GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top

+15
Flo The Action
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Sens19
Jordo
LeCaptain
jamvan
spader
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
PKC
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Let's see what happens two or three years down the line.

Sad *sniff* Otay.

Sophomore
Sophomore

wellwood and o'bryne for

shubert and donovan.

adds strength on the back end and say what you want about wellwood he has good hands and can score-second line centre possibly.

Vancouver has to do something.....

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

how the hell is that fair? Schubert and Donovan arent close to worth Wellwood.

111519 wrote:wellwood and o'bryne for

shubert and donovan.

adds strength on the back end and say what you want about wellwood he has good hands and can score-second line centre possibly.

Vancouver has to do something.....

So do we, but this does nothing for what we need to achieve and that's drop bodies. We need to lose (in my estimation) one forward, and one defenceman minimum.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

to get back to spezzas comments i really like how he seems to have matured hopefully he will translate this new attitude on to the ice surface

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:to get back to spezzas comments i really like how he seems to have matured hopefully he will translate this new attitude on to the ice surface

Hopefully.

Although again, what else was he going to say? "I don't want to help him"? "He sucks"?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Hopefully.

Although again, what else was he going to say? "I don't want to help him"? "He sucks"?

The stock response: "It's good to have a guy with Cheechoo's character coming to our team. It'll really help spread out the scoring hopefully. I'll help him if I can."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:how the hell is that fair? Schubert and Donovan arent close to worth Wellwood.

Diddle that. Wellwood's like MA Bergeron. A fantastic PP guy, but very little else.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:On Hockey Central this afternoon, Murray said that he had to walk away from San Jose several times until they finally (and very reluctantly) included Michalek. Said it took almost all summer for them to finally give in.

Kind of cool.

Haha, I said this exact same thing right after the Heatley trade. No surprises here. Wilson wanted it for free, even when we were willing to take a 50% discount just to get it over with. Douche.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:how the hell is that fair? Schubert and Donovan arent close to worth Wellwood.

Diddle that. Wellwood's like MA Bergeron. A fantastic PP guy, but very little else.

Vancouver still wouldn't give up a pretty good player for our garbage. If we dont want Schubert and Donovan, why would they?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:i get alittle scared when i hear "at lease 25"... that leaves too much room for dissapointments. i think i rather see the right goals. game winning goals. it's fun to win 5-1 but i rather win a 2-1 game then lose one. am i making any sense? Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top - Page 5 812636

Agreed.

If we get 20-25 goals apiece from Michalek and Cheechoo, we should be ecstatic. Anything else is gravy.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

What were they offering, then? Ehrhoff and Cheechoo? And what were they offering after they moved Ehrhoff? Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top - Page 5 Confused

? Dunno, but they were apparently loathe to send Michalek our way.

I think that might be a stretch of the truth by Murray to make the deal seem better from our end. I can't imagine what they would have been offering otherwise. Unless it was Couture and Cheechoo.

Maybe Douglas Murray? I dunno. I'm trying to find someone with a similar cap hit, 'cause you'd have to figure that the money had to be even... Clowe or Vlasic would fit, too. I would take Michalek over Clowe, but given our situation, I don't know if I would have walked away from a Clowe + Cheechoo + 2nd deal.

But SJ giving up another D doesn't make sense after the VAN trade, either. They already need to fill a 6th spot as it is.

Maybe SJ just didn't make any offers for a while after the Ehrhoff trade, and then, when they came back to the table, that's when Michalek was introduced...?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Look what Wilson has given up before in the deals for Thornton and Boyle. There was absolutly no core players going back the other way, just picks, ok players, and prospects. Wilson probably assumed he could do that for Heatley with Murray... didnt work out like that.

Exactly. The guy's got a history of being a trade cheap-Donkey. That's why I believe BM when he says Michalek was a 'late addition' to the trade talks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum