GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New PS3 Owners Thread

+15
sens4win
Tuk Tuk
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
smash88
shabbs
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
beedub
caissie_1
SensHulk
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

121New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I have no idea, I use Orb and it seems to work.

122New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:39 pm

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

time to start updating your rosters on NHL2010 Ahhhhh!

123New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Already did Cool

124New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:48 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Already did Cool
haha same Sarcasm
overall went way down

125New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

P.S. When I checked off the advanced setting "Allow new devices and computers automatically (not recommended)" then the PS3 discovered one media server (my PC). But, like it says, that's not the recommended way.

126New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sens4win wrote:time to start updating your rosters on NHL2010 Ahhhhh!

Yeah, by the way, how do you do it? My kid's still playing the Sens with Heatley, Comrie, Schubert and Smith in the lineup.

Does he need to connect to the PSN for the updates or is it separate?

And a more-generic question about the PSN: I've created an account already, but can my son (logged in as himself) use that account or will he have to set up one himself?

127New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:52 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Wprages, your firewall must be blocking it.

128New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:55 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Yeah, by the way, how do you do it? My kid's still playing the Sens with Heatley, Comrie, Schubert and Smith in the lineup.

And a more-generic question about the PSN: I've created an account already, but can my son (logged in as himself) use that account or will he have to set up one himself?
its not in front of me right now but go to my nhl10 then go to roster moves or player management or its under settings sorry like i said not in front of me but try that. you dont have to connect it to anything its right off of the disc

129New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Wprages, your firewall must be blocking it.

I don't think I'm running a firewall, at least not intentionally. But if I did, then wouldn't it block all access? When I configured the PC to allow new devices/computers automatically, the PS3 saw my PC as a media server.

130New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I have the 360 version, but it should be the same.

To download new roster updates, go to (from the title menu): XBOX Live>MY XBOX Live>Download Rosters> then select the latest update.

They won't have this last trade, so you will have to do it manually, wo just go to the roster moves menu and voila.

As for PSN, I think you can each have your own profile, but I believe only one at a time can be signed in. From the XMB menu, go to the far left icon, and create a new profile.

131New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sens4win wrote:
wprager wrote:

its not in front of me right now but go to my nhl10 then go to roster moves or player management or its under settings sorry like i said not in front of me but try that. you dont have to connect it to anything its right off of the disc

If you are talking about making trades in the game, then he already does that. At one point he was playing with Spezza flanked by Heatley and Ovechkin or something stupid like that. He trued off the cap restrictions, obviously.

I thought you could download roster updates from the web, not from whatever came on disc.

132New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

See my above post to download the rosters.

Also, since you have PS3, you can avoid the EA updates altogether and download the Ultimate Roster Updates. http://sites.google.com/site/nhlrosters/

The guy makes his own rosters which are a lot better than what EA does. You download it to a USB and save them to your PS3. Instructions are on the site. Easy to follow.

Last edited by Dash on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

133New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:02 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
sens4win wrote:
wprager wrote:

If you are talking about making trades in the game, then he already does that. At one point he was playing with Spezza flanked by Heatley and Ovechkin or something stupid like that. He trued off the cap restrictions, obviously.

I thought you could download roster updates from the web, not from whatever came on disc.
its in the main menu not season mode or anything just the main menu you should see my nhl10 or settings its in one of those then go to roster movements

134New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, thanks guys. I'll tell him to look for "myNHL". Sounds like it's something he'll have to sign up for, though.

135New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:30 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:OK, thanks guys. I'll tell him to look for "myNHL". Sounds like it's something he'll have to sign up for, though.
100% free
i think it was designed for situations like this ( trades in the nhl ) and roster moves

136New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, I know it's free, but the "my" part usually means it's a sign-up.

137New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:42 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0021L8FR6/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

12$ for the shipping I think + the $ conversion. Around 35$ per season.

A lot of $$$, but if you are the collectionner kind it might be interesting.
Would have bought it but I already have all 5.

138New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:45 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I love Lost; it's great! Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum