GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top

+15
Flo The Action
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Sens19
Jordo
LeCaptain
jamvan
spader
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
PKC
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:He's a big guy at 6'4" and 220lbs. He should be able to assert himself... when he wants to.

Wink

But he doesn't...ever.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Replaced the 50 and then some. Of course, if all goes according to plan.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:Basically what I have been saying the last few days.

You mean what Cheechoo has been saying the last few days...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Nice to see Murray push hard for that piece. A lot of Sharks fans regarded him as their best two-way player without question. I think the general feeling is that they've lost a lot of character and heart this summer with their moves. Sure they've upped their offensive prowess by adding Heatley... but will it be enough to take them deep? Who knows...

Depends on if they get pushed around a lot this year again. Heatley's not exactly tough.
He's a big guy at 6'4" and 220lbs. He should be able to assert himself... when he wants to.

Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top - Page 3 Icon_wink

should be, but ever since that injury, Heatley doesn't use his body as much as you think a big guy like he would, Karlsson is more fearless than Heatley.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:On Hockey Central this afternoon, Murray said that he had to walk away from San Jose several times until they finally (and very reluctantly) included Michalek. Said it took almost all summer for them to finally give in.

Kind of cool.

One thing you can say about Murray is the man has intestinal fortitude

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i get alittle scared when i hear "at lease 25"... that leaves too much room for dissapointments. i think i rather see the right goals. game winning goals. it's fun to win 5-1 but i rather win a 2-1 game then lose one. am i making any sense? Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top - Page 3 812636

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:He's a big guy at 6'4" and 220lbs. He should be able to assert himself... when he wants to.

Wink

But he doesn't...ever.
Where do you get this from? There are highlight hits from him evrywhere on youtube.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:On Hockey Central this afternoon, Murray said that he had to walk away from San Jose several times until they finally (and very reluctantly) included Michalek. Said it took almost all summer for them to finally give in.

Kind of cool.

What were they offering, then? Ehrhoff and Cheechoo? And what were they offering after they moved Ehrhoff? Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top - Page 3 Confused

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Flo The Action wrote:i get alittle scared when i hear "at lease 25"... that leaves too much room for dissapointments. i think i rather see the right goals. game winning goals. it's fun to win 5-1 but i rather win a 2-1 game then lose one. am i making any sense? Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top - Page 3 812636

I wonder how many of heatley's goals came when the team was already up by 2. Given the dominance of the Pizza line a few seasons ago I'd reckon that its way up there.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:

Kind of cool.

What were they offering, then? Ehrhoff and Cheechoo? And what were they offering after they moved Ehrhoff? Spezza wants to help Cheechoo back to the top - Page 3 Confused

Im pretty sure that Erhoff was in the original package. Who knows after he was traded. Murray said that the Sharks were pretty adamant about keeping the names of their players anonymous, I doubt we'll ever know.

I still wonder who slipped the package that Edmonton was offering. Maybe Boo Boo planted a bug.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

? Dunno, but they were apparently loathe to send Michalek our way.

TeamRenzo wrote:

?

Ive said from the start Cheechoo on Spezza's left side is the best option.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Where do you get this from? There are highlight hits from him evrywhere on youtube.

Heatley? I can't recall him ever hitting anyone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:?

Definitely. It has to happen this way.

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

? Dunno, but they were apparently loathe to send Michalek our way.

In 2 years time he might be out producing and out scoring Heatley.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:

?

Cheechoo-Spezza-Kovalev would be pretty damned sick. Cheech would be sent more passes than Elisha Cuthbert at an NHLPA function.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sp00nz wrote:
N4L wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:

?

Cheechoo-Spezza-Kovalev would be pretty damned sick. Cheech would be sent more passes than Elisha Cuthbert at an NHLPA function.

Laughing3

Or Alfie, but I see Alfie as Fisher's new wingman. Ahhhhh!

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
Sp00nz wrote:
N4L wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:

?

Laughing3

Or Alfie, but I see Alfie as Fisher's new wingman. Ahhhhh!

I think so too, they've played well together on the PK in the past. Who plays left? Foligno?

Then who does Shannon get to play with on the third line? Kelly as his centre would kill the offensive momentum he's been building up since cementing himself in Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum