GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New PS3 Owners Thread

+15
sens4win
Tuk Tuk
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
smash88
shabbs
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
beedub
caissie_1
SensHulk
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

31New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:21 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

It's Settings, Display Settings, Video output, Custom and 1080i.

32New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The "Harmony PS3 Adapter" is an IR "receiver" which outputs bluetooth codes. It's very specific to the PS3. If you own a Harmony remote, you add a PS3 device in your settings, then the Harmony remote will send IR codes to the adapter which then relays them as bluetooth codes to the PS3. The advantage is it lets you continue using a single remote (and unlike those adapters that plugged into the PS3's USB port, it can be used to turn the PS3 on -- the USB ports are not powered up when the PS3 is off, so those adapters could not turn it on). The disadvantage is you still have to point the remote (at the adapter).

33New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:It's Settings, Display Settings, Video output, Custom and 1080i.

Thanks, I'll try that.

34New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:45 pm

wprager wrote:As for Uncharted, like I said, there is a controller bundle out there that gets you Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Is that worth it ($5 more than the price of a separate controller)? Also, just how much shooting goes on in that game? My wife is very anti-violence, but our oldest is 13 now, and everyone (even the youngest) have seen all the Indy movies and LotR. She definitely wouldn't go for it if there's blood, though. Star Wars with all the droids getting slaughtered has been played in this house.

There is lots of shooting. And blood.

EDIT: Forget the kids, buy them for yourself. Yes that bundle is a nice deal. I was kicking myself, as I saw that bundle a few days after buying the first Uncharted brand new.

35New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:32 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The first uncharted is now a Greatest hits, so 29.99 brand new, probably 25 in some places.
Yes there's blood, but is there really more than in an IJ movie? I'm not sure.

36New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:03 am

marakh wrote:The first uncharted is now a Greatest hits, so 29.99 brand new, probably 25 in some places.

Well, we you are getting hit there is blood on the edges of the screen. That's probably the worst part. There certainly is violence in the game, but it's getting nearly impossible to avoid it these days.

37New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:04 am

marakh wrote:The first uncharted is now a Greatest hits, so 29.99 brand new, probably 25 in some places.

Even with the price reduction, the bundle is still a good deal. The controller is practically worth the bundle price.

38New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:19 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Getting my PS3 later on today with MLB 09 The Show... Looking forward to it...

39New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There is still a difference between watching a movie where someone shoots a bad guy and there is blood (then it's over) and playing a game where *you* are the one doing the shooting, and doing it over and over and over again for hours and hours.

Anyhow, Ratchet and Clank (the one I g

40New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There is still a difference between watching a movie where someone shoots a bad guy and there is blood (then it's over) and playing a game where *you* are the one doing the shooting, and doing it over and over and over again for hours and hours.

Anyhow, Ratchet and Clank (the one I got in the bundle with the second controller) is not getting a lot of play now, since it's wall-to-wall NHL10 and LBP, but eventually it we will get $5 worth out of it.

Oh, and the Wii Fit Plus that was my wife's present has been mostly used by the kids so far. Yesterday I should have taken a picture -- it was like an aerobics class in our bedroom.

41New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:32 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

So I got my PS3 and ended up with the 250 GB hard drive... Those updates take a hell of a lot longer then my 360...

42New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:So I got my PS3 and ended up with the 250 GB hard drive... Those updates take a hell of a lot longer then my 360...

Congratulations.

My buddy has had his for about 2 years and his disk (60 GB?) is not even half full. The difference in price only made sense if I wanted the game that came bundled with it (a Costco bundle). It was not a game I wanted, so it made no sense for me to get it; I just got the 120 GB version.

The disk is user-replaceable, by the way.

43New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, did you get it for gaming or blu ray or both?

44New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:By the way, did you get it for gaming or blu ray or both?
It only does everything.

45New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:18 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:By the way, did you get it for gaming or blu ray or both?

I got it for both.... I wanted the 120GB but it was sold out and i didnt really want to wait...

46New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well good for you. I want this blu ray thing to take off so I'll encourage everyone to try it out. But please don't buy any movies over $25. I want to teach those idiots a lesson. Just because something is a little nicer, doesn't mean that I magically will get a raise from my boss to pay for it. I had to spend $2200 for an HDTV and another $400 for the PS3. I've paid my dues. I want older movies for $10 or less regardless of format. I saw The Fifth Element marked down (heh) to $23. It's a 12 year old movie, and the BD release doesn't even have any special features. None at all.

47New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Speaking of which:

The BIble:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/blu-ray-deals-forrest-gump-9-99-sigs-updated-12-29-09-a-715189/

Plus huge sale on amazon.ca at the moment.

48New PS3 Owners Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: New PS3 Owners Thread Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Well good for you. I want this blu ray thing to take off so I'll encourage everyone to try it out.
I took the red pill... I'm still bitter... I'll only bite when I'm good and ready.

Tantrum

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum