GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New PS3 Owners Thread

+15
sens4win
Tuk Tuk
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
smash88
shabbs
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
beedub
caissie_1
SensHulk
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

136New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:30 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

No, I know it's free, but the "my" part usually means it's a sign-up.

137New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0021L8FR6/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

12$ for the shipping I think + the $ conversion. Around 35$ per season.

A lot of $$$, but if you are the collectionner kind it might be interesting.
Would have bought it but I already have all 5.

138New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I love Lost; it's great! Sarcasm

139New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:48 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Heavy Rain is out on the 23rd !!

I haven't touched the PS3 in a while ...

Did you guys ever exchange PSN IDs or anything like that ? Have a GMHockey game in NHL10 or something ...

140New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm wprager everywhere. Of course I never get to play.

141New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:15 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm marakh but never play online, limited download sucks so hard.

142New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Thos who want to play the Heavy Rain demo now:
http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

143New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:51 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm sillyleezard on PSN but I don't think I've played anything online Laugh1

marakh wrote:Thos who want to play the Heavy Rain demo now:
http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

YES ! Hope it's good, I got the wife all excited for it.

Wondering if I should try the demo or just wait for the game and not ruin anything for me. Downloads over Wi-Fi are so slow for me it'll take a good few hours to download it prolly. Laugh1

144New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I suggest waiting. Reviews of the game I've seen are 5 stars, 9/10, 10/10... Not gonna spoil myself with this demo.

145New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Heavy rain reviews are pouring in. Unanimously acclaimed. Can't wait.

146New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, fLo is free to download at the PSN Store. You can download it for the PS3 or the PSP, I believe. It's a little different from the PC version I played a couple years back. You change direction by tilting the controller, and when you go up/down levels it actually looks like you're moving up or dowb.

147New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My kid insists that in order to update the rosters in NHL10 he has to login to a PSN account. He wants his own, but since I have the master account it has to go through me. So I entered all of my information and it says an e-mail will be sent to me, telling me how to finish creating his account. That was about 2-3 hours ago, and still nothing in my Inbox or Junk folder. I seem to remember a few weeks ago I couldn't remember my password and had it sent to me via e-mail, and that time, as well, I waited and it never arrived.

Anyone else having these problems?

148New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nope, sorry. You might be able to access your account online via the PS3 website.

I got Heavy Rain today, and it is absolutely incredible. Graphically and story wise so far have just been insane. You switch between characters after "completing" a scene, which completely depends on what you do during that scene as the character. You make choices, like eating, drinking, working, playing, etc. Kind of like Sims in that manner. You interact with people and everything is done either using the RS or the X, O, [], /\, L1/2, R1/2 buttons. During fight sequences you attack and defend using the buttons while everything is acted out.

It requires installation to your hardrive and it took a good 5-10 minutes, but it came with a Origami that you follow on-screen steps to make, pretty cool inclusion to pass the time.

149New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Nope, sorry. You might be able to access your account online via the PS3 website.

I got Heavy Rain today, and it is absolutely incredible. Graphically and story wise so far have just been insane. You switch between characters after "completing" a scene, which completely depends on what you do during that scene as the character. You make choices, like eating, drinking, working, playing, etc. Kind of like Sims in that manner. You interact with people and everything is done either using the RS or the X, O, [], /\, L1/2, R1/2 buttons. During fight sequences you attack and defend using the buttons while everything is acted out.

It requires installation to your hardrive and it took a good 5-10 minutes, but it came with a Origami that you follow on-screen steps to make, pretty cool inclusion to pass the time.

Where'd you get it ??? It's not supposed to be out til Tuesday I thought !!!

150New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I got a guy New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 754246

There's a store near me that will break street date, so I have gone to them for a few games, like NHL 10, Batman, and now Heavy Rain. While they don't get give the pre-order exclusive bonuses that Gamestop does, sometimes it is worth it to play the game early.

151New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:58 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Got mine preordered and saved 5 bucks, so might as well wait for it. 2 days, no big deal Smile

152New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Nope, sorry. You might be able to access your account online via the PS3 website.

It must have been a problem at my e-mail provider's end. The e-mail is finally sitting in my Inbox, with an arrival time of 3:45 PM, but I checked last night before going to bed and it wasn't there yet.

As for "mature" games, I think the last time I played anything like that was networked Quake at work, on the last day before Christmas shut-down. It was almost traditional, you come in and "work" half a day or you have to take a full day off. Easy math. People would typically stroll into the office around 10AM or later, and start making the rounds (Happy Holidays to everyone). Most of the directors (the guys with office doors, not cubicle walls) would have little something to add to your coffee mug. By the time you were done with "rounds" you probably were in no condition to operate a keyboard. Around lunchtime, Quake would begin. What better way to celebrate peace on Earth and mercy mild and all that stuff than shooting everything in sight with a nail gun.

Those days are gone now. It's Hanna Montana on the Wii and Little Big Planet on the PS3, and Sudoku for me. I'll be in my rocking chair. Could you hand me that throw-blanket on the floor?

153New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You're going to enjoy Heavy Rain I think.

It's going to have replay value too, cause you'll want to go back and choose different outcomes.

It's almost like watching a movie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum