GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa

+16
LethalLehner
Mojo
beedub
SensGirl11
SensFan71
Phoenix30
asq2
Sp00nz
strachattack
Urkie
shabbs
PTFlea
caissie_1
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sold on Bozak but who knows maybe he won't be the next Winchester. If he chooses Ottawa and gets his one-way deal then I think we can say good-bye to Comrie, Neil and Schubert right?

Alfie - Spezza - Heatley

Foligno - Fisher - Shannon

Kelly - Bozak - Ruutu

Donovan - Bass - Winchester

Kuba - Campoli

Phillips - A-Train

Lee - Picard/Bell

Leclaire

Auld/Elliott

Players that I don't see here next season: Neil, Schubert and Comrie

Assuming Murray is in search of a top six forward and another PMD and it's able to be done what can we do to tweak this roster in order to accomplish this?

- Unknown Author

2IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:51 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Comrie has got to be a little sour about being put on a line with Neil and Kelly. This franchise will just keep wasting good forwards trying the "get Fish going". It really doesn't matter who comes in as long as that perpetual experiment continues.

3IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Comrie has got to be a little sour about being put on a line with Neil and Kelly. This franchise will just keep wasting good forwards trying the "get Fish going". It really doesn't matter who comes in as long as that perpetual experiment continues.

So aside from that do you have any thoughts on how to tweak this roster?

- Unknown Author

4IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:58 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Comrie has got to be a little sour about being put on a line with Neil and Kelly. This franchise will just keep wasting good forwards trying the "get Fish going". It really doesn't matter who comes in as long as that perpetual experiment continues.

So aside from that do you have any thoughts on how to tweak this roster?

Drop Fisher to play with Neil and Kelly, or that calibre of player and get some talent on the 2nd line.

You're screwing up 2 lines to get blood from a stone. Enough already. Frustrated2

5IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 am

Agreed. Fisher is a glorified 3rd line C. The sooner the franchise can come to grips with that the better. Best case scenario for him is that he plays the W on 2nd line but he wants no part of that so....place him with Kelly and and his buddy Neil and lets revamp the 2nd line. Not to mention that by the time we are ready to contend again Fish wont be more than a 3rd liner anyways.

6IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:12 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As much as like Fisher's intangibles, both SSF and Blazer are absolutely spot-on IMHO.

Fish either needs to play WING or get nice and comfortable on that 3rd line. PERIOD.

7IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OK now that the Fisher situation is resolved what next?

- Unknown Author

8IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:17 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

If he commes that would most likely mean no a Regin next year... Zubov would probably want out as I believe he has been saying he would leave without being giving his shot this year... So i would imagine he would be even more frustrated after another year.

9IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:18 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:OK now that the Fisher situation is resolved what next?

Kick Marshy to the curb and bring in Bert's Bar North. Oh wait...

10IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So I guess Ottawa's done making moves? Just draft our players and go with the roster I posted? Flip Fisher and Bozak and away we go?

- Unknown Author

11IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So I guess Ottawa's done making moves? Just draft our players and go with the roster I posted? Flip Fisher and Bozak and away we go?

It's actually a lot more complicated than that. I really can't wrap my head around it. The defense alone is way overcrowded. We have enough forwards for about 5 3rd lines. I'll leave the shuffling up to Murray.

12IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:31 am

Its pretty simple guys, if Bozak comes in with a 1 way contract, you can kiss either Spezza or Heatley goodbye.

13IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So I guess Ottawa's done making moves? Just draft our players and go with the roster I posted? Flip Fisher and Bozak and away we go?

It's actually a lot more complicated than that. I really can't wrap my head around it. The defense alone is way overcrowded. We have enough forwards for about 5 3rd lines. I'll leave the shuffling up to Murray.

You're no fun Razz The site is called GMHockey. So be the GM :D

- Unknown Author

14IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Its pretty simple guys, if Bozak comes in with a 1 way contract, you can kiss either Spezza or Heatley goodbye.

Is Bozak good enough to make that move?

- Unknown Author

15IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You're no fun Razz The site is called GMHockey. So be the GM :D

I'll stick to GMing my mighty 'Canes! lol

There's a lot of deadwood to cut loose and a productive, consistent 2nd line has to be put together once and for all. We have a decent team with a lot of question marks.

It's kind of nice that there are no big dilemmas in goal, at least and frankly we have a surplus of pretty good defensemen, just not a true all-around number one stud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum