GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crazy morning, Harts canned, Clouston, we have a problem, feat. Cronie's heriocs

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I get to sleep in a little on Monday mornings. Not too much, but I can curl up a little longer because I work the evening shift. So when the phone rings, I barely move. People know that I stay up a little later to write, relax, whatever. This morning the phone rang, then stopped and I was back to sleep again right away. Then it rang again. This almost never happens unless it's something of interest or importance.

Hartsburg Canned

And so it began. My fiance Mel tells me Hartsburg's been canned, which I find odd because I was wondering silently if Super Bowl Sunday would be the best day to do it - not many stations would have that as the top story, get away from a little of the spotlight.

I'm excited because I think we're getting a bad-arse. I'm thinking the worst thing that could happen is we get Hartley or Quinn. Best case scenario, we get a Torts or someone of the ilk. Instead, it's another kid.

Clouston...

Granted, the more I read about this guy, the more cool he sounds. Because if there's one thing we were missing, it was any kind of organization and outlet strategy. It's one thing to say we have no PMD, it's another to have all forwards coming back to accept short, quick outlet passes. Hartsburg couldn't get the Sens to 'get this' and they often looked confused, defeated and lost. And to add to that the forwards were getting frustrated and when they finally got the puck in the offensive zone, they would panic, realizing that if they relinquished the puck, they'd never get it back that shift. We weren't hard on the pucks, we didn't check for an entire 60 minutes, the team looked sullen and pistol-whipped.

Clouston's resume is decent enough, but it's his work ethic in practice and in game (or promise thereof) that had me a little less upset.

...We have a problem...

However - and not enough has been said about this IMO - we have raped and pillaged the Binghamton Senators. Gone are their all-star goalie Brian Elliot, gone is all-world Brian Lee, Brendan Bell, one of the highest scorers on the team - and he's a D-man, gone is Peter Regin, a guy who had picked up considerable slack for the team when Ilya Zubov was called up.

Gone is Bass. For the year. Sorry 'bout that. And soon M.Karlsson, Z.Smith, possibly Zubov again and hopefully Shannon will be back up with Ottawa.

And they're expected to compete huh? Good luck...they have to still be in a playoff spot by the time the playoffs roll around - and what did we give them? Not exactly the plague, but close - Martin Gerber.

Cronie's Heroics

So, I'm still fairly groggy when all of this is going down. I've made myself a nice cup of coffee and I'm staring at whatever sights I can get going. I look at the chat and realize at that moment in time that Cronie was on the Team 1200. I managed to catch the entire conversation - missing the beginning when I actually thought he was from TSN. He called out our site's name GMHockey.com in a solid and unmistakable voice. 'Did he just say that?' I thought. Then he says: "I think Hartsburg signed his death cert. when he benched Jason Smith." I look down at the chat and I had written that minutes earlier. I smirked, this was too good. Cronie was getting our name out there - from Nova Scotia!

I scrolled down and saw what I thought was a 36 - which was the previous high for people on this site at one time. I wondered if it would pick-up thanks to Cronie. I refresh, wondering if that was what it was.

143 people on. Over 100 guests.

Way to go Cronie! And to all the people who checked us out - come on in! We're always talking hockey (albeit usually Sens).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Those Cronie heroics were freakin' awesome. My work internet feed had crashed and for a brief moment I thought it was the site itself crashing due to the level of traffic. Ah well maybe next time :D

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Kudos to Cro!!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Page loads yesterday hit 2132 - The last time we were in that range was December 17th when we hit 2181 page loads with a site record (Since keeping track in late November) 2711 on December 4th.

Our Most unique Visitors ever was also set yesterday at 612 with the previous record set on December 4th at 530.

Great job Cronie. As visitors and members of this site feel free to plug our site as Cronie did on Team1200 and lets see if we can shatter those records again.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have many more selfish self-plugs coming boys!
Yes, that's right, I have NO shame! LOL

While I was hoping we would have new members from that incredible flurry of activity, it didn't happen, this time... But I think if we all get the word out ANYWAY we can, this site will continue to grow and you, the members, will reap the rewards and benefits.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:I have many more selfish self-plugs coming boys!
Yes, that's right, I have NO shame! LOL

While I was hoping we would have new members from that incredible flurry of activity, it didn't happen, this time... But I think if we all get the word out ANYWAY we can, this site will continue to grow and you, the members, will reap the rewards and benefits.

2 new members since that plug Cronie :D I don't know if it's related but we keep growing that's for sure. Last month was our slowest month with 9 new members but with 2 already this month it's looking up.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and we just added a Flyers fan so if my calculations are correct we now have representation from two complete divisions in the Eastern Conference :D

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm hoping that people took a quick look around. There's a fair bit of knowledge on here - and all of us love to talk. It's really a neat place to come to to talk hockey (again, mostly Sens, but still...)

You know what guys, I will spam the REALGM hockey forums for you. It will be my contribution...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LMAO

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:LMAO

It's true Cronie. There's a website called RealGMHockey.com with articles and forums.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that SUCKS!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum