GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs sign Walin

+4
PTFlea
Bramlet07
M_Christopher
jamvan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Leafs sign Walin Empty Leafs sign Walin Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:15 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Sources are saying the Leafs have agreed to terms with the Monsters teammate Walin

2Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Wow, I must say Burkie nows how to play the game. Sign everyone who is not in the NHL and hopefully find a gem or two. Must be nice to be able to have a 30M payroll in Toronto (Marlies).

3Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:22 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

This is actually a terrible signing....a european player who has never excelled in the NHL, and is over thirty.

I realize Ottawa has a bunch of 3-4th liners but Toronto is getting a little ridiculous.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

4Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

At first i thought it was that defenceman from Carolina and thought do they really need another d-man? lol

5Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, whatever Burke. Just sign the entire SEL and RSL.

6Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:41 pm

M_Christopher wrote:This is actually a terrible signing....a european player who has never excelled in the NHL, and is over thirty.

I realize Ottawa has a bunch of 3-4th liners but Toronto is getting a little ridiculous.
What does it hurt though. No risk move, maybe "the monster" requested it. Who knows.

7Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:36 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

if I was Burke, would turn my attention to the guys that are available via FA status in the NHL, not a bunch of guys that weren't good enough to make, I understand its low risk, but if it doesn't pan out, heaven forbid, he might look like an idiot, but then again, if it doesn't pan out, they finish bottom 5, another top draft pick and Burke is still heralded as a genius in Leafland.

8Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As long as Burke makes the team big and nasty with a keen interest in fighting then Leaf Nation will give him all the rope in the world to work his "magic".

- Unknown Author

9Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:As long as Burke makes the team big and nasty with a keen interest in fighting then Leaf Nation will give him all the rope in the world to work his "magic".

It might seem like magic but it's actually genius because he's a genius. Vertigo

10Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:As long as Burke makes the team big and nasty with a keen interest in fighting then Leaf Nation will give him all the rope in the world to work his "magic".

It might seem like magic but it's actually genius because he's a genius. Vertigo

Don't you mean geniusy?

- Unknown Author

11Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Don't you mean geniusy?

Let's not kid ourselves here. There is no word in existence in any language to define or describe Burke's brilliance.

12Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's why we should create the Burketionary

Geniuosy - the amazing brilliance and seemingly magical wizardy that is Brian Burke

- Unknown Author

13Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:18 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's why we should create the Burketionary

Geniuosy - the amazing brilliance and seemingly magical wizardy that is Brian Burke

now you have yourself an idea, I am certain we can have this expanded enough soon to publish it, sell it for 50 bucks a pop to Leaf fans, therefore funding GMHockey to a whole new level.

14Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's another one.

Windbaggery - Most if not all of what comes out of Burkes mouth.

- Unknown Author

15Leafs sign Walin Empty Re: Leafs sign Walin Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Or: Douchebaggery -- the act of being Brian Burke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum