GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa

+16
LethalLehner
Mojo
beedub
SensGirl11
SensFan71
Phoenix30
asq2
Sp00nz
strachattack
Urkie
shabbs
PTFlea
caissie_1
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

121IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:We needn't debate this. The trial and error will continue as long as Fisher is an Ottawa Senator.

Here's something on topic for you, if Bozak is a Senator he better play wing because he's not a 3rd, 4th line type and the 2nd line center position is set in stone.

SSF are you not a card carrying member of the Get Fisher Going fan club? Wink

If it worked, I would be. Fisher is the type of guy that you want as a Senator for life, but his presence just hurts the teams progress too much, IMO.

I'm for the team more than individual players, a LOT more.

Don't put the Coaching and GMs decisions to keep trying him as a second line center all on Fisher. He doesn't tell them where to play and if he does then that still lies on the GM and coach for allowing it.

122IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's looking pretty good actually, we're down to 3 teams (Colorado, Toronto?) and there's considerable interest from Bozak - especially after chatting with Wiercioch all year.

It would apparently mean that Comrie goes bye bye, which is sad because I love him as a player, but he was NOT doing it since being acquired.

123IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:It's looking pretty good actually, we're down to 3 teams (Colorado, Toronto?) and there's considerable interest from Bozak - especially after chatting with Wiercioch all year.

It would apparently mean that Comrie goes bye bye, which is sad because I love him as a player, but he was NOT doing it since being acquired.

It's tough to "do it" when you're playing with Kelly and Neil.

124IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:01 pm

504Heater wrote:It's looking pretty good actually, we're down to 3 teams (Colorado, Toronto?) and there's considerable interest from Bozak - especially after chatting with Wiercioch all year.

Or does Comrie stay to play between Alfi and Heatley? That was being talked about a short term alternative and would make that deal with NYI earlier make a lot more sense.

Just food for thought.

125IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Very true. Perhaps...repeat...perhaps, this is a way to get a third line that has some skill. Bozak - Comrie - Kelly. But...the $$ might not be there.

126IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Or does Comrie stay to play between Alfi and Heatley? That was being talked about a short term alternative and would make that deal with NYI earlier make a lot more sense.

Just food for thought.

Another interesting point. Except, I would suggest that perhaps Comrie isn't the 'hard-working' guy we're all looking for.

127IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:04 pm

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Just food for thought.

Another interesting point. Except, I would suggest that perhaps Comrie isn't the 'hard-working' guy we're all looking for.

No, but he isnt 7 million a year for the next 6 either.

If Spezza made 2, 2.5 a year you wouldnt hear a lick from me.

128IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Very true. Perhaps...repeat...perhaps, this is a way to get a third line that has some skill. Bozak - Comrie - Kelly. But...the $$ might not be there.

It is if you move Kelly and give a young player a chance or resign Neil real cheap.

129IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't be surprised if Comrie is a little turned-off by the way he's been used. He might just walk on that basis.

130IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

so the article said Murray will know by today if Bozak wants to come here, does that mean tonight? do we move someone if Bozak does come here? will he be Winchester 2.0?

131IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:15 pm

SensFan71 wrote:so the article said Murray will know by today if Bozak wants to come here, does that mean tonight? do we move someone if Bozak does come here? will he be Winchester 2.0?

Bozak is way more tallented than Winchester and 3 years younger. Tons of time for that kid to develope.

132IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:so the article said Murray will know by today if Bozak wants to come here, does that mean tonight? do we move someone if Bozak does come here? will he be Winchester 2.0?

Bozak is way more tallented than Winchester and 3 years younger. Tons of time for that kid to develope.

okay so we give him a one way deal, what do we sign him for, is an entry level deal allowed for an updrafted player? does anyone have a copy of "CBA for dummies"? lol.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

133IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Neely4Life wrote:

I would say based on everything we've seen under Clouston that Heatley is the one who hasn't brought it every night. Spezza has definately performed better under Clouston than Heater...if you're basis for sending high priced vets packing is simply work ethic, then you've got your decision made.

134IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

I would say based on everything we've seen under Clouston that Heatley is the one who hasn't brought it every night. Spezza has definately performed better under Clouston than Heater...if you're basis for sending high priced vets packing is simply work ethic, then you've got your decision made.

But Spezza doesn't score 40 in an off-year. It's a tough, tough decision.

135IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

But Spezza doesn't score 40 in an off-year. It's a tough, tough decision.

Not wanting to get in this again but my choice between the 2 would be Spezza. Heathly is surely a sniper and can be a 50 goal machine every year. But after this year i just would rather keep the playmaking ability of Spezza.

136IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bah...I hear ya. I said last night that I just wanted the draft to come up and get it over with. Let's either do it or don't.

137IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:35 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Bah...I hear ya. I said last night that I just wanted the draft to come up and get it over with. Let's either do it or don't.

I hear ya.... It's always the same thing. After draft it will be hopefully over. But then again it will probably never be with Spezza. He's unfortunatly our wipping boy!

138IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 9 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It will be for me, I can tell you that much. It's many, many hours of deliberating between Murray, Clouston, Luke Richardson etc. - and if they come to a decision and that decision is to keep Jason Spezza, I would trust them over anyone else.

Same with Heatley.

This is almost fully Clouston's call IMO. Can you win with these two guys? Or are they annoying the Dung out of you? Sit down, let's talk about it for the next...4 months and we'll make sure we're as right as humanly possible before accepting the offer that best suits us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum