GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

+13
Riprock
Phoenix30
beedub
Acrobat
Mosky
dennycrane
Cronie
jamvan
wprager
NBDragonfly
PKC
PTFlea
Aetherial
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

106GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:12 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you guys didn't get the welcome e-mail from onlinepools.com then:

Pool Login: 87216
Pool Password: gmpool

And you can see everyone's roster (I believe). Although there are 2 more coming that I have saved on Excel at home.

107GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty How does your team project!? Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Aetherial

Rookie
Rookie

No surprises here as wprager and I had access to the picking sheet with projections. That definitely affected our choices. Walter was even more agressive "maximizing" his team by projection...

Here are the team totals according to the forecasters...

wprager 1080.6
Aetherial 1057.6
504Heater 1044.7
Monkhouse 1034.4
PKC 1031.4
dennycrane 1027.0
Jordo 1026.2
nprovan 1020.0
Rooneypoo 1016.9
BigRig 1004.4
Jamvan 994.0
Cronenbergfan 993.8
Phoenix 982.8
Acrobat 974.7
MurderOnIce 973.3
Beedub 972.2
Blazer_2458 970.9

108GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Most Chosen Players... Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Aetherial

Rookie
Rookie

Here are the players most picked (not including the 2 rosters yet to be submitted today)

Ovechkin, Kuba (10) (too many people watching this weekend)
Neil, J. Staal (8 )
Foligno, Heatley, Spezza (7)
Alfie, Clowe, Letang, Zetterberg (6)
Crosby, Lee (5)

Little bit of Ottawa bias in the picks!

Interestingly, at the same price as Zetterberg, Hossa was only taken twice?

Last edited by Aetherial on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

109GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:If you guys didn't get the welcome e-mail from onlinepools.com then:

Pool Login: 87216
Pool Password: gmpool

And you can see everyone's roster (I believe). Although there are 2 more coming that I have saved on Excel at home.

Darn, I cant gain access from work. Company has the website blocked.

110GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aetherial wrote:Here are the players most picked (not including the 2 rosters yet to be submitted today)

Ovechkin, Kuba (10) (too many people watching this weekend)
Neil, J. Staal (8 )
Foligno, Heatley, Spezza (7)
Alfie, Clowe, Letang, Zetterberg (6)
Crosby, Lee (5)

Little bit of Ottawa bias in the picks!

Interestingly, at the same price as Zetterberg, Hossa was only taken twice?

I noticed that as I was entering them, but I would consider Zetterberg to be the pick out of the two as well. Something about Hossa that un-nerves a lot of people I think. New team, only one year (theoretically) has horrible fluxes up and down from year to year, pretty streaky. I don't know what it is, but I only considered him once - and when I couldn't fit him in, he was the first to go.

As for Kuba, Neil and Foligno - they're all cheap and have potential to eclipse the 2.5 (or 35 points, 25 and 30 I believe it is).

Letang is all the astute people out there.

Clowe was cheap as heck as well, J.Staal too.

Good pool, it was tough.

111GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:21 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm going to go right ahead and say it-

Hossa is the most overrated player in the game.

With that said, he's one of the best two way players in the game at the same time. I would never pick him in a pool though, it's what he does in his own end that makes him so special, not the other.

112GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:I'm going to go right ahead and say it-

With that said, he's one of the best two way players in the game at the same time. I would never pick him in a pool though, it's what he does in his own end that makes him so special, not the other.

+1.

113GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:25 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Last year was an aberration. He played most of the season on a horrible Thrashers team in a bad environment and he wanted out.

Before that... his point totals for the 4 previous years were right up there with the league leaders.

This year, he will be playing with someone top notch all year long, regardless of what line he is on. He was also the best player on the ice by far in the SCF last year... better than Crosby, Malkin, Zetterberg or Datsyuk.

... just making a case for him Smile I think I took them both (can't remember)

114GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:55 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Aetherial wrote:

Last year was an aberration. He played most of the season on a horrible Thrashers team in a bad environment and he wanted out.

Before that... his point totals for the 4 previous years were right up there with the league leaders.

This year, he will be playing with someone top notch all year long, regardless of what line he is on. He was also the best player on the ice by far in the SCF last year... better than Crosby, Malkin, Zetterberg or Datsyuk.

... just making a case for him Smile I think I took them both (can't remember)

115GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 8 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:32 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

So far Jordo... I think I am winning the Hossa debate Razz

Seriously, he was the best player on the ice in last year's SCF... including Malkin, Crosby, Zetterberg, Datsyuk. Now that he is surrounded by the cast in Detroit, I am not surprised he is off to the start he is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum