GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top

+15
Flo The Action
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Sens19
Jordo
LeCaptain
jamvan
spader
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
PKC
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Trade+adds+depth+Sens+attack/1991128/story.html

"He's a guy who could complement me very well," Spezza said. "He doesn't have the puck a lot and likes to score goals. He gets to the net and plays hard.

"I think he's a guy who, with a fresh start, could do real well here."

That's what the Senators are hoping for. In 2005-06, Cheechoo led the NHL with 56 goals. Since then he has progressively decreased: to 37, 23, then 12.

Spezza was asked if he could help Cheechoo hit 50 again. "I don't know," he said. "We'll have to see. But I can definitely help him get there."

Cheechoo is expected to arrive in Ottawa tonight, while Michalek, a Czech who has to sort out some visa matters, might get here on Tuesday.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Trade+adds+depth+Sens+attack/1991128/story.html

"He's a guy who could complement me very well," Spezza said. "He doesn't have the puck a lot and likes to score goals. He gets to the net and plays hard.

"I think he's a guy who, with a fresh start, could do real well here."

That's what the Senators are hoping for. In 2005-06, Cheechoo led the NHL with 56 goals. Since then he has progressively decreased: to 37, 23, then 12.

Spezza was asked if he could help Cheechoo hit 50 again. "I don't know," he said. "We'll have to see. But I can definitely help him get there."

Cheechoo is expected to arrive in Ottawa tonight, while Michalek, a Czech who has to sort out some visa matters, might get here on Tuesday.

Looks like someone wants to prove something...

Basically what I have been saying the last few days.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let the Spezza era begin...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So has the A been awarded yet? Does it go to Spezza? I personally think Fisher still deserves it but I'm interested to see what happens.

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Let the Spezza era begin...

Does he get the alternate over guys like Fisher, Kuba and Kovalev?

He's almost always talked a good game. This year he has to prove it on the ice.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

a little off topic but if anyone cares accordign to sens chirp cheechoo is going to be wearing 41 this season (since campoli already has number 14)

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

our little spezza is all grown up Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top 428331 really nice to see this kind of attitude from him honestly, hopefully he is going to be the team guy we need him to be.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Let the Spezza era begin...

Does he get the alternate over guys like Fisher, Kuba and Kovalev?

He's almost always talked a good game. This year he has to prove it on the ice.
I can see him getting it over Kuba and Kovalev... but I think it will be a tough decision between Fisher and Spezza. I think it all depends on if Fisher wants it... or does he just want to play and not worry about the letter on his jersey. Some guys want to be leaders, some just want to play.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

The contrast is absurd though from Spezza talking like a man playing a game and the laugh on that other thread.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Post practice Clouston; said Cheechoo is in good shape and has a heck of a shot: http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/090914_Clouston-s.mp3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:Post practice Clouston; said Cheechoo is in good shape and has a heck of a shot: http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/090914_Clouston-s.mp3
Yeah, Cheechoo had indicated he worked hard this off-season... good to hear. Hopefully the rest of the team comes just as prepared and in shape.

Bring back the exercise bikes!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm starting to think Neil gets the A. Just a gut feeling.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Could you imagine how handily the Sens win this trade if Cheechoo and Michalek come in and put up 30 each in the higher scoring, more free-wheeling eastern conference?

I know it's a stretch at this point given past performance, but it's not impossible. And to be honest, I think it's verging more on unlikely as opposed to highly unlikely.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ANyone of them playing with either Spezza, Alfredsson or Kovalev can score 30.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum