GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top

+15
Flo The Action
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Sens19
Jordo
LeCaptain
jamvan
spader
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
PKC
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm starting to think Neil gets the A. Just a gut feeling.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Could you imagine how handily the Sens win this trade if Cheechoo and Michalek come in and put up 30 each in the higher scoring, more free-wheeling eastern conference?

I know it's a stretch at this point given past performance, but it's not impossible. And to be honest, I think it's verging more on unlikely as opposed to highly unlikely.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

ANyone of them playing with either Spezza, Alfredsson or Kovalev can score 30.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Could you imagine how handily the Sens win this trade if Cheechoo and Michalek come in and put up 30 each in the higher scoring, more free-wheeling eastern conference?

I know it's a stretch at this point given past performance, but it's not impossible. And to be honest, I think it's verging more on unlikely as opposed to highly unlikely.

Keep in mind though, that the benefit of playing in the East is countered by the absence of Boyle.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Let the Spezza era begin...

Does he get the alternate over guys like Fisher, Kuba and Kovalev?

He's almost always talked a good game. This year he has to prove it on the ice.
Definitely more than Kuba and Kovalev, as someone else mentioned....

I'm just not so sure of Kuba's long term future here in Ottawa, and I think Kovalev's main issue in Montreal was his dependency. Everyone RELIED on him to score and be the #1 guy... I think there's a lot of pressure off of Kovalev in Ottawa with our group of top 6 forwards who are all incredibly capable of reaching 25-30 goals. If he can score 30- I think everyone's happy.

I think you're going to see captaincy awarded to long standing team players like Fisher, Volchenkov (after he's re-signed), Spezza, or Neil.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I think the A should go to Fisher no contention. He deserved it more than Heatley and imo deserves it more than Spezza atm

As for Cheechoo, this guy will score at least 25 goals if put on either the 1st or 2nd line. If he stays healthy and isn't buried on the third line, this guy will be a great bonus in the trade

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Post practice Clouston; said Cheechoo is in good shape and has a heck of a shot: http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/090914_Clouston-s.mp3

Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Yeah, Cheechoo had indicated he worked hard this off-season... good to hear. Hopefully the rest of the team comes just as prepared and in shape.

Bring back the exercise bikes!

Not to mention Boyle said that he'd been skating with Cheechoo for the last 2 weeks and he looks great. Boyle didn't actually seem too thrilled in the Sun article. That's what I took away from it anyway. He said that he 'thinks the world of Michalek' and said that Sens' fans will be pleasantly surprised (stunned) by how fast and talented he is.

That's probably just me reading Brennan's article with rose-coloured glasses, but that's what I took out of it.

PS - I wish Boyle was a Senator to this moment.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Keep in mind though, that the benefit of playing in the East is countered by the absence of Boyle.

Yeah, words don't describe how huge this is for Heatley. We haven't had a puck mover like Boyle...since...never.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yeah, Cheechoo had indicated he worked hard this off-season... good to hear. Hopefully the rest of the team comes just as prepared and in shape.

Bring back the exercise bikes!

Not to mention Boyle said that he'd been skating with Cheechoo for the last 2 weeks and he looks great. Boyle didn't actually seem too thrilled in the Sun article. That's what I took away from it anyway. He said that he 'thinks the world of Michalek' and said that Sens' fans will be pleasantly surprised (stunned) by how fast and talented he is.

That's probably just me reading Brennan's article with rose-coloured glasses, but that's what I took out of it.

PS - I wish Boyle was a Senator to this moment.

maybe Murray figured he could swing a deal in his favour if Boyle gets a bad taste in his mouth in SJ? dominoes/swirlings a plenty Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top - Page 2 668437

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

On Hockey Central this afternoon, Murray said that he had to walk away from San Jose several times until they finally (and very reluctantly) included Michalek. Said it took almost all summer for them to finally give in.

Kind of cool.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:On Hockey Central this afternoon, Murray said that he had to walk away from San Jose several times until they finally (and very reluctantly) included Michalek. Said it took almost all summer for them to finally give in.

Kind of cool.
Nice to see Murray push hard for that piece. A lot of Sharks fans regarded him as their best two-way player without question. I think the general feeling is that they've lost a lot of character and heart this summer with their moves. Sure they've upped their offensive prowess by adding Heatley... but will it be enough to take them deep? Who knows...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Nice to see Murray push hard for that piece. A lot of Sharks fans regarded him as their best two-way player without question. I think the general feeling is that they've lost a lot of character and heart this summer with their moves. Sure they've upped their offensive prowess by adding Heatley... but will it be enough to take them deep? Who knows...

Depends on if they get pushed around a lot this year again. Heatley's not exactly tough.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Sens19 wrote:I think the A should go to Fisher no contention. He deserved it more than Heatley and imo deserves it more than Spezza atm

As for Cheechoo, this guy will score at least 25 goals if put on either the 1st or 2nd line. If he stays healthy and isn't buried on the third line, this guy will be a great bonus in the trade

Not to mention Michalek's 24-25 goals that he's good for, almost for certain. We got our 50 back right there from our Heatley loss, and not in one guy but 2.

As well as Kovalev's at least 20 (let's hope for at least 30 from him).

So Cheechoo, unless he has a horrible year, is good for at least 25. His goals since coming into the league are 9 in his first season, right up to 28 in his 2nd, 56, 37,23,12. Now, last year was clearly a mess for him and injury riddled. If he's healthy, we're happy for sure.

Michalek, first year 17,26,24,23.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Nice to see Murray push hard for that piece. A lot of Sharks fans regarded him as their best two-way player without question. I think the general feeling is that they've lost a lot of character and heart this summer with their moves. Sure they've upped their offensive prowess by adding Heatley... but will it be enough to take them deep? Who knows...

Depends on if they get pushed around a lot this year again. Heatley's not exactly tough.
He's a big guy at 6'4" and 220lbs. He should be able to assert himself... when he wants to.

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:He's a big guy at 6'4" and 220lbs. He should be able to assert himself... when he wants to.

Wink

But he doesn't...ever.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Replaced the 50 and then some. Of course, if all goes according to plan.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:Basically what I have been saying the last few days.

You mean what Cheechoo has been saying the last few days...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum