GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

+13
Riprock
Phoenix30
beedub
Acrobat
Mosky
dennycrane
Cronie
jamvan
wprager
NBDragonfly
PKC
PTFlea
Aetherial
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:56 am

Aetherial

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
Aetherial wrote:
Dosn't matter to me, I will wait until the last moment either way Smile

Exactly my answer. I have my team ready to go now, but as long as there is time left I will keep tinkering.

Just the other day Aetherial pointed out that I had Erik Johnson (I actually wanted to pick Brewer because I figured he'd get more ice tie with Johnson gone for the year, and must have put the "x" in the wrong Eric/k). So I dropped Johnson, replaced him with Brewer, and then with the extra "money" I upgraded another position. The end result is the new team had a higher projected point total (using the UPP forecaster-average for the projected points) than the previous one.

The point is, you keep on tinkering until you're told to put your pencils down and hand it in.

Having said that, I agree with whoever mentioned earlier that perhaps we should change the deadline... move it up by a week or so.

62GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
I think you mean Quattro (part of the Perfect Office suite from Corel). Apparently it supports VBA so it should work.

It does... :D I think Quantro is a drink, I wonder what was on my mind...

63GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:
I think you mean Quattro (part of the Perfect Office suite from Corel). Apparently it supports VBA so it should work.

It does... :D I think Quantro is a drink, I wonder what was on my mind...

Ah! Cointreau.

64GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, there was another pool I got myself into. I believe the Yahoo draft is tonight but I'll be letting the autopilot handle it from start to finish. Who else is in it?

65GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:35 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm in it. I've tried posting several messages in the appropriate thread reminding people to set their auto-picks if they can't make it.

66GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:I'm in it. I've tried posting several messages in the appropriate thread reminding people to set their auto-picks if they can't make it.

OK, someone might have to explain the auto-picking to me. I got Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Kaberle (the good one), Rafalski, Green and Markov on defense. Talk about loaded! But then I got semi-shafted at forward. I shouldn't complain, but it definitely looks like it picked nothing but D-men for me through the first couple of rounds. Henrik Sedin is my top center, and I had him ranked 15th among centers, which means I probably got him in the third round. Well, that explains Lidstrom *and* Niedermayer. Again, I shouldn't complain, my only goof, really, was leaving Steve Sullivan off the do-not-pick list.

67GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:04 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

But Sullivan's ... um.... almost good....

68GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:36 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

My first attempt at picking my team, I had blown the budget with 6 players left to pick. @#$%@#$!!

Second attempt, I managed to blow it with 2 players left.

By the time I had gotten under budget, my team had an empty-cupboard look to it. It just emphasized what a GM has to deal with in a cap-era. Interesting excercise. I loved it!

Let the game begin

69GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:21 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I'm trying to tweak my team but I have no idea how the waiver thing works. Do I need to drop a player if i bring one up through waivers

70GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:03 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

beedub wrote:My first attempt at picking my team, I had blown the budget with 6 players left to pick. @#$%@#$!!

Second attempt, I managed to blow it with 2 players left.

By the time I had gotten under budget, my team had an empty-cupboard look to it. It just emphasized what a GM has to deal with in a cap-era. Interesting excercise. I loved it!

Let the game begin

You aren't still using the cap sheet are you? I just say that because you mentioned the cap era. The point system we are going to use is harder, significantly harder, but I waned to make sure you are picking from the right sheet.

71GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:04 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Phoenix30 wrote:I'm trying to tweak my team but I have no idea how the waiver thing works. Do I need to drop a player if i bring one up through waivers

I think your post, and one from WPrager above, should be in another thread maybe? This pool doesn't have waivers or adding or dropping players.

72GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:I'm trying to tweak my team but I have no idea how the waiver thing works. Do I need to drop a player if i bring one up through waivers

I think your post, and one from WPrager above, should be in another thread maybe? This pool doesn't have waivers or adding or dropping players.

Ahh your right. It should be in the yahoo league post.

73GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:41 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The points system was actually quite fun to do.

74GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the pool date should be moved to Monday, October the 6th personally. But I'm afraid that this date change could throw people off and result in less entries.

75GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:58 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

I would agree that Oct 6 makes more sense.

You could make a separate post and see who responds? or send out global PM's (the way they were sent out for chat room notices)?

Or send to people's e-mail?

I am not sure what facilities you have available here for contacting people?

76GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tonight I'm gonna start chasing down guys one by one to get this pool in. I've already received a decent number, but there's a lot more of you.

C'mon now.

77GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:36 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Tonight I'm gonna start chasing down guys one by one to get this pool in. I've already received a decent number, but there's a lot more of you.

C'mon now.

I'll have the form completed this weekend. Unfortunately I cant down load it from work or else I could have it done today.

78GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) - Page 5 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial) Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Tonight I'm gonna start chasing down guys one by one to get this pool in. I've already received a decent number, but there's a lot more of you.

C'mon now.

I'll have the form completed this weekend. Unfortunately I cant down load it from work or else I could have it done today.

Cool. :D I was comin' after you tonight, so I'll scratch you off my list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum