28GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, I knew if I kept tweaking, I could be second-guessing myself for days or even weeks, so I just settled on my last one. It's not bad, considering what I was able to swing...

I sent it to you a few mins ago. Smile
I'd love to hear your thoughts dude.

I'll take a look soon!

29GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:10 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Is it all set up Heater with some lineups in it?

30GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Is it all set up Heater with some lineups in it?

I don't have Excel at work, so I'll look at it when I get home.

PS

You meant Cronie's?

31GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Continuing my constant tweaking of my picks (more like starting over, and over and over...), one thing I have noticed, that I did not anticipate, is that you might as well pick players you like.

I even found a couple Leafs who I really may take on my team. You'll probably find that the players who cost the same as a guy you like aren't any better... so you might as well choose who you like.

... now we'll have a bunch of people with 6 Sens Rolling Eyes

32GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:43 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="504Heater"]
Where do you work? No excel???? are you aloud to download? If so, download Office11. It is a free Microsoft type office software, where you can use all the .doc, .xls. etc...documents.

Where do I download it for free?

33GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 2 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Where do you work? No excel???? are you aloud to download? If so, download Office11. It is a free Microsoft type office software, where you can use all the .doc, .xls. etc...documents.

Oh, I'll do that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum