GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa

+16
LethalLehner
Mojo
beedub
SensGirl11
SensFan71
Phoenix30
asq2
Sp00nz
strachattack
Urkie
shabbs
PTFlea
caissie_1
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

136IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bah...I hear ya. I said last night that I just wanted the draft to come up and get it over with. Let's either do it or don't.

137IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:35 pm

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Bah...I hear ya. I said last night that I just wanted the draft to come up and get it over with. Let's either do it or don't.

I hear ya.... It's always the same thing. After draft it will be hopefully over. But then again it will probably never be with Spezza. He's unfortunatly our wipping boy!

138IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It will be for me, I can tell you that much. It's many, many hours of deliberating between Murray, Clouston, Luke Richardson etc. - and if they come to a decision and that decision is to keep Jason Spezza, I would trust them over anyone else.

Same with Heatley.

This is almost fully Clouston's call IMO. Can you win with these two guys? Or are they annoying the Dung out of you? Sit down, let's talk about it for the next...4 months and we'll make sure we're as right as humanly possible before accepting the offer that best suits us.

139IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If it's Clouston's call, Heatley would be the odd man out. I get the impression he's not in the coach's good books.

140IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Apparently Bozak's been in Toronto for the past couple of days... did he do a tour of Ottawa as well?

141IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:30 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think he is situated in Toronto since that is where his agent's office is located. Apparently Brian Murray met this guy and his parents long before other NHL coaches were looking at him.

142IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:51 pm

ElliottRules wrote:I think he is situated in Toronto since that is where his agent's office is located. Apparently Brian Murray met this guy and his parents long before other NHL coaches were looking at him.

I may be mistaken, but Bozak doesn't have agents yet as he is not allowed to being a College player.

143IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:so the article said Murray will know by today if Bozak wants to come here, does that mean tonight? do we move someone if Bozak does come here? will he be Winchester 2.0?

Bozak is way more tallented than Winchester and 3 years younger. Tons of time for that kid to develope.

okay so we give him a one way deal, what do we sign him for, is an entry level deal allowed for an updrafted player? does anyone have a copy of "CBA for dummies"? lol.

I recall reading somewhere that one of the reasons why Bozak is being highly pursued is because of contract he has to sign. He can only sign an entry level contract hence he has choice as to where to he wants to play. He is a good example of low risk high reward.

144IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:00 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

notch4077 wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:I think he is situated in Toronto since that is where his agent's office is located. Apparently Brian Murray met this guy and his parents long before other NHL coaches were looking at him.

I may be mistaken, but Bozak doesn't have agents yet as he is not allowed to being a College player.

His agent is Don Meehan.

145IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:03 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Phoenix30 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:so the article said Murray will know by today if Bozak wants to come here, does that mean tonight? do we move someone if Bozak does come here? will he be Winchester 2.0?

Bozak is way more tallented than Winchester and 3 years younger. Tons of time for that kid to develope.

okay so we give him a one way deal, what do we sign him for, is an entry level deal allowed for an updrafted player? does anyone have a copy of "CBA for dummies"? lol.

I recall reading somewhere that one of the reasons why Bozak is being highly pursued is because of contract he has to sign. He can only sign an entry level contract hence he has choice as to where to he wants to play. He is a good example of low risk high reward.

I believe he can be signed at entry level salary. I have heard on the radio that the difference will be what the teams offer him as far as bonuses. There was an article in the Sun last week that stated that he plays with Brian Lee's brother, John, and Patrick Wiercioch. Maybe they will have some pull in getting him here.

146IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

ElliottRules wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

I believe he can be signed at entry level salary. I have heard on the radio that the difference will be what the teams offer him as far as bonuses. There was an article in the Sun last week that stated that he plays with Brian Lee's brother, John, and Patrick Wiercioch. Maybe they will have some pull in getting him here.

Even then I do believe there is a cap on bonuses. I guess it will come down to where he would like to play, a feel for the team, and if how much time he gets to play.

147IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I think he's looking at the same $$$ no matter where he signs, it all comes down to where he wants to play.

148IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:26 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/04/tyler-bozak-ottawa-toronto.html

Laughing3

149IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:46 am

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

caissie_1 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
No, but he isnt 7 million a year for the next 6 either.

If Spezza made 2, 2.5 a year you wouldnt hear a lick from me.

I would say based on everything we've seen under Clouston that Heatley is the one who hasn't brought it every night. Spezza has definately performed better under Clouston than Heater...if you're basis for sending high priced vets packing is simply work ethic, then you've got your decision made.

But Spezza doesn't score 40 in an off-year. It's a tough, tough decision.

Not wanting to get in this again but my choice between the 2 would be Spezza. Heathly is surely a sniper and can be a 50 goal machine every year. But after this year i just would rather keep the playmaking ability of Spezza.

Thats just it. A top line centre is more valuable than a scoring winger, regardless of how good that winger is.

IF the Sens trade Spezza, they'll be back to the years when guys like Radek Bonk played on the top line.

150IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:55 am

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/04/tyler-bozak-ottawa-toronto.html

Laughing3

lol

151IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:57 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/04/03/leafs_bozak/

IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Vaderno

152IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tantrum

- Unknown Author

153IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 10 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, that's that I guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum