GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New PS3 Owners Thread

+15
sens4win
Tuk Tuk
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
smash88
shabbs
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
beedub
caissie_1
SensHulk
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

166New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Should check on your network connection status what NAT type it is showing, if it is type 3 then it's your router. Type 2 is good.

Generally, PS3 seems to suck on wireless, mine gets a weak signal and is really slow on downloads. I have the original 60Gb, maybe the newer ones are better.

Everytime i check my Internet Connection Test is signs me out of the PSN but still tried to run the test. First half dozen times it failed before it got to the Nat, but when it did complete it the one time it says i have a Type 2 with an download of 1.8mbps and upload of 794.3kbps. Having it a type2 means my router is good?

edit; a windows bubble now keeps poppin up saying there is an IP conflict between another system on the network. Anyway to fix that?

167New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:48 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bramlet07 wrote:
Hoags wrote:Should check on your network connection status what NAT type it is showing, if it is type 3 then it's your router. Type 2 is good.

Generally, PS3 seems to suck on wireless, mine gets a weak signal and is really slow on downloads. I have the original 60Gb, maybe the newer ones are better.

Everytime i check my Internet Connection Test is signs me out of the PSN but still tried to run the test. First half dozen times it failed before it got to the Nat, but when it did complete it the one time it says i have a Type 2 with an download of 1.8mbps and upload of 794.3kbps. Having it a type2 means my router is good?

edit; a windows bubble now keeps poppin up saying there is an IP conflict between another system on the network. Anyway to fix that?

Assuming your router is doing DHCP this should not happen. I wonder if it could be someone else's gear?

168New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

This looks insane!! Almost worth buying a PS3 for this alone. The Wii is going to have a hard time competing with this, they're technology seems more advanced than the Wii already. NUTS!

169New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:57 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

^ out on the 17th of September. I believe it's goign to be around 65-$70 to buy. They're also releasing sports packs with it like they did with the Wii.

170New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:

It's normal for it to sign you out for the test. Type 2 means you're good.

If you have an IP conflict, check what else is on your network, something is using that address, which it shouldn't if you're on DHCP.

SensGirl11 wrote:

This looks insane!! Almost worth buying a PS3 for this alone. The Wii is going to have a hard time competing with this, they're technology seems more advanced than the Wii already. NUTS!

Yeah I'll be getting it, there's quite a few neat things coming for it.

My favorite is this one:

It's a long way's away, but that looks like a lot of fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum