GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs sign Tyler Bozak

+4
smash88
shabbs
caissie_1
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=273615

No Ottawa for you

2Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:56 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Ah well. Would of liked to see him in a Sens uni but I guess will crush him 6 times a year.

3Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I wouldn't be so sure the Sens will be crushing the Leafs. The Leafs are slowly putting together a very young team with a lot of potential. Bozak, Hanson and a top 10 pick this year plus many more draft picks to choose from, and DiDomenico coming up, combined with Schenn, Grabovski and Kaberle or the return for Kaberle and Kubina.... lots of potential for a scary good team.

4Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, the Leafs certainly seem to be adding a lot of young depth. Burke is making some good moves.

5Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There's talk they are going to sign a goalie out of the USHL or NCAA as well... the name eludes me, but they talked about it on AM 640.

Scratch that - Pittsburgh just signed him: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=273663

6Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:04 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Meh, a lot of hype about this kid, but I can't see him being that much of an impact player, How is it that he hasn't been drafted all these years, never even been talked about?

He may have a long NHL career but honestly i'm not at all worried he's going to be that big a piece on that team... Winchester is a great example here, he had basically the same amount of teams after him..

Everyone looking for the cheap alternatives, because of the cap..

7Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey Smashie!

It's because he was 5'9" and he grew to 6'1" this year. Apparently he's quite good...but I wouldn't worry about him too much. We have bigger fish to fry.

8Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Hey Smashie!

It's because he was 5'9" and he grew to 6'1" this year. Apparently he's quite good...but I wouldn't worry about him too much. We have bigger fish to fry.

Yeah, I don't know i've been skeptical about the whole undrafted NCAA guys, since last year, when the whole Winchester stuff started, there's no way a guy that everyone wants all of a sudden passes through that many drafts without being taken by at least a 7th rounder...

It could just be me being a little too skeptical, but since when has an undrafted player lit up the league? I know there's been some, but listening to Leaf fans, they think they just signed the next big thing....

I may be forced to eat my words, but I said it over on Senschirp, that I didn't think we needed another 3rd or 4th line guy, I still think that's where he'll end up...

9Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't be so sure the Sens will be crushing the Leafs. The Leafs are slowly putting together a very young team with a lot of potential. Bozak, Hanson and a top 10 pick this year plus many more draft picks to choose from, and DiDomenico coming up, combined with Schenn, Grabovski and Kaberle or the return for Kaberle and Kubina.... lots of potential for a scary good team.

Hanson, Didomenico = meh IMO.

Kulemin, on the other hand, has some nice potential.

That said, I'll take Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson, Volchenkov, Karlsson, Foligno, Elliott, Leclaire etc over the Leafs assets.

10Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:29 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

By the way, Leafs are getting absolutely hammered by the Flyers tonight. I suppose it's revenge for the upset a couple nights ago.

11Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:Yeah, I don't know i've been skeptical about the whole undrafted NCAA guys, since last year, when the whole Winchester stuff started, there's no way a guy that everyone wants all of a sudden passes through that many drafts without being taken by at least a 7th rounder...

It could just be me being a little too skeptical, but since when has an undrafted player lit up the league? I know there's been some, but listening to Leaf fans, they think they just signed the next big thing....

I may be forced to eat my words, but I said it over on Senschirp, that I didn't think we needed another 3rd or 4th line guy, I still think that's where he'll end up...

Depends on how he pans out. Andy MacDonald and Dustin Penner were Murray's last two big time signings - and he apparently wanted Bozak pretty bad. I'm not overly concerned, but it's like a free 2nd rounder for the Leafs.

12Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wonder how much fun Bozak had last night watching the Leafs get ripped?

13Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:02 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If the Leafs goaltending had of been better, this would have been a much different game. As good as the Flyers apparently are or should be, they gave up 5 goals against a "horrible" team. No way Philly is going far without saves. Carter can't turn a trick every night.

The Leafs will be a contender in a few years because of their long term plan.

14Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:05 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

This is a bad sign for Tank Nation??? How could we possibly compete with giving up 8 goals??? We no longer have Gerber!!! Is it too late to call up Jeff Glass? Watch him shatter??? Facepalm

15Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Empty Re: Leafs sign Tyler Bozak Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:33 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:If the Leafs goaltending had of been better, this would have been a much different game. As good as the Flyers apparently are or should be, they gave up 5 goals against a "horrible" team. No way Philly is going far without saves. Carter can't turn a trick every night.

The Leafs will be a contender in a few years because of their long term plan.

When you re up 6-0, its kinda hard to give your all for the rest of the game...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum