GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

As expected: the Sens begin officially courting Bozak

+3
caissie_1
asq2
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/ottawa-senators/story.html?id=1441285&add_feed_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.faceoff.com%2Fscripts%2FSP6Atom.aspx%3Fid%3D824725

When Tyler Bozak grew from 5-9, 155 to 6-1, 185, people took notice. The Sens had been following him for some time and loved his growth spurt - they also loved his good friend Patrick Wiercioch's spurt from 6'1" to 6'5" this past summer.

Word is that Wiercioch has been talking up the Sens to Bozak - with the hopes that they can soon be united as teammates.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Wiercioch is 6-5!?

I didn't know his growth spurt was that substantial.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Wiercioch is 6-5!?

I didn't know his growth spurt was that substantial.

There's a ton of conflicting views as to whether he's 6'4 or 6'5, but I've read in enough places that he's now 6'5" that I believe it.

What did you think he was? 6'4" or the Hockeydb 6'3?

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Hopefully we can get him. He seems solid. Weiroch at 6''5 is also very interesting.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Height and even weight listings in pro sports is unreliable. A lot of these younger players especially who are constantly growing.

Does anyone find this odd though? The Sens are going after another undrafted player to fill their top 6 needs, and they have to worry about Comrie, Shannon, etc. Winchester was hyped a lot too and is a 3rd-4th line player, though a very effective one.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/ottawa-senators/story.html?id=1441285&add_feed_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.faceoff.com%2Fscripts%2FSP6Atom.aspx%3Fid%3D824725

When Tyler Bozak grew from 5-9, 155 to 6-1, 185, people took notice. The Sens had been following him for some time and loved his growth spurt - they also loved his good friend Patrick Wiercioch's spurt from 6'1" to 6'5" this past summer.

Word is that Wiercioch has been talking up the Sens to Bozak - with the hopes that they can soon be united as teammates.

well let's really hope that Weircioch can sway Bozak our way, these hidden gems from college hockey seem to be the new standard, I have heard it all from Maple Leaf Fans thinking that is how Burke is going to turn around their garbage team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure who hyped Winchester. I remember reading somewhere, when Hartsburg was talking about trying him out on the top line, that Winchester was never a scoring threat. He's a third liner, great along the boards, delivers big hits and not afraid to mix it up. He's a younger, less pugilistic Chris Neil with better puck possession skills.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Height and even weight listings in pro sports is unreliable. A lot of these younger players especially who are constantly growing.

Does anyone find this odd though? The Sens are going after another undrafted player to fill their top 6 needs, and they have to worry about Comrie, Shannon, etc. Winchester was hyped a lot too and is a 3rd-4th line player, though a very effective one.

:excite:

Me. I find it strange personally. Why would we need Bozak when we have Shannon, Foligno, Caporusso, Greening, Grant, Condra and potentially Comrie and whoever we draft this year.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
Dash wrote:Height and even weight listings in pro sports is unreliable. A lot of these younger players especially who are constantly growing.

:excite:

Me. I find it strange personally. Why would we need Bozak when we have Shannon, Foligno, Caporusso, Greening, Grant, Condra and potentially Comrie and whoever we draft this year.

to make sure Burke doesn't get him lol, honestly though, there is nothing wrong with having a bit more depth, injuries happen and someone on that list may never pan out, the more options the better.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

DId anybody see Elliott Friedman interview Brian Burke last saturday? he asked if the Leafs were interested in Bozak, then Burke said: who again? with a smile, then Friedman started to smile too. It was pretty funny.
I think this guy is gonna get some pretty good offers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bozak won't be signed for depth though, he might be signed to replace Comrie, but not as a depth player. He'll only take a 1-way apparently.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Bozak won't be signed for depth though, he might be signed to replace Comrie, but not as a depth player. He'll only take a 1-way apparently.

well if that is true, and I lean more towards trusting what you say heater than I do myself, if he ends up being a cheaper and better comrie with good size, a few people have said it here, and as much as I love Comrie as a player, we can't have too many small forwards.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:well if that is true, and I lean more towards trusting what you say heater than I do myself, if he ends up being a cheaper and better comrie with good size, a few people have said it here, and as much as I love Comrie as a player, we can't have too many small forwards.

I'm just glad it's not me making the decisions. I'd offer Comrie 2.5 X 2 and he would probably say no...Bozak isn't proven at all, I don't think he's the next Blake Wheeler, so I think we might have to look elsewhere - or within to solve the secondary scoring issues.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Exactly - here's a guy (Bozak) that is weighing his options. He has all the control here, and same with Winchester. He will go to the team that will utilize him the best. He is likely looking for top 6 minutes, and how can Ottawa guarantee yet alone give him that? What if he busts?

Winchester was courted by all other 29 teams apparently. Same with Brunsstrom - he wanted to go to a team that would give him top 6 minutes.

Comrie's not even a top 6 forward on our team. Foligno should be top 6. He's playing great with Spezza, and I have long been a supporter of giving him that top 6 wing spot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum