GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa

+16
LethalLehner
Mojo
beedub
SensGirl11
SensFan71
Phoenix30
asq2
Sp00nz
strachattack
Urkie
shabbs
PTFlea
caissie_1
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

16IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So I guess Ottawa's done making moves? Just draft our players and go with the roster I posted? Flip Fisher and Bozak and away we go?

It's actually a lot more complicated than that. I really can't wrap my head around it. The defense alone is way overcrowded. We have enough forwards for about 5 3rd lines. I'll leave the shuffling up to Murray.

You're no fun Razz The site is called GMHockey. So be the GM :D

17IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Its pretty simple guys, if Bozak comes in with a 1 way contract, you can kiss either Spezza or Heatley goodbye.

Is Bozak good enough to make that move?

18IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:35 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So I guess Ottawa's done making moves? Just draft our players and go with the roster I posted? Flip Fisher and Bozak and away we go?

It's actually a lot more complicated than that. I really can't wrap my head around it. The defense alone is way overcrowded. We have enough forwards for about 5 3rd lines. I'll leave the shuffling up to Murray.

You're no fun Razz The site is called GMHockey. So be the GM :D

I'll stick to GMing my mighty 'Canes! lol

There's a lot of deadwood to cut loose and a productive, consistent 2nd line has to be put together once and for all. We have a decent team with a lot of question marks.

It's kind of nice that there are no big dilemmas in goal, at least and frankly we have a surplus of pretty good defensemen, just not a true all-around number one stud.

19IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Its pretty simple guys, if Bozak comes in with a 1 way contract, you can kiss either Spezza or Heatley goodbye.

What would Bozak have to do with top line talent? He's been good in the NCAA, but nothing spectacular. Marginally better numbers than Jesse Winchester.

20IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Is Bozak good enough to make that move?

Doesnt really matter to be honest, if he comes here, he will be getting 2nd line mins IMO until he proves he cant handle it as opposed to whether he can.

Sens are going to trade away a large piece of the underachieving puzzle in Ottawa, and it will save 7 million plus in cap space. What Murray is doing right now is planning for life without one of Heatley or Spezza.

21IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 am

504Heater wrote:

What would Bozak have to do with top line talent? He's been good in the NCAA, but nothing spectacular. Marginally better numbers than Jesse Winchester.

Bringing in someone who demands a 1 way contract and top 6 mins has everything to do with top end tallent. Especially in the cap crunch coming.

22IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:47 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I sure hope there's more to Murray's plan FOR TOP SIX players than moving out Heatley or Spezza and bringing in Bozak.

- Unknown Author

23IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Bringing in someone who demands a 1 way contract and top 6 mins has everything to do with top end tallent. Especially in the cap crunch coming.

He can demand top 6 minutes until he's blue in the face, but no NHL team is going to just give it to him unless he completely and utterly deserves it. Like Brunnstrom in Dallas, he got top 6, sucked, got sent to the AHL, came back up and the Stars eased him into a top 9 role.

I also think the cap crunch is really exaggerated. I don't think the NHL allows the cap to fall under 52 - but more likely, it'll stay in the 54 range.

24IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:I also think the cap crunch is really exaggerated. I don't think the NHL allows the cap to fall under 52 - but more likely, it'll stay in the 54 range.
I'm curious on how you think the NHL can "control" the cap? If revenues drop off the map... they can't stop it. Or are you suggesting they'll introduce a new "law" that prevents the cap from dropping below a certain number or a certain percentage?

25IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:49 am

If teams want to sign him, he can demand what he wants, its pretty simple. He has all the control.

Brunnstrom didnt get sent down to the AHL, he was there for rehab, he got injured.

26IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Bringing in someone who demands a 1 way contract and top 6 mins has everything to do with top end tallent. Especially in the cap crunch coming.

He can demand top 6 minutes until he's blue in the face, but no NHL team is going to just give it to him unless he completely and utterly deserves it. Like Brunnstrom in Dallas, he got top 6, sucked, got sent to the AHL, came back up and the Stars eased him into a top 9 role.

I also think the cap crunch is really exaggerated. I don't think the NHL allows the cap to fall under 52 - but more likely, it'll stay in the 54 range.

How would the NHL prevent the Cap from dropping?

- Unknown Author

27IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 am

They cant prevent it, its based on revenues.

28IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:If teams want to sign him, he can demand what he wants, its pretty simple. He has all the control.

Brunnstrom didnt get sent down to the AHL, he was there for rehab, he got injured.
Once he's signed the contract, the control shifts to the Coach/GM, technically. I'm sure the team signing him would give him a good amount of minutes to show what he's got at the NHL level, but if it ain't there... the experiment will be adjusted, for sure.

29IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 am

shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:If teams want to sign him, he can demand what he wants, its pretty simple. He has all the control.

Once he's signed the contract, the control shifts to the Coach/GM, technically. I'm sure the team signing him would give him a good amount of minutes to show what he's got at the NHL level, but if it ain't there... the experiment will be adjusted, for sure.

Thats exactly why I said he will play top mins until he proves he cant play.

30IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They'll pump up attendance figures, merchandise figures, anything they can to show that the game is still surviving in these economic times. Plus they'll have the tremendous pressure of the top grossing teams like the Rangers etc. breathing down their neck to come to a solution that doesn't entail seeing the cap drop to 50. 50 million is undoable - every team will be jettisoning players to the AHL, it'll be horrific for the game. You'll have guys who can still play being told to sod off, you'll have absolutely - and I mean NO - player movements via trade (good luck trading Spezza or Heatley).

It's all around bad for the game. They'll come up with a way to skew the numbers in their favour - or they'll freeze the cap ceiling at a doable number and keep the floor where it is.

Or they take a page out of the NHL and allow for a franchise tag on one of the players (I wrote a thread about this earlier in the year) - which might be the best scenario.

31IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If the cap ever drops to 50 or 51 million, remind me and I'll admit I was wrong. But I don't think it will....

32IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:59 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:If the cap ever drops to 50 or 51 million, remind me and I'll admit I was wrong. But I don't think it will....
You're on!

I agree, it would be total mayhem... just like our current economy is with all the lay-offs being levied against even people are are doing billable work etc... madness!

33IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa - Page 2 Empty Re: IF Tyler Bozak comes to Ottawa Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:If the cap ever drops to 50 or 51 million, remind me and I'll admit I was wrong. But I don't think it will....
You're on!

I agree, it would be total mayhem... just like our current economy is with all the lay-offs being levied against even people are are doing billable work etc... madness!

Oh man, yeah. A part of me actually wants to see the Rangers get their way out of this is the cap drops to 50. Washington too, and Philly...in fact, 90% of the league would be diddled.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum